Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu TECH (Technician Occupations Selection System) Test

Author Topic: TECH (Technician Occupations Selection System) Test  (Read 117809 times)

Offline malo11

• Very Lite User
Re: Tech Test Questions?
« Reply #50 on: Apr 02, 2013, 10:27 »
did you pass the test the 3rd time around?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: TECH Test to be taken....
« Reply #51 on: Apr 02, 2013, 02:28 »
The picture posted helps plenty..

On-topic:  http://www2.eei.org/eeitests/onlineproducts/PracticeTests/Descriptions/Tech.aspx has the practice graphic exam. With the answers below the question, EEI gives you the technique. As they advise, practice over and over, and time yourself.

Offline malo11

• Very Lite User
« Reply #52 on: Apr 03, 2013, 10:05 »
I appreciate it!!!

Offline malo11

• Very Lite User
« Reply #53 on: Apr 11, 2013, 10:05 »
Can anyone explain the electrical schematic diagram that is on the test?  Looks like this is not covered by the practice test...Any help is appreciated, THANKS!

Offline malo11

• Very Lite User
« Reply #54 on: Apr 11, 2013, 04:02 »
The test invite came and I take this test next Tuesday 4/16.  ANY ADDITIONAL HELP!?!?!?

Modified to keep the peace
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2013, 10:01 by Marlin »

Offline SleepyNuke

• Very Lite User
Re: TECH (Technician Occupations Selection System) Test
« Reply #55 on: Apr 22, 2014, 04:57 »
Hey everyone just wanted to post a quick review on the TECH test. I recently took the TECH test for Exelon for the position of Rad Pro Tech. I had taken the POSS and BMST this past year and passed both of the tests I felt the TECH test was as difficult as the POSS. Many people in other positions told me that the TECH test was the most difficult of the EEI tests but I would have to disagree. I took the practice test from EEI's website and thought the practice test was a little difficult so I was little nervous going into the test.

The test itself was a little different than the practice tests, for one you had more time in the real test than the practice test. The real test was something like 15 min for the first 3 tests with around 16 questions each. The mech concept test was I believe 20 minutes for 23 questions. The questions themselves were all very similar to that of the practice test in some cases a little easier in terms of less math to solve the problems. I would highly recommend printing off the practice test and studying how to answer the questions on that in order to do well on the real test. The real test took around an hour and a half to complete all 4 sections. I took the test on a Tuesday and was given the results the following Monday. Like the other EEI tests there is not a pass and fail or a pass percentage it is a recommended or not recommended. I was recommended for the interview so that will be my next step.

Offline 199q

• Lurker
« Reply #56 on: Jun 11, 2014, 10:15 »
Just took the TECH last week.

It was much easier than the online EEI practice tests.  You have quite a bit more time through each section.

It really is simple.  If you can do basic math, read a drawing, read a map, and pass a basic college physics class you can pass this test.

I'm in a holding pattern for an interview now.  Good luck to all.  I know I was a bit worried, until I read the reviewer's post above mine.

Good luck to all!!

Offline tripex10

• Lurker
« Reply #57 on: Jul 25, 2014, 06:12 »
Hey Guys,

So I am fairly new to this site and I am taking my EEI TECH test in a few days.  I have been searching around this site in and out of forums gathering all the information I can so that I am not as nervous come testing day.  One question still remains.  Does it hurt you if you do not finish or is it better to get the ones you do right?  I have been doing the practice test over and over and with the first part, the Graphic Problem Solving, I can only get 9 out of the 12 done, but they are correct, in the 6 minutes.

Offline Naysayer1203

• Very Lite User
« Reply #58 on: Jul 31, 2014, 03:05 »
It is more important that what you answer is correct instead of finishing each section in its entirety.  You get points for answering correct and you get points taken away for giving an incorrect answer.  Best bet is go through and answer the simpler ones that you know are correct and then go back through and try to figure out the other answers if you still have time but under no circumstances should you ever "guess".  When I took the test about 6 years ago, I only answered about 2/3 of the questions for each section but I knew what I answered was correct, and I passed.  Good luck.

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #59 on: Aug 04, 2014, 11:56 »
When I took my test, the proctor told us from the jump that we would NOT be able to finish all the questions in the allotted time.  So, don't let time pressure be a factor.  Do as many as you can...and do them well.  You'll be just fine.
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #60 on: Aug 04, 2014, 11:59 »
Proctors should never be so negative. While it may be unlikely that you will finish, it is certainly possible you will. Even if it relieves pressure it is not the right thing to say.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline sam61

• Lurker
« Reply #61 on: Oct 26, 2014, 01:07 »
Hi

Guys

EEI Tech Test score came as not recommended for 2 time. I am having difficulty in Graphic problem solving Tower diagram. Time is very less. Is it a simple math or any other formula needs to apply to solve the diagram.Any idea or special advise. Second test is Interpreting Diagram Electrical diagram that was surprise not on practice test and no where to be find . I want to practice this two test any book.Need help in this two tests all other tests are very good.

It is good idea to guess  the answer that you do not know or leave unanswered. Any idea that point will be taken away for wrong answer. How much write we need to pass. Need help guys. I have read all the post but no solid answer anywhere.

Offline Bears85

• Lurker
« Reply #62 on: Nov 11, 2014, 12:55 »
For the graphic problem solving try breaking down the tower in sections, brush up on simple algebra, for the electrical diagram read the description on how the boxes are labeled.

Offline sam61

• Lurker
« Reply #63 on: Oct 14, 2015, 09:40 »
Hi

Going for tech test 2nd attempt. Having difficulty in interpreting diagram electrical diagram symbols used not found any where. Graphic problem Tower diagram difficult to solve time constraint. How do they grade can we guess the answer is there any penalty for guessing like if it is wrong point will be taken away. Appreciate any help

Offline randi13

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #64 on: Feb 22, 2017, 06:32 »
Tech Test... NEED HELP!!!!

Offline Glowing Green

• Light User
« Reply #65 on: Feb 22, 2017, 07:59 »
what is it that you nee help with? Is this your first time taking it?

Offline randi13

• Lurker
« Reply #66 on: Feb 24, 2017, 02:56 »
No this isn't my first time taking the test. The sections that I am having issues with are: Graphic Problem Solving and Mechanical Concepts.

Offline Coolestower

• Very Lite User
« Reply #67 on: Nov 18, 2019, 01:16 »
I took this test and failed. I felt like I was doing alright until I hit the reasoning from rules part, then my brain just locked up. I find myself skimming over the passage a ton and second guessing myself, is there anything to do to improve or do you just accept you can't do it?  I did struggle a couple times on three graphic test as well but I think I managed it, they don't tell you anything so it's hard to say.

Offline nukeorbust

• Lurker
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2020, 05:43 »
I haven't been able to find out if a calculator is allowed on the EEI Tech Test? Would anyone verify that?

Offline nukeorbust

• Lurker
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2020, 09:01 »
I took the EEI TECH exam yesterday a few reflections.

A calculator is permitted.  I think it depends on the site you go to because my site gave me a 10 function calculator to use and some sites have the tester use the calculator on screen, either way one is permitted.

I felt like the graphic problem solving, mechanical concepts, and reasoning from rules were all very easy.  The hardest section for me was interpreting diagrams.  I couldn't finish all the questions. 

Anyway my one take away is to practice the practice tests and learn tricks to help yourself to be able to do those problems as efficiently as possible.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?