News and Discussions > Nuke Community

More posting from Women Nukeworkers

(1/22) > >>

Camella Black:
What can we here at nukeworker do to encourage women, workers, wives, girlfriends, mother's, etc to post to our discussion boards? While there seem to be quite a few women members, most have not made any posts. I encourage all women to get involved in the discussion topics, and if you don't see a topic that you want to post to, then start a new thread.

Cathy:
There needs to be more female goldmembers. Most of the really interesting discussions happen in the members only area. The percentage of women on nukeworker is probably consistant with the percentage of women in this field so I have no real idea how to get more women to post. I personally find the current topics of discussion to be interesting. Places to shop at outages hold no real interest for me unless Home Depot or Lowes is having a Dewalt tool sale ;D
A thread for clean safe lodging for traveling women would be good as well as places to avoid. Posting bad experiences is just as helpful. For example, a friend of mine booked a room at a motel in Florida where several other male contractors were staying. When she got there it didn't take her long to figure out that it was not a nice place, for some reason she seemed to mind the hookers hanging out in the hallways more than the guys did!

Camella Black:

--- Quote from: Cathy on Jul 30, 2008, 10:43 ---There needs to be more female goldmembers. Most of the really interesting discussions happen in the members only area. The percentage of women on nukeworker is probably consistant with the percentage of women in this field so I have no real idea how to get more women to post. I personally find the current topics of discussion to be interesting. Places to shop at outages hold no real interest for me unless Home Depot or Lowes is having a Dewalt tool sale ;D
A thread for clean safe lodging for traveling women would be good as well as places to avoid. Posting bad experiences is just as helpful. For example, a friend of mine booked a room at a motel in Florida where several other male contractors were staying. When she got there it didn't take her long to figure out that it was not a nice place, for some reason she seemed to mind the hookers hanging out in the hallways more than the guys did!

--- End quote ---

I agree that there needs to be more female goldmembers, perhaps a campaign aimed at them would help out. I like you enjoy the current topics, but I also know that there is a need for "where to shop" type threads as well. I sometimes still travel with my husband as do many others and in some places it can be a mad house attempting to find something. You can't always rely on the current technology either as I have been mislead by not only online map sources but by the GPS as well.

I agree with the lodging and encourage female's to post their experiences to warn others before they make the same mistake.

Smart People:
I don't know if i agree with a "Women Only" area,We are all Nukeworkers here(even if peripherally).  but I do agree we should do more to promote more involvement by women on the site.

RedHacker:
As much as people (men mostly) clain that we do nothing but yammer on all day, we sure are quiet on this web site.

Why do you think that is?

Camella Black is in the top 10 for posting.
radbitch, JessJen, Cathy, Lorrie Henson, navytwinmom, Stephanie Long,NukeWifeKW,Tina,llamagramma, Dawne Settecerri, and nuke_girl are all in the top 200 posters list (out of 9452 users).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version