Facility & Company Information > North Anna

North Anna - Lodging

<< < (2/13) > >>

FatMalky:
My first time there I stayed in the Ramada Inn.  The lobby was nice (pool, bar, etc.); the rooms were ok and the cost wasn't too bad (around $40/night) but the drive was a nightmare!!

40-45 mins through those narrow country roads every morning and night gets rather tedious after a couple of weeks - believe me!!

I enjoyed my time at North Anna though.

Bolton:
I have a waterfront house for outage rental

4 Bedrooms (king, queen, full, and bunk with full on bottom), 3 Bathrooms, 2 full kitchens, washer/dryer, satellite tv, free local phone calls, boat slip, 5 miles from North Anna plant.   $600 per week.  If interested, please send me an email at h.bolton@cox.net

FatMalky:
Contact these real estate companies:

Blount Realty  (800) 476-6629
Valere Realty  (540) 894-0445
Lake Anna Realty  (800) 830-2662
Dockside Realty  (800) 242-5253
Village Realty  (540) 895-9212
Shaffer's Cove Condos  (540) 895-5900

They all have houses/condos around the lake.  There are a couple of small motels too (Lake Anna Lodge, Rebel Motel Louisa) but they're probably booked up and I don't believe they're the greatest accomodation, although I've never stayed in any of them.

There's also a couple of campgrounds but I'm guessing they're not what you're looking for anyway.

Failing that, you can always negotiate with the guy in the Quality Inn in Thornburg.  It's not too bad but is around 30 mins from the plant.  No matter what price he tells you, let him know you can get it cheaper elsewhere.  Worked for me a couple of years back when I was paying more than other people in the same hotel but I dunno if it's still the same guy now.

If you want to stay further out, there is Spotsylvania, Fredericksburg, Charlottesville, Richmond... but these vary from 45 - 60 mins from the plant.  Only advantage being plenty of places to eat, shop and get drunk.

hamsamich:
we stayed in a 5 BR house on the lake 14 miles away for 1500$$ a month (not per person, TOTAL).  do the math and you can see the daily rate, not bad.  there are places much cheaper not on the lake, but you have to do the leg work!  fatmalky came to my parties and he knows about my deal there. do yourself a favor and try to rent a house.  even if you don't do roomates it will still be cheaper than a motel most likely, and probably closer and WAY NICER!

RealtorPaul:
I am a local Realtor in the Lake Anna area, and I have several rentals that I manage. They are all booked for this (fall '07) outage, but check with me for next fall. I also have available housing for anyone coming in for Unit 3. Call me at (540) 894-3029 or e-mail RESalesPaul@msn.com.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version