Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu John Daniel (JD)

Author Topic: John Daniel (JD)  (Read 21946 times)

dee davis

John Daniel (JD)
« on: Aug 18, 2008, 10:33 »
It is with sad regret that I have to post this message. JD passed away to day in Arkansas. He apparently had a brain anyerism on one side which caused a stroke on the other side of his brain, followed by a heart attack. He had be on life support since last Friday, an passed away some time today.

He was a great person and a wonderful friend. He will be missed by alot of friends

Dee Davis

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: John Daniel (JD)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2008, 05:35 »
I am very sorry to hear this, I was recently looking at some old Christmas party photos at the Fernald get together here in Oak Ridge, he was smiling and having a good time as usual for him. My prayers are with his family.

Offline dhk

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2008, 09:52 »
Worked with JD at Fernald for many years.  He was a great guy to work with.  We had many good conversations and many good times.  I am so surprised by this news.  He will be missed.  My prayers are with his family. 

Diana Harrison-Koller

klsas

« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2008, 11:22 »
I haven't had the privilege of working with JD in several years. At least I had the opportunity to talk to him several times. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time.

Keith Smith

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2008, 11:44 »
I worked with JD at ANO for several outages.   He was a great guy and good worker. His family is in out thoughts and prayers.  Can any one let me know where he is and what the arrangements are? 
Cathy

DDD

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2008, 11:57 »
I worked with John at Indian Point in 84, we lost anouther good one way to soon.
my prayers are with Johns family, may you RIP

RNN

« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2008, 11:59 »
I worked with JD for over 10 years at Fernald and I counted him as one of my close friends and this is very sad news. JD was one of the most standup guys I have ever met and I'll miss him alot.

Rest in peace my friend and my prayers go out to your family

RNN

Marvin

« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2008, 12:01 »
I was on the USS Yellowstone (AD-41) with John when we were both young and still wet behind the ears.  What a great guy.  I still remember him like it was yesterday.  Always had a smile on his face.  Sorry to hear that he is gone.  Rest in peace John and may God bless your family.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2011, 09:49 by Barbie »

Offline sdabler

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2008, 12:14 »
I worked with John at Fernald, he was a stand up guy and always was a nice guy to be around. He will be missed.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #9 on: Aug 20, 2008, 08:26 »
For those of you that worked at Fernald, was this the House Tech, JD that worked there?.....

dee davis

« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2008, 10:01 »
Yes Dave, JD was a house Tech for along time. He worked for Rus at IT the last few year that he was out there.

Dee

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2008, 11:17 »
This was a hard one to read...
JD and I were the best of friends at Fernald. Him and his side kick Ty.. Loved them both like they were my brothers. JD even came to visit me in MD a few times. He has always been it my thoughts over the years. RIP Darlin. Prayers to the family and Ty too. OXOX

ramdog_1

« Reply #12 on: Aug 20, 2008, 12:03 »
I had the pleasure to have worked with JD one outage years ago. I was going through a divorce  and one other co worker had been dating my ex. JD had told the  person not to say anything around me. To me that was a very stand up person trying to help me cope with my own problem . Thanks JD I hope you are looking down with that big smile of yours.

RNN

« Reply #13 on: Aug 20, 2008, 02:26 »
I just got this in a email

Saturday Aug. 23 10:00 Visitation 11:00 Funeral Service  Lurton Assembly of God Church, Lurton, Arkansas

Any who would like to attend, just google the location and
you ll get there.

His family would like donations for his boys college fundin lieu of flowers.

fabshop64

« Reply #14 on: Aug 21, 2008, 09:37 »
JD was a great man and a good friend. I remember taking him him at Peach Bottom( I think it was) he was part of the breakfast club and them we ran into each other at Fernald where we work projects together him and his side kick Tyrone.HE was one of our cooks at the silos project when it was just the VIT plant we had a great crew of guys out there we had lots of great times. John you will be missed.
Everyone raise a glass in his memory, cause we ain't getting any younger
Corey

Offline ergo sum

• Very Lite User
  • " I've got one more silver dollar..."
« Reply #15 on: Aug 21, 2008, 03:29 »
Worked a lot of shifts with JD from Quad Cities to Fernald. He really knew the deal, saw things clearly and was always helpful. There's one fewer man out there to trust. -Chuck Auth
"You may ask yourself, 'how do I work this?' " D. Byrne                                                         
  "In order to live outside the law you must be honest'" Bob Dylan

okiecity

« Reply #16 on: Aug 21, 2008, 05:37 »
This is very difficult.  JD was a good friend.  Knew him for 20 years and thought the world of him.  Very simple and intelligent person.  Why be serious when you can have fun.  He will be missed very much.  Good bye my friend.

Randy Goodwin

chilinpepper

« Reply #17 on: Aug 21, 2008, 06:37 »
What do you say!!  I can't believe JD is gone.  I have so many memories of him.  Our cross country trip from Peach Bottom to ANO, him teaching the bird to cuss and him showing me what a really good friend was.  So good that we named our daughter after him.  I will always remember his smile.  I love ya, JD.  Rest in peace.

Offline Ginger Bread Woman

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Aug 23, 2008, 09:31 »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( That Hurts in my Heart... Thanks for contacting me Jeannie Timmons. I am not in the nuke industry anymore, I think about back then alot. God abundantly blessed me when he let me cross paths with JD. I worked with JD for years at Fernald and before Fernald. He was a very awesome man and a good friend; he will be very, very missed!

My and my families deepest sorrows to his family "especially" Little Tommy (who is not so little anymore). May God Bless You Abundantly little dude. Your father let EVERYONE know how special you were and how much he loved u and still loves you.

Kathleen Wiggins

urtall1

« Reply #19 on: Aug 24, 2008, 07:52 »
I tell you what, this is starting to piss me off, all my good friends who are dying off so young.  I worked with JD for many years and his life and humor will live on in my life.  I hate that so many are dying so young.  I will pray for JD's family and children and hope that all his other friends can go on and live a long time.  Say hi to Thomas JD.  I wish I could have spent more time with you on this planet.  You were a good and faithful friend and will be missed more than you know.

Dale Weber

suziej1172

« Reply #20 on: Sep 02, 2008, 11:37 »
 :'(Hello to my brother's friend's this is also so very hard and after reading all these post's I realize that I'm not the only one that loved him and thought so much of him as well, my mother and I were just chatting about all this, as I read them to her and could not hold back the tear's but we want to Thank you all so much for loving him like he was your own as well. Tommy is doing ok considering and is back in California, he arrived back there on sunday following the service's he got home on sunday and Ilanit gave birth to his new baby sister on tues. Anyway my mother wanted me to put our email addresses on here and if you would like to send pics or comments that would be great, mom's is childofdust43@yahoo.com (mary) and mine is mrswutmud@yahoo.com (suzie). Your stories are awesome and very thoughtful and thanks again......................su zie

skipperkay

« Reply #21 on: Sep 03, 2008, 12:35 »
 I knew him as "Batman", JohnJohn, Johnny, John Boy, Johnny Boy,
John and now JD, but mostly I knew John as my beloved nephew/
kid brother and friend. All of the kind words from all of his friends do
my heart alot of good. I always knew John was a very special person
and also very smart! He was a very loyal friend and a wonderful son,
brother and most of all an excellent Dad to his son Tommy.
 Now he is reunited with our "first Tommy", Johns little brother who
passed away in 1974 at the age of 6 and John was 10 years old. I
know John missed his brother his entire life, especially when he
married Illanit and when his son was born. Now they have been
reunited and I expect they are creating joyous pandemonium all over
God's heaven :) The good Lord saw fit to give John a friend that
became as close as a brother in Tyrone. John left us when he was
young and doing so well and at his happiest . I am honored to have
shared a life with him. John you did good baby and left your mark
on all of us. I'm gonna miss your dimples! RIP I Love You Forever-Skipper Kay

Offline JerryTaylor

• Very Lite User
« Reply #22 on: Sep 04, 2008, 10:57 »
 :'( >:(So many emotions, its hard to believe JD is gone from this world. A better friend couldn't be found anywhere. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. I'll miss you JD, I'm raising a brew in your honor!
Gods Speed
Jerry Taylor

terricoola

« Reply #23 on: Sep 08, 2008, 12:39 »
 :'(  John (J.D.)  I don't know what to say except he was the love of my life and I will miss him always.  I met him when I was 17 and was reunited with him last November.  He was so good to me and my 2 girls.  This has to be the hardest thing that has ever happened to me.  Everything with us was going so wonderful.  Minutes before it happened we were lying in bed discussing how promissing our future together was going to be.  Life is just so uncertain.  John always said there is only 1 thing certain in life and that is that 1 day we are all going to die.  I always hated it when he'd say that, I guess because I never wanted to think it could happen to him.
Thank You to all John's friends for the stories.  It does my heart good to know i'm not the only one who will truly miss him.
Terri Fredenburg
terricoola@gmail.com

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #24 on: Sep 09, 2008, 01:15 »
For those of you that worked at Fernald, was this the House Tech, JD that worked there?.....

I do remember him now.
I just needed to visualize the face.
I didn't know him as well as I did Cecil, Foster, and Roseberry. From the way it sounds, I missed out on a good friend.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?