Career Path > Outages

Annoying contractors

(1/10) > >>

kp88:

--- Quote from: Hereinnc on Aug 12, 2008, 08:14 ---Don't suck up it doesn't pay in the end.  Do your job, do whats asked for, ask questions, but don't become annoying, following instructions from your supervision.  ALWAYS be on time for work, stay until the end of the day and the end of the outage, stay away from the bar scene, and watch your tone with everybody.  Act like a professional and don't be stupid.  Don't be afraid of any job that you are asked to do, but use common sense.

--- End quote ---

Excellent advice.  Does anyone have any advice on how to tell supplemental/contractor personnel that they're becoming annoying?

vikingfan:

--- Quote from: kp88 on Aug 12, 2008, 09:15 ---
Excellent advice.  Does anyone have any advice on how to tell supplemental/contractor personnel that they're becoming annoying?

--- End quote ---

and do you expect to complete your outage(s) in a timely manner without them ?

Motown homey:
Based on my experience, tell them the same thing I was told when I became annoying - DFR!  Believe it or not, there were times that I was so over whelmed by house tech dumbs--t that I couldn't help but whine about it.  The worst part of that is that I hate whiners - so I took the first lay-off and got myself out of the situation - and it never kept me from being asked back.

Smart People:

--- Quote from: DaveWarren on Aug 12, 2008, 10:52 ---Get used to it, Smart People.
When you are 4 cubicles away from me, I will rub off on you.
Either that or walk down there and beat your %^@#!$%!!!

--- End quote ---

Bring it on!!

RAD-GHOST:

--- Quote ---Excellent advice.  Does anyone have any advice on how to tell supplemental/contractor personnel that they're becoming annoying?
--- End quote ---

YEP,

Constantly remind them that your House and their not!

Inform them how smart you are because your a House Tech.

Ban them from area's of the plant because they're a Contractor.

Ask them to leave a meeting because they're a Contractor.

Ridicule them for their lack of Tribel Knowledge at your facility.
(Disk smears are taken with the right hand, LAS are with the left....Silly Contractor)

Inform them that there is only one way to complete a task, even though they've seen it successfully completed a dozen different ways!

Last, but not least, inform them that contractors cause all Industry Events, OE's!

Hope this helps....RG!    ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version