Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Allen Fike  

Author Topic: Allen Fike  (Read 6887 times)

Derek Parker

Allen Fike
« on: Aug 24, 2008, 09:09 »
It brings me much sadness to inform everyone that Allen passed away on friday August 22 after a battle with cancer.We will miss him a lot.Allen could always bring a smile to everybody.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: Allen Fike
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2008, 11:50 »
My heart and prayers go out to Allen's family and friends over their loss.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2008, 09:56 »
Allen will be missed .  He was one of a kind. 

Does anyone know details on arrangements?
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

shovelheadred

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:03 »
...Allen Fike was unlike any renta-tech I ever met...he had a great sense of humor...he could get Poo-Poo Perue mad in a second.....last I worked with him was Farley in 89'..he did a table dance for us at the Wagon Wheel...I know a certain House tech at Farley that raises cows on the side, gonna miss Fike..Alan taught him all he knows....Grantime, you know who I am talking about.....Another Mississippi Mafia legend has crossed the Pascagula river and made it home...Rest-In-Peace Alan Fike, you will be remembered by many....red

Offline walstib

• Moderate User
  • I hate Monday's
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:31 »
Allen was a good man with a great sense of humor.  First worked with him in Taiwan, I remember how he tucked the basketball under his shirt to hide it from the Taiwanese and sneak up and get a basket. Just doesn't seem like all that long ago.  He will be missed.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail -Emerson
If you are going through hell, keep going
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - H S Thompson

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2008, 04:16 »
 :( I am sorry to hear about Allen's passing he was ONE of a kind and taught me alot and made me laugh alot too Worked  with him at the Entergy sites, especially remember him and our times with Paul too at Riverbend They were quite the team and had so may laughs work and off work.He will be missed by so many.Rest in peace my friend!! my prayers and thoughts are with his family during this time.
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2008, 04:42 by dinutt »

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2008, 11:01 »
Allen was the first Senior Tech that I worked with when I was a brand new Junior/COOP at Farley back in 1984. Yes, he had his own way of showing you how to do a survey or cover a job. He would show you ONCE and after that you were on your own. His way of thinking was that you had to get out there and do something to actually learn how to do it. If you ask him to show you again, he would look at you and say, hey buuud, didn't I already show you how to do that?  It was always loads of fun to work with Allen over the years.

RIP until we meet again,
MP

Offline RJJM

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2008, 08:12 »
For many, many years we've known Allen Fike and it was with a sad heart that we read about his death.  We worked outages together from Hatch in the early '80's to Farley in 2000/2001 (?).  Jay, Allen and I would sit out by his travel trailer at Nall's Trailer Park after work and reminiscence about the "good ole" rent-a-tech days and the folks we all knew...Bill Mahoney, Moongate, Doug Cohen, and so many others through the years.  He would tell stories, laugh and reach for another "cold one".  Allen was one of those rare Southern Gentlemen that we seem to be lacking in nowadays. 

To his family we send our most heartfelt sympathies and we want all of them to know that as long as we are around so will be Allen.

If anyone knows of an address for his family, please let know.

Rhonda Jordan/Jay Mills

ageoldtech

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2008, 06:39 »
Allen was a great guy, he once lost a $10 bet with me and tried to pay me in food stamps, what a card. I worked with Allen at Waterford a few times and they were great times indeed.
I will miss his since of humor and out going personality. Rest in peace Allen.
Hambone

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?