Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Diablo Canyon Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Diablo Canyon Lodging  (Read 52077 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Diablo Canyon Lodging
« on: Aug 07, 2008, 02:00 »
Please post any lodging information here.

Previous posts by members:

Do a search on the net for vacation rentals in California mid-coast cities, Pismo, Los Osos, Morro Bay, Grover Beech, Avila Beech etc. You can find furnished rentals on the water starting around $1500/month in the off season. There are plenty of them due to the time of year this outage will be taking place but I would get on it now due to the volume of people they are planning to bring in for the SGR. Good luck.

Blue Seal Inn in Pismo Beach   

Give Avila Hot Springs Campground a miss...they can't seem to keep their sewer from backing up when it rains...   

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2008, 02:01 by Camella Black »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: Diablo Canyon Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2008, 11:37 »
I use www.reserveamerica.com for almost all my camping needs. I have never gotten a bad spot with them. You may also try www.gorving.com

lbattles

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2008, 09:06 »
 :) Furnished 1 bdrm apartment available in Oceano; two twins (can trundle one under other for more space) and queen sleeper couch just 2 miles from the pickup site in Arroyo Grande.  All comforts available, private, quiet, fenced and landscaped yard, pet friendly.  Utilities paid.  In a small triplex.  $1350/month or by the week.
Available 12/12.  email at llbattles@gmail.com. 
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2008, 05:30 by lbattles »

SandsSuites

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2008, 05:21 »
The Sands Hotel And Suites are offering a $49.00 rate to all outage workers, we are located next to Cal Poly at the North end of San Luis Obispo and are able to work around any schedules and or needs the workers might have. If you are looking for a hotel please give us a try.

Contact at 805-544-0500

or

cholden@hotelpros.biz

Thank you

hacienda

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2008, 01:08 »

THE HACIENDA:

VERY SECLUDED & SPACIOUS 5,000 SQ. FT. HOME
CLOSE TO DIABLO & IDEAL FOR DIABLO WORKERS – MINUTES FROM 101 FWY ON/OFF RAMPS
LOCATED ON AN OCEAN BLUFF
SPECTCULAR OCEAN & SUNSET VIEWS

4 BDM, 5 ½ BATH & DEN WITH QUEEN-SIZE SOFA SLEEPER:

MASTER SUITE IS VERY LARGE WITH:
KING BED
FIREPLACE
ONE FULL & ONE ¾ BATHS
WORKOUT AREA WITH SOME EQUIP.
BEDROOM # 2: QUEEN BED WITH ITS OWN FULL BATH
BEDROOM # 3: 2 TWIN BEDS WITH ITS OWN BATH
BEDROOM # 4: DOUBLE-SIZE BED WITH ITS OWN BATH (NORTH WING LOCATION)
DEN: QUEEN-SIZE SOFA SLEEPER WITH ADJACENT HALF BATH

VERY LARGE: LIVING ROOM, DINING ROOM (SEATS 12) & KITCHEN WITH TWO STOVES
SWIMMING POOL
HIGH SPEED INTERNET
BARBEQUE
GAME ROOM
LAUNDRY ROOM

PRICE DEPENDS ON NUMBER OF GUESTS & BEDROOMS

PLEASE CALL: (805) 440-2380

carimon

« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:11 »
Shell Beach Village home half a block from the beach has a small clean 1 bedroom (double bed) available the end of January for a clean, quiet individual. Full house use plus weekly cleaning and laundry included. Wireless and DISH TV in the house. Must be nonsmoking and OK with a small friendly dog in the house. Bring your bike or just walk to the corner for amazing Central Coast sunrises and sunsets.

$850 per month.

Email Carrie at carimon@aol.com or call 805-709-8262.

theyoshman

« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:31 »
I'm looking for lodging at Diablo. Somewhere close to an pge parking lot pick up, or in the Avila Beach area or Pismo beach area. Got called in at the last min. Can anybody help, please?

thanks

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2009, 03:04 by jg »

Tym A.

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2009, 09:56 »
BRAND NEW Pismo/Shell Beach one bedroom luxury condo offered as a rental. OCEAN VIEWS from every room, top of the line appliances, granite counters, designer carpet, gourmet kitchen, garage, LESS THAN A BLOCK FROM THE BEACH!

Long / Short Term Tenancy options.

Turn-key, FULLY FURNISHED!

ALL UTILITIES INCLUDED!(except phone)

Amenities include:
WiFi
HDTV
Cable
DVD
iPod Docking Station
Washer/Dryer
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Garage
Private Patio

Call Tym at 805-748-6966

Offline neutrino

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2010, 03:22 »
1/1/2010

I'm offering shared accommodations in a two story 2/1.5 townhouse in Downtown SLO.  It's fully furnished, dining table/chairs, leather couch/chair, barstools, widescreen, internet, dishwasher etc. The bedroom has a queen size bed/linens, lamps, end tables armior a closet and storage cabinet.  There's a small but nice back patio for chillin or grillin.

You'd share it with one house tech (me) and it's about 15 minutes to the Avila gate (maybe longer if there's outage traffic).

It's a great location, especially if you'd like to enjoy a bit of Downtown SLO in the precious time you have before/after work. Spikes, Chipino's, Mothers, Novo, McClintocks, Mama's Meatballs, Frog-n-Peach, McCarthys, West End Coffee, and the Mission are all a 5-7 minute walk away. 

It's clean, quiet, nightshift friendly, relatively modern with off street parking and shared Garage space if you need it. 

Looking for a single or possibly a couple.

PM me and I can send you some pictures and talk about availability and $$
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2010, 03:30 by neutrino »

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2010, 06:32 »
Motel 6 at San Luis Obispo and at Pismo Beach always has rooms for about 40 a night.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

SeaCrest Resort

« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2010, 05:53 »
Hello from the SeaCrest Resort in Pismo Beach.

We are an ocean front resort that is newly remodeled. We have almost every thing you could want during your long term stay.

Check out our website for all for our info www.SeaCrestPismo.com

Just wanted to let you all know that we always have outage pricing.

Our rates during outages are:

Single King $69.00 plus tax

Double Queen $79.00 plus tax

Ask me about the referral special that we offer.

Give me a call at 805-773-4608 or email me at michael.wambolt@seacrestpismo.com.

Thanks all,

Mike
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2010, 02:18 by SeaCrest Resort »

valentinasuites

« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2010, 02:06 »
Looking for a rental during the Diablo Canyon outage? Look no further than Valentina.

Spacious, fully furnished accommodations with full gourmet kitchen (with stainless steel signature appliances), dining room, living room with state-of-the-art entertainment center, and washer and dryer. Secure garage parking and hi-speed internet access are complimentary. Less than 2 blocks from the beach!

Affordable Luxury. Memorable Ambiance.

For details, call 805-773-1234 today, or visit http://ValentinaPismoBeach.com/amenities2.html for a full list of amenities.

Valentina - Pismo Beach, CA Monthly Rentals
371 Pismo Street
Pismo Beach, CA 93449

Valentina Pismo Beach Monthly Rentals in Pismo Beach, CA

JEEPOHOLIC

« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2010, 02:20 »
HI EVERYONE, LYMAN BEACH HERE, NEW MEMBER, I'M A UNION ELECTRICIAN OUT OF SEATTLE , WASH. , A COUPLE YEARS BACK I CAUGHT A CALL OUT OF SAN LUIS OBISBO FOR A SHUT DOWN, AND I STAYED IN MY MOTOR HOME ON PISMO BEACH FOR FREE, YOU JUST HAVE TO GO OUT PAST THE 2 MILE MARKER AND ITS FREE CAMPING THERE, WAS GREAT WAKING UP TO THE SOUNDS OF SEAGULLS AND SURF, ANYWAYS JUST SAYING, GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCHING 8)

Sun Dog

« Reply #13 on: Aug 16, 2010, 05:08 »
HI EVERYONE, LYMAN BEACH HERE, NEW MEMBER, I'M A UNION ELECTRICIAN OUT OF SEATTLE , WASH. , A COUPLE YEARS BACK I CAUGHT A CALL OUT OF SAN LUIS OBISBO FOR A SHUT DOWN, AND I STAYED IN MY MOTOR HOME ON PISMO BEACH FOR FREE, YOU JUST HAVE TO GO OUT PAST THE 2 MILE MARKER AND ITS FREE CAMPING THERE, WAS GREAT WAKING UP TO THE SOUNDS OF SEAGULLS AND SURF, ANYWAYS JUST SAYING, GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCHING 8)

Last time I was on that beach it cost $10/day.  Not free, but pretty close.  Sometimes the sounds of gulls and surf are drowned out by the sounds of screaming kids, barking dogs, two-strokes, and thump-thump music when the Fresno kids come into to town to beat the heat.  Maybe that is why you had to shout.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: Aug 16, 2010, 05:56 »
Plus I'm sure no one would mess with the lone motorhome sitting vacant all by itself while you are onshift....

dqdave

« Reply #15 on: Aug 18, 2010, 02:53 »
Please consider staying at the Oxford Suites in Pismo Beach. Just 10 minutes from the entrance to Diablo.

We offer special Diablo Canyon Outage Rates whether staying for a week or 3 months. All of our rooms are 2 room suites with either 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds. Each suite has a separate living room with a sofa, mini refrigerator, flat screen TV, etc.  These rates are available immediately and are valid through December 15th, 2010.

All of our rooms are two room suites that have the following amenities;

Full Hot Breakfast Buffet
Evening Reception (excluding Sundays) featuring appetizers and your choice of wine, beer or soft drinks
High Speed Wireless Internet Access throughout Hotel
Mini refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in all rooms
Two flat screen TV’s
Premium Bedding
Parking
Heated Outdoor Pool and Spa
Fitness Center

For reservations or more information, please email us at the address below or call
805 773 3773 and ask for David in Sales. davids@oxfordsuites.com
www.oxfordsuitespismobeach.co m

Offline Robnknoxville

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: Sep 01, 2010, 11:00 »
First timer at Diablo for the fall 2010 outage.Any info on lodging(pro and cons)as to lodging rating/facility/location to and fro Diablo would be appreciated nukies.
I hope this west coast location contract don't hurt to much on the wallet.

Thanx,Rob :D

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #17 on: Sep 02, 2010, 10:47 »
Robnknoxville,
Check your messages, I pm'd you.
It is what it is!

Diablo

Condo for Rent Long Term - Avila Beach
« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2010, 10:46 »
Two bedroom, 2 1/2 bath partially furnished condo immediately available for long term lease (1 year minimum). Condo is two level with two decks and has a two car garage. New paint and flooring throughout. Includes dish washer, refrigerator, washer & dryer, two beds, two love seats and kitchen table & chairs. Call 805-596-0372 for more details. 8)

Offline lrunget

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2011, 10:39 »

dqdave

« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2011, 12:22 »
Please consider staying at the Oxford Suites in Pismo Beach. Just 10 minutes from the entrance to Diablo.

We offer special Diablo Canyon Outage Rates whether staying for a week or 3 months. All of our rooms are 2 room suites with either 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds. Each suite has a separate living room with a sofa, mini refrigerator, flat screen TV, etc.  All of our rooms are two room suites that have the following amenities;

Evening Reception (excluding Sundays) featuring appetizers and your choice of wine, beer or soft drinks
Two flat screen TV’s
Premium Bedding
Parking
Fitness Center

For reservations or more information, please email us at the address below or call
805 773 3773 and ask for David in Sales. davids@oxfordsuites.com

Offline Beach Pad

• Lurker
Room for rent in Shell Beach California
« Reply #21 on: Mar 02, 2012, 12:04 »
I have a room for rent in Shell Beach, California. It's near the Avila Beach "Diablo Canyon" Plant.
The Room is available March 16,2012. This room is fully furnished and with a ocean view from living room and back deck.
Full house privileges $250.00 a week and a $50.00 cleaning deposit.
Please reply to: shellbeachjohnny@yahoo.com

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #22 on: Nov 12, 2012, 02:52 »
Looking for a place to rent for upcoming Feb outage. Place for one person.

Thanks
It is what it is!

MABristow

« Reply #23 on: Nov 13, 2012, 01:49 »

We offer special Diablo Canyon Outage Rates whether staying for a week or 3 months. All of our rooms are 2 room suites with either 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds. Each suite has a separate living room with a sofa, mini refrigerator, flat screen TV, etc.  All of our rooms are two room suites that have the following amenities;

Two flat screen TV’s
Premium Bedding
Parking
Fitness Center

805 773 3773 and ask for Monica in Sales. monicab@oxfordsuites.com

laynie

« Reply #24 on: Dec 10, 2012, 11:30 »
I have a place available. $850/mo + $100/mo utilities - 1bedroom, living room, kitchenette in gated private golf course community in Arroyo Grande not far from PGE pick up.  445sqft  805-720-4841

Details on Craigs List at this link http://slo.craigslist.org/apa/3468415318.html

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?