Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Dorothy L. Gregg

Author Topic: Dorothy L. Gregg  (Read 4924 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Dorothy L. Gregg
« on: Jul 14, 2008, 09:14 »
Dorothy L. Gregg
Washington Township

Dorothy L. (Strong) Gregg, 76, of Washington Township , died Thursday, July 10, 2008, in St. Margaret's UPMC hospital, Aspinwall. She was born Dec. 31, 1931, in Kiski Township , Armstrong County , a daughter of the late Hobert I. and Olive D. B. (Shupe) Strong, and lived in the Apollo area and Washington Township most of her life. She was a beautician for many years and at age 50 became a Nuclear Technician. She was a member of First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Apollo and past worthy matron of the Order of the Eastern Star. She was valedictorian of her high school class at Elders Ridge. She is survived by her sons, Michael M. Whitesell and Mark W. Whitesell, both of Washington Township; sisters, Delnora Spang, of Jacksonville, Fla., Bernadine (Jerry) Carnahan, of Kiski Township, and Phyllis (Ken) Tressler, of Shelocta; brother, Patrick L. (Sondra) Strong, of Oklahoma Borough; grandchildren, Corey (Allison) Whitesell, of Washington Township, and Cody Whitesell, of Connellsville, and Colby and Cally Mills; and great-grandchildren, Marissa Matarrese, Nicolas Whitesell and Maryn Whitesell. Visitation will be from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. Monday in the CURRAN-SHAFFER FUNERAL HOME AND CREMATORY INC., 100 Owens View Ave. , Apollo. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday in First Evangelical Lutheran Church , Apollo, with the Rev. Judith Boggs. Burial will be private. To send an online condolence to the family, please visit www.curranfuneralhome.com. Memorial donations may be made to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society River Walk Corp. Ctr. No. 441, 333 East Carson St. , Pittsburgh , PA 15219 .

I'm sorry this is getting posted so late.  I received it at work today and am unable to go on the Nukeworker.com site through their system.  Dorothy was one of the most friendly HP techs with whom I have ever worked.   She was always quick with a smile, some humor, and maintained her grace no matter what the circumstances.  I believe she will be truely missed.   I went to the viewing this evening and saw Mark there.  He is doing as well as possible.  I passed on all condolences that were asked of me through the emails today.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Dorothy L. Gregg
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2008, 02:15 »
Mark,

My condolences to the families on the passing of Dorothy. It's not always you get to work with someone who got into the industry by her son. A first and only I think. I worked with you and your mom at some of her first assignments in the late '80's - early 90's in PA and got such a kick out of her. She was a breath of fresh air at those plants back then. And even though I haven't seen Dorothy in years, I still thought of this smiling woman now and then swinging a meter in a nuke plant, brought into the business by her son. Our thoughts are with you and yours. Take care my friend.   

Todd W.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?