Career Path > Outages

can anyone help me with outage work?

(1/3) > >>

Mike L:
HI,

My name is Mike, and I'm new to the boards.  I worked the VC Summer Spring outage.  I was brought in as a surveyor and had no previous nuclear experience.  They didn't have alot of surveying to do, so I assisted the carpenters and general maintenance.  I guess it's pretty rare for a surveyor to be brought into an outage, so my question is, would I qualify for anything else? I have an associates degee in survey/civil, and I've been in the same field for the past 10+ years. 

Thanks alot
Mike

stownsend:
Do you want to travel and see the wonderful world of nuclear energy.If travel, long hours, and working six months a year are ok call the job placement companys on this website and apply for a decon position.

Mike L:
Unfortunately, that's not what I want to really do, but with the economy the way it is, I've gotta do what I gotta do to support my family.  The last job just fell into my lap, and it worked out fine.

Thanks!

stownsend:
I didn't like traveling for 25 years either,as I'm sure most of the rent a techs don't but I did what I had to do. If you can find work at home fine,if not the pay isn't so bad.

Already Gone:
Look in the Jobs section for Areva and SGT.  They use surveyors to help them plan large equipment replacements like Steam Generators and Reactor Coolant Pump Motors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version