Career Path > Outages

outage work hours

(1/2) > >>

wlrun3@aol.com:

...10 CFR 26 … (easily Googled) …Fitness for Duty…

This CFR happened in 1986 and is the basis for the countries drug testing policies…

…it also spells out work hour limits in the context of fitness for duty…

…excerpt…

(1) Except as permitted in § 26.207, licensees shall ensure that any individual's work hours do not exceed the following limits:

(i) 16 work hours in any 24-hour period;

(ii) 26 work hours in any 48-hour period; and

(iii) 72 work hours in any 7-day period.

starving_dog:
Revision to the work hours is coming out and will be effective April 1, 2009.

wlrun3@aol.com:

--- Quote from: starving_dog on Sep 02, 2008, 05:25 ---Revision to the work hours is coming out and will be effective April 1, 2009.

--- End quote ---

..."As of the end of July, Exelon has determined that the Peach Bottom RP department will be allowed to work a 7 days/12 hrs/day work week. The relaxed restrictions will be on an as needed basis, depending the on stations needs."...

...will future outages, on an ongoing basis, be handled in this way...

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: wlrun3 on Sep 02, 2008, 12:29 ---

(iii) 72 work hours in any 7-day period.

--- End quote ---

isn't dis four operational times?  i thought outages were different, as in whatever the traffic will bare.  i usta see da refuel crews, s/g crews, 'n udder teams dat were in high demand work da hours they deemed necessary, regardless of house rules in da 80s 'n 90s.

Nuclear NASCAR:
I believe that outage work hour restrictions will still be 72 hours in a 7 day period.  I'll have to look at my notes (at work) on what the new restrictions will be.  We've been told that they go into effect October 1, 2009 but that since it backs up 6 weeks we'll have to be complying in mid-August next year.  I believe the October 1 date is 18 months from the date they were released.  I'll post more tomorrow after I find my notes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version