Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Re: Columbia (WNP2) Lodging

Author Topic: Re: Columbia (WNP2) Lodging  (Read 10393 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: Columbia (WNP2) Lodging
« on: Aug 07, 2008, 01:51 »
Anyone have any information on lodging for this area please post it here.

Washington Square Apts  509-375-1162.  They also offer what they call "corporate housing", fully furnished with weekly rates.  Nice place.

Pasco thunderbird motor inn over by the farmers market on 4th street.

Paragon Corporate Housing
1-888-632-5511 or (509) 943-0500

It's a pretty good deal. A one bedroom apartment furnished with everything down to the linens, dishes and pots &pans. Cable TV and cleaning service once a week. It's in one of the nicer complexes in Richland and has pool/sauna, racquetball, exercise room...all open 24/7. You'll also save gas money, as it's the closest place you can live to the plant...it will save you at least a half hour one-way over Pasco or Kennewick.

For long term Benton City would also work, there are a couple of apartment buildings and probably some houses for rent. Benton City has a couple of good restaurants and a decent health club, quiet area, you can drive straight up the main drag and right out to Plant 2, very convenient commute.

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2008, 12:31 »
The only problem with Paragon was that they were expensive.  I had a 2 bedroom furnished apt at Washington Square 2 and was paying 2500 a month.
But it is a nice and quiet place to stay, and you have the river walk across the street.  Its also close to plenty of places to eat.

Offline ourrousehouse

• Lurker
Re: Columbia (WNP2) Housing
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2012, 03:59 »
I've done outage work there and am a local if anybody needs any specific information about the area they can PM me. We're foodies so know all the good restaurants and my wife knows her places for shopping. My wife also runs a short-term housing business in Kennewick (yes, I help with that too) called Our Rouse House, LLC. You can look it up online and find the info. There is a studio in-law apartment rental  and a one bedroom house ($40-45/night), a two bedroom house ($50-60/night), and a three bedroom house ($70-80/night) all furnished w/ utilities and fenced yards. Not sure on availability because we have a lot of other types of customers other than outage workers (contractors, healthcare, relocaters, etc) but it may be worth calling to see whats open if you have a short stint in the area. Otherwise try Craigslist for housing, there's a few places out there other than Paragon.

Offline QCguy

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2013, 05:44 »
  Posting toward the end of the 2013 outage.  Long term prospects for finding housing is good, finding short term furnished housing other than a motel not so good.  The local newsrag, Tri City Herald has very few if any ads for furnished housing.  Apartments go for about $600-800 mo unfurnished with most wanting 3 month minimum.  They are new, look nice, have exercise rooms which you won't use if you're working an outage, but a hot tub can be a blessing.  There were a couple of places in Benton City that were posted on Craigslist, but they went pretty fast, plan on looking 6 weeks to 2 months in advance, and if it shows on CL jump on it.  Benton City is about 45 minutes from the parking lot at Columbia, Downtown Richland about 1/2 hour as is the west side of Kenniwick, and Pasco about 45 minutes also.  Traffic isn't bad from any of them.  There are a lot of RV Spaces available in the area.  Paragon is still operating, and I can recommend Days Inn in Richland, Red Lyon, "M" Hotel <used to be a Clarion> and Shilo Inn.  There are also some upscale places like the Hampton Inn.  Ask for the Northwest Energy Rate.  You may have to talk to a manager for it.  "M" Hotel was $45 day, Red Lyon @ $60.  Both rates for over 30 days occupancy, no tax.  Like Texas, you have to say more than 30 days up front to get that tax break.  There is also a place called Haney's Inn, supposed to be all furnished apartments, no frills looking from the outside, don't know their rates since they had no vacancies when I called.  There are some motels in Pasco but I don't know much about them, they range from another Red Lyon which looks nice to something more suited to hookers and drug dealers.

Offline Paragon

• Lurker
Fully Furnished Apartments in Richland
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2014, 01:25 »
If you are coming to the Tri-Cities for the 2015 Refueling Outage, and need a place to stay, Paragon Corporate Housing is now taking reservation requests! We sell out early every year, so don't wait to make your reservation.

Our apartments are located around Richland and around the Tri-Cities. Your apartment will be setup with cable tv, wireless internet, all utilities, and all deposits are paid. Each unit is fully furnished, and kitchens fully stocked with housewares. Linens are included, and weekly housekeeping services are too.

We are happy to work with you on invoicing, so you can split the apartment with other outage workers, if you want. Enjoy all the space, comfort, and privacy of an apartment, without a lease or long-commitment.

We've setup a webpage with all the information you need here: http://stayparagon.com/2015-outage-the-columbia-generating-station/ .

You can learn more about Paragon Corporate Housing here: www.stayparagon.com or call us at 888.632.5511.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014, 01:26 by Paragon »

Offline rvvillageresort

• Lurker
Quiet & safe place to stay.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2016, 10:14 »
When coming to the Richland area for work, please consider RV Village Resort. We offer a quiet peaceful place to stay with your RV. We have 50,30,20 amp service. We have on site very clean laundry room, fitness center, a rec. room, an indoor heated pool(open year round),a hot tub and a small store. We also have a play ground for the kids and a dog run to let your dog do their thing. We have free cable and internet. We have a friendly staff willing to help with all your needs. If you have any questions, Please... give us a call 509-967-9900. We are located in West Richland. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Be safe out there!
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2016, 10:48 by rvvillageresort »

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Re: Columbia (WNP2) Lodging
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2017, 08:14 »
Just a quick note on housing at Columbia this spring.... Rv parking is at a premium... I have spoken to some of the parks and they say to keep in touch with them as they are getting cancellations and have a reservation list... I posted some of the RV park info on our blog (at the end of it)...
other housing is getting tight, the M hotel in Richland is advertising some weekly/monthly rates and has just been refurbished.. craigslist for the tri-cities (WA) has some short term listings as well.  Also in Apt section there are some contact numbers.  I am also keeping an ear out for people renting rooms.
Good luck and travel safely, Barry

rjjohnson83404

« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:35 »
And make sure you patronize Tommy's Taphouse on Lee Blvd.

Offline mdylewski@redroof.com

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
20% Off at Red Roof Hotels and HomeTowne Studios
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2019, 11:47 »
Red Roof offers 20% off for all outage workers at all Red Roof and HomeTowne Studios hotels nationwide!
https://www.redroof.com/deals/partner/bhi_energy
Click the link or call the hotel and give VP+ #621355 when making your reservations.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2019, 12:17 by Marlin »

Offline karl144

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2019, 05:46 »
Days Inn has good rooms - get upstairs on south side to minimize noise. Nothing fancy but plenty good.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?