Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tom Lookabill

Author Topic: Tom Lookabill  (Read 5694 times)

Offline steve6542

• Very Lite User
Tom Lookabill
« on: Sep 09, 2008, 08:10 »
Tom passed away last night.  Some will know him from his great accident recovery work at TMI-2 in the 80's.  Many know him for the last 20 years he dedicated to the Savannah River Site.  From the words of his family: "He was an incredible husband, a fantastic father, an awesome son, and a wonderful friend. He was also a grandfather, an uncle, an exceptional engineer, a lover of classic cars and little zoom-zoom sportscars, an outstanding fisherman, and an outdoorsman. He was really at home with a fishing pole, or a crab net, in the mountains, or especially on the shore of his childhood. He always took care of our family, and we are indebted to him for all of the wonderful things that he taught us and the fabulous traits left within all of us."  I know I will miss him dearly.  Steve Eichfeld

B.PRESGROVE

Re: Tom Lookabill
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2008, 12:36 »
My family prayers are with his family.  My father and he worked together at TMI and remember going out on his boat as a kid on lake erie.  I met him when I worked at SRS.  He was a great fella and will be missed.

sarahlookabill

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2008, 01:04 »
My name is Sarah Lookabill. I am Tom's daughter. I ran across this site while looking for my dad's obituary. I was struck when I found his name on this site. We have been so overwhelmed by the amount of professional and personal compliments received by so many who knew him during 30 years of nuclear work. I am touched that Steve Eichfeld was thoughtful enough to post this information on this site. I have heard from many that are just shocked and heartbroken to find this out. Partly because those who knew him know him as a strong and even-tempered person who conquered many things.

Brock-my mother remembers you well and my whole family thanks you for your support.
Steve-you know you were special to my dad and us all. Thanks for doing this.

Anyone interested in finding out more can go to this site-www.carepages.com/carepages/gotomlookabillgo

Thanks for your prayers. God bless.

Offline steve6542

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2009, 03:15 »
It has been one year since Tom was taken from us.  I am still thinking of him and missing him.  Steve  :(

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?