Facility & Company Information > San Onofre (SONGS)

San Onofre (SONGS) Lodging

(1/2) > >>

deanferraro82:
check craigslist.org or pennysaverusa.com in the san clemente area...
rent is the same in N.SD and San Clemente (San Clemente wins, closer to site, IMHO). Owning a home is marginally cheaper in N.SD, however if you factor in the commute from N.SD, San Clemente is a very close second...

ericmoser:
The Best Western in San Clemente will offer deals for anyone who organizes a group to stay at our facility during a planned outage.  Not only can you sign up for the Gold Crown Club and recieve points good for free night stays, (AAA members get double points), but the manager (myself) gives 1/2 off lodging rates to anyone bringing a group of 10 or more rooms.  Our website is http://www.bwcasablanca.com  Our outage rates for a room with 2 queen beds are $1800.00/month.  Includes heated pool, great workout center, deluxe continental breakfast, and a 10 minute drive to SONGS (5miles). 

Brett LaVigne:

--- Quote from: ericmoser on Jul 10, 2008, 06:56 ---The Best Western in San Clemente will offer deals for anyone who organizes a group to stay at our facility during a planned outage.  Not only can you sign up for the Gold Crown Club and recieve points good for free night stays, (AAA members get double points), but the manager (myself) gives 1/2 off lodging rates to anyone bringing a group of 10 or more rooms.  Our website is http://www.bwcasablanca.com  Our outage rates for a room with 2 queen beds are $1800.00/month.  Includes heated pool, great workout center, deluxe continental breakfast, and a 10 minute drive to SONGS (5miles). 

--- End quote ---

$1800/month, what a bargin. Actually about going rate for the area. Last fall we rented an off season vacation apartment (one b-room and about 550 sq ft) 3 or 4 blocks from the water. After looking at more properties then I care to remember it was our best deal in the area for a great price of almost $500/week. I stayed for 7 weeks and left with less money than when I got there...I swear it's true. It actually cost me money to work this plant, new one for me! It will never happen again!

Good luck to anyone going to this outage for 5 day work weeks and one of the lowest paying plants in the industry. You all deserve better!

Showme T. Money:
Possibly looking for a roommate for the upcoming outage, I have a spot reserved at the Travel Lodge and they have doubles available for 450 a week.  Just send me a message.
Thanks

pattip:
We have a condo in San Clemente for rent.  It is a 2 bed/2 bath condo with a great ocean view!  Very close to the pier. You can see the pier from the unit.The tenant in the lower unit is a San Onofre temp employee from Louisianna and he recommended I go on this web sit and post my lodging. It's a great unit! Very clean, comfortable and cozy. Please call and let us know if this might work for you.
Asking 2650.00 a month.....must see!
Alan (949) 795-5365
or pattip@cox.net

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version