Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Questions About Employment...

Author Topic: Questions About Employment...  (Read 8236 times)

shaunathan

Questions About Employment...
« on: Jul 23, 2008, 12:02 »
Hello all,
I'm new here,and I've been doing some research after a friend told me about the possibility of getting employment at BGE,by only passing a EEI test.My question is:Is it actually possible to get a career started by simply passing this test,or is there more involvement to it?;such as schools,credits,etc.Also,is there a way for someone as financially strapped as I am to study for all recommended exams on my own accord,perhaps by simply buying study guides,and other related material? Anyone that can shed some light on everything that needs to be done on my part,I will greatly appreciate.Please feel free to contact me at stracy@arglobal.com,or preferably at sandaforever25@yahoo.com if you can fill me in.Thanks a lot.

LDO4CNO

Re: Questions About Employment...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2008, 08:57 »
Mr Chairman, I yield the floor and two minutes of my time to the Gentleman from Tennessee.  BZ is that enough time for you to assist the gentleman? :-X

JB

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2008, 10:48 »
Mr Chairman, I yield the floor and two minutes of my time to the Gentleman from Tennessee.  BZ is that enough time for you to assist the gentleman? :-X

JB

I suspect that BZ is gonna help the poster right out....the front door ;)

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2008, 09:52 »
Hey, at least we are permitted to feel free to contact them with everything they need to know to jump start their career.

Justin
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2008, 09:53 by JustinHEMI »

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2008, 12:19 »

You unwillingness to search the 234567890987 topics existing on this subject has already placed you in a hole.

Mike

Ouch! Good point but a bit of unnecessary harshness.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

mchance

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2008, 06:37 »
I know this may be off the subject a little, but once you've passed the test how long are passing test results good for? Also, do you think first time test passers have a better chance of getting an interview than second or third time test passers?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2008, 07:53 »
I know this may be off the subject a little, but once you've passed the test how long are passing test results good for? Also, do you think first time test passers have a better chance of getting an interview than second or third time test passers?

Your unwillingness to search the 234567890987 topics existing on this subject has already placed you in a hole.

(note - not an original response - since this answer already applies, as your question has already been asked).... ;)

really, try searching first....the answer is already there, and it's annoying to spoon feed lazy folks...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2008, 03:05 »
BZ & HD can't you just be nice to the new comers???  You have too much time on your hands criticizing...GET BACK TO WORK.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2008, 05:07 »
You know I remember the days of being a newbee.   ::) Ahhhh they were fond ones, but that being said I do have to agree that maybe we can show just a little patience with the new folks till they get thier feet wet ???.  Id say if they had posted more than 5 posts then lay the hammer on them, but not a newborn he is still growing. 

lenaibutterfieldrecruiter

« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2008, 04:20 »
Shaunathan:

Progress Energy has a link on their employment webpage relaying detailed information regarding EEI testing and they also have sample EEI tests you can take. Progress Energy is a wonderful place to launch your Nuclear Engineering career.  They offer super benefits including flex scheduling and every other Friday or Monday off.  They have Nuclear plants in Florida and North Carolina and they are continuing to implement new reactors in each region.  In fact, Progress Energy was featured in Business Week magazine as one of the best companies to launch a  career.  Go ahead--try one of the Sample EEI tests visit www.progress-energy.com/employment  Hope this helps in you EEI testing endeavor :-)

Hello all,
I'm new here,and I've been doing some research after a friend told me about the possibility of getting employment at BGE,by only passing a EEI test.My question is:Is it actually possible to get a career started by simply passing this test,or is there more involvement to it?;such as schools,credits,etc.Also,is there a way for someone as financially strapped as I am to study for all recommended exams on my own accord,perhaps by simply buying study guides,and other related material? Anyone that can shed some light on everything that needs to be done on my part,I will greatly appreciate.Please feel free to contact me at stracy@arglobal.com,or preferably at sandaforever25@yahoo.com if you can fill me in.Thanks a lot.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?