Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bobby Jean Coward  

Author Topic: Bobby Jean Coward  (Read 7603 times)

Atomtime

Bobby Jean Coward
« on: Feb 11, 2004, 10:52 »
Last December,  Bobby Jean Coward passed away with what is believed to be from complications of  diabetes.

Bobby had a very, very long career in nuclear power. He was one of the first reactoraunts at Fermi 1 and was a long time staple of Turkey Point.

Teacher and friend to many. He will be missed. Please enjoy one of his favorite outage meals - a krautdog, in memorance.
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2004, 12:23 by HydroDave63 »

remowil55

Re: Bobby Jean Coward
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2004, 09:05 »
I had the pleasures of working with Bobby many times at Turkey Point. He always had a story and would always take the time to give you a pointer. He never failed with the dogs!! He will be missed so very much. May God embrace him and his family. Remo

L._LaGarde

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2004, 09:57 »
I worked with Bob for several years.  He was a real character and one of the last people who thought this business could be fun, something we all forgot while we were chasing the last dpm out the door.  Made a mean bowl of soup, too.

My sympathies to his son, John.

Wolfen

« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2004, 07:23 »
I worked with Bobby at Turkey Point in the seventies.  He was a wonderful mentor and friend.  He will be missed by all who knew him.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2004, 09:40 »
BJ knew everyone and was known by all. Will be missed by all.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

rjs102253

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 03:30 »
BJ was one of the best. He use to sing gospel songs at the personnel hatch at Turkey Point after hurricane Andrew with my wife. Always bought roses for the ladies. He knew his stuff. I'm sure God has him in charge of the HP control point in Heaven. My wife and I look forward to seeing you BJ when we come home!!  In Christs Love, Bob and Mary

jguido

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2004, 07:12 »
I remember Bob Coward ... he hired me for my first nuc job at turkey pt.  I was straight from college .. came in for an interview as a deconner (in a suit) .. his only question at the 'interview' was 'do you have any other clothes?'  I said yes .. he said 'werem tomarrow' ...

I am sorry to see him pass.

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2005, 04:37 »
BJ was one of the true gentlemen in the business. A heart as big as he was! Spent a lot of time with him,Lew, Looie and Hoppy in the Rad Waste trailer at Turkey. He used to track me down when I'd be fishing in the canals off-site to try to get me to arm myself. "Hell son, take one a mine...I got a dozen here in the car". Thinking about him never fails to bring a smile. RIP
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?