Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu chemistry jobs honeypot

Author Topic: chemistry jobs  (Read 34040 times)

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: chemistry jobs
« Reply #25 on: Jun 09, 2009, 07:39 »
I think your problem is you are only qualified to be a janitor and you dont realize this is the big leagues son.  I am a qualified chemistry technician, are you?::)

All kidding aside, you are really limiting yourself by saying only these two plants and only chemistry.  Try getting in ops, or hp, or as a contractor.  I am sure you will find the work enjoyable and will probably learn a thing or two.  Or try to find out who runs the site's pure water systems, iow a GE water.  See if they are hiring around your area.

Lastly, I dont think CC is hiring anymore chemistry techs in the short term, though it matters not in your position.  I just didnt want someone to read XOBDOC's post and get their hopes up.  It is a great place to work, however.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2009, 07:41 by cincinnatinuke »

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Jun 10, 2009, 07:47 »
I got that info from a CC chem tech. If it's not correct, I apologize.

Valkrider

« Reply #27 on: Jun 10, 2009, 12:46 »
I got that info from a CC chem tech. If it's not correct, I apologize.

you can't trust those chemistry "types"........ ;D

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #28 on: Jun 10, 2009, 06:54 »
you can't trust those chemistry "types"........ ;D

just keep titrating until it comes out right  ;)

mattrev

« Reply #29 on: Jun 10, 2009, 07:48 »
just keep titrating until it comes out right  ;)

Titrating? Who titrates anymore??? We just use the magic whatizit machine...    ;D

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Moderate User
« Reply #30 on: Jun 10, 2009, 08:45 »
Last I heard we were approved for and hired one more tech but on the environmental side.  I wasnt trying to say you lied only that the info was probably out of date at this point.

Yes, those darn chem techs!

BTW we titrate, but it is with those thingamajigs that do it for us.

Offline G-reg

• Heavy User
  • C'mere and chum some of this...
« Reply #31 on: Jun 10, 2009, 11:32 »

Which is like saying a person "cooks" by pushing 6-0-START on a microwave...  ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2009, 11:33 by G-reg »
"But that's just my opinion - I could be wrong."
  -  Dennis Miller

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: Jun 11, 2009, 10:22 »
Last I heard we were approved for and hired one more tech but on the environmental side.  I wasnt trying to say you lied only that the info was probably out of date at this point.

Yes, those darn chem techs!

I may have mispoke about the job, though it is not posted, "rumor" has it one more position may be opened up in the future.

As for the microwave cooking comment, that could be applied across nearly all of what a chemist does at a power plant these days.  Obtain water, press button, obtain result.  Now if it were only that easy everyone could do it.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #33 on: Jun 11, 2009, 10:27 »
  Now if it were only that easy everyone could do it.

that's why it is called "Radio-chemistry", right? I remember fondly the old FM antenna we had taped to the ELT clipboard....

Offline G-reg

• Heavy User
  • C'mere and chum some of this...
« Reply #34 on: Jun 12, 2009, 01:19 »
As for the microwave cooking comment, ...

I'm a former LELT with extensive experience using the Mettler DL-77 Autotitrator.

Just wanted to make sure that you fully appreciate the glass house I have from which to throw such stones.

It's all good...   ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2009, 01:20 by G-reg »
"But that's just my opinion - I could be wrong."
  -  Dennis Miller

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Moderate User
« Reply #35 on: Jun 12, 2009, 08:34 »
As they say "We all good!" ;)

The Mettler DL's were what I had in mind when microwave cooking came up.  You gotta admit though, compared to the nav or any manual titration, its as the kids say "the shizzle".

jnietfeld408

« Reply #36 on: Oct 15, 2009, 10:10 »
Hi, 
I also recently graduated with a Masters in Chemistry and am in search of a career.  This week I am interviewing with a coal power plant as a groundskeeper/plant helper position in hopes to move up within the company to eventually end up in nuclear ops or chemistry.  I am not afraid of starting at the bottom as long as in a few years I can move up.  For those of you in ops or chemistry do you think this is a good way of starting my career or do you think I am wasting my time.  I grew up on a dairy farm and am used to working hard for long hours.  Let me know what you think.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?