Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu San Onofre (SONGS) Lodging
honeypot

Author Topic: San Onofre (SONGS) Lodging  (Read 13127 times)

deanferraro82

San Onofre (SONGS) Lodging
« on: Apr 15, 2008, 01:44 »
check craigslist.org or pennysaverusa.com in the san clemente area...
rent is the same in N.SD and San Clemente (San Clemente wins, closer to site, IMHO). Owning a home is marginally cheaper in N.SD, however if you factor in the commute from N.SD, San Clemente is a very close second...
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2008, 11:11 by Camella Black »

ericmoser

Re: San Onofre (SONGS) Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:56 »
The Best Western in San Clemente will offer deals for anyone who organizes a group to stay at our facility during a planned outage.  Not only can you sign up for the Gold Crown Club and recieve points good for free night stays, (AAA members get double points), but the manager (myself) gives 1/2 off lodging rates to anyone bringing a group of 10 or more rooms.  Our website is http://www.bwcasablanca.com  Our outage rates for a room with 2 queen beds are $1800.00/month.  Includes heated pool, great workout center, deluxe continental breakfast, and a 10 minute drive to SONGS (5miles). 

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2008, 09:04 »
The Best Western in San Clemente will offer deals for anyone who organizes a group to stay at our facility during a planned outage.  Not only can you sign up for the Gold Crown Club and recieve points good for free night stays, (AAA members get double points), but the manager (myself) gives 1/2 off lodging rates to anyone bringing a group of 10 or more rooms.  Our website is http://www.bwcasablanca.com  Our outage rates for a room with 2 queen beds are $1800.00/month.  Includes heated pool, great workout center, deluxe continental breakfast, and a 10 minute drive to SONGS (5miles). 

$1800/month, what a bargin. Actually about going rate for the area. Last fall we rented an off season vacation apartment (one b-room and about 550 sq ft) 3 or 4 blocks from the water. After looking at more properties then I care to remember it was our best deal in the area for a great price of almost $500/week. I stayed for 7 weeks and left with less money than when I got there...I swear it's true. It actually cost me money to work this plant, new one for me! It will never happen again!

Good luck to anyone going to this outage for 5 day work weeks and one of the lowest paying plants in the industry. You all deserve better!
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2008, 01:46 »
Possibly looking for a roommate for the upcoming outage, I have a spot reserved at the Travel Lodge and they have doubles available for 450 a week.  Just send me a message.
Thanks

pattip

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2008, 05:45 »
We have a condo in San Clemente for rent.  It is a 2 bed/2 bath condo with a great ocean view!  Very close to the pier. You can see the pier from the unit.The tenant in the lower unit is a San Onofre temp employee from Louisianna and he recommended I go on this web sit and post my lodging. It's a great unit! Very clean, comfortable and cozy. Please call and let us know if this might work for you.
Asking 2650.00 a month.....must see!
Alan (949) 795-5365
or pattip@cox.net

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2008, 12:50 »
$1800/month, what a bargin. Actually about going rate for the area. Last fall we rented an off season vacation apartment (one b-room and about 550 sq ft) 3 or 4 blocks from the water. After looking at more properties then I care to remember it was our best deal in the area for a great price of almost $500/week. I stayed for 7 weeks and left with less money than when I got there...I swear it's true. It actually cost me money to work this plant, new one for me! It will never happen again!

Good luck to anyone going to this outage for 5 day work weeks and one of the lowest paying plants in the industry. You all deserve better!

You probably stayed at the same place I used to rent.  The San Clemente Inn used to give that deal to outage workers.  Could have shared to cut costs, but that has its drawbacks.

Anyway, the outages used to always be off-season there.  So, people went to make a little - very little - money while enjoying the beautiful climate and laid-back atmosphere of SoCal in January.

No, not for the money!  That's for sure.  I'd never miss a real outage to work SONGS, but I'd love to go back for one of those January ones.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2008, 01:11 »
I was ther once working 40's as an Engineer.  Pay was okay but the cost of living was way to high.   Nice area but way to crowded.
LM

rochellesparling

« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2010, 05:26 »
I am a Real Estate agent Specializing in the San Clemente, Dana Point area.  If you are looking for a home to rent in the San Clemente, Dana Point area for 6 months or longer (specializing in family relocation).  I simply put you on MLS and start emailing you what is available, you let me know what you are interested in and then we go see it.  Please contact me at:

Rochelle Sparling
Keller William OC Coastal Realty
DRE#01239283
(949) 292-1100
rochellesparling@cox.net
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2010, 02:01 by rochellesparling »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2010, 05:30 »
I am a Real Estate agent Specializing in the San Clemente, Dana Point area. 

Are these short-term rentals? Most outages (well, we ARE talking SONGS here... ) don't last more than 3 months.

Offline MeterSwangin

• Moderate User
  • Somebody get decon!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2010, 12:58 »
Are these short-term rentals? Most outages (well, we ARE talking SONGS here... ) don't last more than 3 months.

Ignore the plant-bashing trollster.....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?