Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Too good to be true?

Author Topic: Too good to be true?  (Read 17322 times)

withroaj

Re: Too good to be true?
« Reply #25 on: Aug 16, 2008, 05:17 »
If NPTU is the shizzle, why was the Admiral 08 himself here today to have some words at the instructors? I spent all today cleaning anything mildly unsightly (after the previous all day field day yesterday) and ducking into corners anytime the radios of the MA's started to go nuts about his movements.

Easy there, buckeroo.  Don't pretend for a second that the NPTU instructors suck.  That job is HARD.  One day on your ship you will be qualified senior in rate and get a lowly little nub on board who just can't seem to grasp plant operation and maintenance.  This kid will be your sea pup, and it will become just as much YOUR responsibility to get the kid qualified as it is his/hers.  When said kid falls behind in quals, YOU are dinq, too.  You will have to stick around late to help the kid qualify, and you will still have your regular divisional workload.  Prototype instructors have to deal with that, but they have more students than instructors, and many students require more than a little TLC.  They also have the third and fourth oldest plants in the NNPP to keep running (the rumor is until 2028).  They have multiple Chains of Command (Ops/Training and Maintenance) that all have top-priority assignments for the crews.

As far as cleaning goes, you will clean as long as your shirt is blue (especially when Admirals visit).  Get used to it.  I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in P-type, but don't take it out on the people above you (unless, of course, they did something truly wrong).  I've also got some bad news for you.  The fleet is a LOT like prototype.  You get checkouts, stand U/I watches, and you clean.  You will also get introduced to a wonderful little thing called "collateral duties."  When you qualify fully you will give checkouts, stand watches and clean.  Remember, all you have to do to have a positive attitude about the program is to CHOOSE to have a positive attitude about the program.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #26 on: Aug 16, 2008, 05:25 »
The fleet is a LOT like prototype.  You get checkouts, stand U/I watches, and you clean.  You will also get introduced to a wonderful little thing called "collateral duties." 

And a special bonus of "Battle stations - missile" or "Fire Fire Fire, Class Bravo Fire" but were asleep through "this is a drill" part...

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #27 on: Aug 16, 2008, 10:43 »
I remember that visit...I was there as a student. 

That was after a bunch of enlisted students popped positive for drugs.

Break....

Jason K....What boat and crew were you on?

+K because you used the word "break."  ;D You watching generation kill or something? LOL

Justin

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #28 on: Aug 18, 2008, 10:02 »
An O8 Admiral tour at Proto is no big deal from one to another.

Bowman came to Charleston in 99-00 timeframe when I was a SPU to deliver a you f-in guys speech, training standards, blah, blah, blah.

Then we got a MUC for qualifying so many students in 00.

I was there for the Bowman visit in 99.  I was a student still.  Don't remember much about it other than it was a big event because he was there. 

I was also a Staff Member for the two Donald visits from 03-06.  Never saw the man, but I know we cleaned out keisters off and painted anything that wasn't mobile.  Supposedly he declared us the "premiere prototype with no close second" according to our PMC afterwards.  I wondered why he never addressed the staff guys in forum during his visits. 

The only person I ever addressed from NR was the Master Chief that accompanyied the admiral.  He asked me what I thought of the place.  I gave him the political answer that I was advised would be better than what I initially had in mind. 

"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?