Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Star honeypot

Author Topic: Star  (Read 17483 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Re: Star
« Reply #25 on: Sep 03, 2008, 03:46 »
How common are nukes who don't star re-enlist? If I star, I'm almost guaranteed to have to come back to Prototype if I want any shore duty. For myself, it would be less than ideal.

But I don't want to be the only MM3 on board, either, if it means permanent nub status.

Son, take this from a nub... MM3/2 doesnt mean jack !#$#. Put effort into your quals and time in the plant. E6 is where the "respect the rank" begins to come into play... Dont you dare STAR just to make e5...

withroaj

« Reply #26 on: Sep 03, 2008, 04:37 »

Son, take this from a nub... MM3/2 doesnt mean jack !#$#. Put effort into your quals and time in the plant. E6 is where the "respect the rank" begins to come into play... Dont you dare STAR just to make e5...

Hey, there, cowboy... I thought that's what YOU were going to do.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #27 on: Sep 03, 2008, 04:40 »

At least he came to his senses. :)

Justin

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #28 on: Sep 03, 2008, 04:41 »

BTW, luckykid is a girl. ;)

Justin

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #29 on: Sep 03, 2008, 04:43 »

Read my post more clearly... I said dont star just to make E5...   I am virtually guaranteed to make E5 this next exam cycle (I've never scored below 65 on my test, and I need to make a 54 to get advanced this cycle... cant imagine my scores dropping now that Im even MORE knowledgable), and im STILL Star-ing. I have other goals in mind that make staying in more prudent for me. (i.e. going to prototype to get my degree/qualify EOOW, etc) To star just to make E5 is nonsensical, especially because she is already getting BAH.

justin -> I realized that after reading her other post ;)   btw, I never "Came to my senses", I merely have physically been unable to reenlist :D

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #30 on: Sep 03, 2008, 04:45 »
Read my post more clearly... I said dont star just to make E5...   I am virtually guaranteed to make E5 this next exam cycle (I've never scored below 65 on my test, and I need to make a 54 to get advanced this cycle... cant imagine my scores dropping now that Im even MORE knowledgable), and im STILL Star-ing. I have other goals in mind that make staying in more prudent for me. (i.e. going to prototype to get my degree/qualify EOOW, etc) To star just to make E5 is nonsensical, especially because she is already getting BAH.

justin -> I realized that after reading her other post ;)   btw, I never "Came to my senses", I merely have physically been unable to reenlist :D

Well of course I didn't realize that until this post. :( I was basing it on your advice NOT to star. :) Oh well... win some lose some. :) WITS of your med stuff anyway?

Justin

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #31 on: Sep 03, 2008, 04:51 »
Well of course I didn't realize that until this post. :( I was basing it on your advice NOT to star. :) Oh well... win some lose some. :) WITS of your med stuff anyway?

Justin

Edit -> status : still waiting of course, thats the navy way... However, instead of moping around, Im being a lot more proactive, and doing senior QA quals, and studying systems... Im about tired of studying OP A.1.... Im gonna be SIR in like 4 weeks when I can start qualing...
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2008, 04:53 by Nuclear Janitor »

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #32 on: Sep 03, 2008, 04:56 »
Im gonna be SIR in like 4 weeks when I can start qualing...

No your won't.....

Unless things have changed dramatically since my time onboard, you'll be waiting at least 4 weeks just to see the bottom line signature on any qual card (sometimes longer if the final sig is RO or CO).
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #33 on: Sep 03, 2008, 05:02 »
No your won't.....

Unless things have changed dramatically since my time onboard, you'll be waiting at least 4 weeks just to see the bottom line signature on any qual card (sometimes longer if the final sig is RO or CO).
with all due respect, I was exaggerating sir. I have pretty much all the OP's memorized, and system knowledge out the wazoo, so my boards should go pretty smoothly. I also have a few first classes ready to bust my butt when I start going again.

But back on topic, I hate to thread jack.

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #34 on: Sep 03, 2008, 10:41 »
Don't worry about the SPU's being jerks.  Remember, they will go to a ship one day and have to qualify through the students they mistreated. The ship or boat will find out who the SPU is once they get orders cut, and the "do you know this guy?" questions fly through the divisions.  If a hard working kid tells the division the SPU is a jerk, the SPU will get the most detailed checkouts imaginable.

Which is exactly why I try to treat these students like people and not like cattle (as some of the sea returnees do).

At first I was pretty sure, and then became definitely certain that Lucky was one of the students in my division this last class. She's absolutely right, the problems this class presented coupled with the horrible way our divisional leadership handled them made for one hell of a four months.

Right at the tail end of the video game scandal, too. Oh well, this one should be fun to watch, and I'm glad I wasn't involved (again....)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?