Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Can security for commercial nuke look at Q SF86 when reviewing PHQ?

Author Topic: Can security for commercial nuke look at Q SF86 when reviewing PHQ?  (Read 7192 times)

fordmgt1

I tried some weed when I was 18 (8 years ago) and put it on my Q paperwork.  I got my clearance and now I got a job at a commercial facility.  The PHQ ask for anything since you've turned 18, should I still put this one time?  Or will they have access to my SF86?  Would one time even matter?  Thanks for the help.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
were you convicted of trying weed?
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

fordmgt1

Ha, no... but I put it in my SF86.  Now that I have to feel out my commercial PHQ, I wanted to know if they could have access to the DOE SF86

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
I'm not a security guy. but i'm sure the PHQ is looking for convictions and arrests. i don't think admitting you once tried weed will disqualify you. if it is in your DOE paperwork but isn't an arrest or conviction, i wouldn't worry about it. if it is, you need to put it in.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Report convictions for any crime (not traffic related) and arrests for felonies.

Having said that, there will be a question like "Have you ever used, possessed or sold any illegal drugs?"

Answer all questions honestly. Assume they have access to all information you have ever given anyone.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
Report convictions for any crime (not traffic related) and arrests for felonies.

Having said that, there will be a question like "Have you ever used, possessed or sold any illegal drugs?"

Answer all questions honestly. Assume they have access to all information you have ever given anyone.

there you go.

fordmgt1

That is the exact question I am refering to.  I assume they would not disqualify me for trying weed once when I was 18, correct?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
That is the exact question I am refering to.  I assume they would not disqualify me for trying weed once when I was 18, correct?

If you are honest and can show that you are not using (they will test you anyway) there should be no problem, but unfortunately a lot is left to individual screeners. But the bottom line is that once you write it down it is available to them and if you now say no, you are busted for lying and that is universally fatal to a nuclear career.

The chances of a one time event at age 18 being a problem are next to 0... but not exactly 0.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?