Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu More posting from Women Nukeworkers  

Poll

What can we do to encourage women to post on the discussion boards?

Gear topics towards women
4 (7.7%)
Have more women moderators
13 (25%)
Have a women's only area
6 (11.5%)
Nothing
24 (46.2%)
Other
5 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: More posting from Women Nukeworkers  (Read 62381 times)

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Re: More posting from Women Nukeworkers
« Reply #100 on: Aug 15, 2008, 06:56 »
 :o 

Ohhhhhhhhhhh purple ones!!!!!

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #101 on: Aug 15, 2008, 07:33 »
 8) hey all thanks for this info on the safety websites etc  good job SLOGLO your the best sounds like you all did some good shopping, my turn ...........love the light pink can't find yet....

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #102 on: Aug 15, 2008, 11:53 »
once when i was working at Calvert i saw a welder wearing a pink support breast cancer ribbon on his lanyard..my response??? well that was a REAL man...you guys step up if you wanna show your nukeworker pride and support women to find a cure for breast cancer !!!!!

:) Camella ..ask Henry if he can make us some pink lanyards !! yeah !!!!!!!! lolol
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #103 on: Aug 16, 2008, 01:20 »
once when i was working at Calvert i saw a welder wearing a pink support breast cancer ribbon on his lanyard..my response??? well that was a REAL man...you guys step up if you wanna show your nukeworker pride and support women to find a cure for breast cancer !!!!!

:) Camella ..ask Henry if he can make us some pink lanyards !! yeah !!!!!!!! lolol

I already did. Just send me mailing address through im. I agree on the breast cancer idea too, everyone should support awareness for you never know who or when it is going to strike.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #104 on: Aug 17, 2008, 11:25 »
This is unreal! If I post something that is even questionable on being off topic, it gets deleted almost immediately. In fact I have had posts deleted that actually contained topic related stuff. There is a page and a half of off topic posts on this thread...What gives? Maybe it's because I gave up my gold membership...oh ya, deleted posts was one of the reasons I let it go.

I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #105 on: Aug 17, 2008, 12:08 »
This is unreal! If I post something that is even questionable on being off topic, it gets deleted almost immediately. In fact I have had posts deleted that actually contained topic related stuff. There is a page and a half of off topic posts on this thread...What gives? Maybe it's because I gave up my gold membership...oh ya, deleted posts was one of the reasons I let it go.

You are correct the topic has strayed or evolved, all though not entirely off topic as it still revolves around the issues that women nukeworkers have such as where to find pink lanyards, safety glasses, etc.

I am sorry you deleted your gold membership and encourage you to come back on board. Moderators sometimes delete topics for being off topic, outdated, etc. I have been guilty of this in the past but usually attempted to tell the poster why except in the lodging area.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?