Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Dress Code

Author Topic: Dress Code  (Read 55480 times)

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
Dress Code
« on: Aug 29, 2008, 11:06 »
Was on the Bartlett web site last night and saw the job site postings info they have online now. It's nice to have this at your finger tips and not have to wonder if your info got lost in the mail. A couple of things occurred to me as I looked at the various sites info.

The first was that by what is posted, you can determine what the site may concider important; some of the sites had a list of the area churches, but next to no campground listed. 

The second thought was that I am glad that they tell the dress requirements at the plant, some of the sites seemed to come across with quite an attitude. Only collared shirts allowed or a NO SCRUBS policy.

In some cases by going to this area of the Bartlett website you might change your mind as to which outages to submit for.

Just a thought.........

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Dress Code
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2008, 07:43 »
Only collared shirts allowed or a NO SCRUBS policy.

sounds like a good playce two me.  eye don't like scrubs aught side of wear there needed.  bee itt controlled area or operating room.  enny ware else is sloppy practiss.
imho.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Dress Code
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2008, 08:44 »
i like to wear scrubs..or at least change to scrubs as soon as i get in the plant...this way when i have a job to go handle..im not holding anyone else up by waiting for me to change out. Also mgt. at several plants ive been to wants you in your scrubs ASAP for the same reasons.

Time efficiency

Now keep in mind this doesnt mean rolling into the plant in scrubs so wrinkled and dirty they could stand up by themselves in a corner lolol ..ive seen this too.  ::)

Kath :)
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

justatech

Dress Code
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2008, 05:50 »
sounds like a good playce two me.  eye don't like scrubs aught side of wear there needed.  bee itt controlled area or operating room.  enny ware else is sloppy practiss.
imho.

I agree SloGlo. I have worked many sites that you had to wear a collared shirt through the gate verses scrubs. Although I did like the sites that allowed scrubs in the gate, I found that most (all crafts) wore the nastiest scrubs - or just dirty clothes in general - not to mention the "sleaze" effect of some dress styles which is inappropriate at any place of employment.

Bartlett should implement a dress policy - I'm sure someone will state they have one - then my answer is the site coordinator should enforce it.

While we are on the subject what is it with the earrings hanging off every piece of skin - this applies to men and women.................it's a job - not a rock concert..........I understand stud earrings for the ears - but not up both sides of the ear - in the nose - tongue - eyebrows...........ever hear of FME..........or the 4 inch claws - how can you do your job? One of my pet peeves - long hair..............mostly men........ who don't wash it for 3 or 4 days - not only is it obviously dirty but have you smelled the rank that hair collects after you're in and out of the can for a few days. Take some hints from the ladies..... or cut it off.

Why wear sandals to work ..........most sites have implemented the policy that when you are training in a lab (even at the training building - not in the plant) you must dress as you would in the plant i.e. PPE - all of it - or you're not allowed in the room for sign offs until you are dressed correctly. INPO has suggested this to several sites this past year and they are following through with it.

In my opinion that is where Bartlett fails themselves and the sites - first impressions do make a difference. Granted once you get past this....they might be a good tech........but why build a negative impression prior to getting in the gate?
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2008, 06:12 by justatech »

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
Dress Code
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2008, 06:44 »

One of my pet peeves - long hair..............mostly men........ who don't wash it for 3 or 4 days - not only is it obviously dirty but have you smelled the rank that hair collects after you're in and out of the can for a few days. Take some hints from the ladies..... or cut it off.

This makes me laugh a little. I am convinced that the nuclear industry single handedly keeps the mullet alive! All business in the front...and a PARTY in the back! I also get a kick out of the bald on top, pony tail in the back look...I mean, just give up man. It's ok to be balding, it's a man thing, let go of the past.

I agree that we as a "professional" group should look the part. I don't think however, scrubs are unprofessional if they are clean when you show up to work. They are our uniform after all. During training week when first impressions are made, wear decent, normal clothes. Not scrubs, old outage tee-shirts that say "playin' hide and seek for a grand a week" (you older kids remember that one) or other tasteless tee-shirts. When the outage starts, wear decent, clean scrubs or clean normal clothes to work.

I wore a suit and tie to work every day for years. I didn't always need to, but when I did, it put me in a professional light with my clients and me in a professional state of mind. It also said to my clients that I took them and my business seriously.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
Dress Code
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2008, 02:10 »
You get what your pay for, it works for companies also.
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2008, 04:01 by biloxoi blues »

shovelheadred

Dress Code
« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2008, 05:50 »
This makes me laugh a little. I am convinced that the nuclear industry single handedly keeps the mullet alive! All business in the front...and a PARTY in the back! I also get a kick out of the bald on top, pony tail in the back look...I mean, just give up man. It's ok to be balding, it's a man thing, let go of the past.

I agree that we as a "professional" group should look the part. I don't think however, scrubs are unprofessional if they are clean when you show up to work. They are our uniform after all. During training week when first impressions are made, wear decent, normal clothes. Not scrubs, old outage tee-shirts that say "playin' hide and seek for a grand a week" (you older kids remember that one) or other tasteless tee-shirts. When the outage starts, wear decent, clean scrubs or clean normal clothes to work.

I wore a suit and tie to work every day for years. I didn't always need to, but when I did, it put me in a professional light with my clients and me in a professional state of mind. It also said to my clients that I took them and my business seriously.

...My hair is still long..no mullett..my beard to my chest...mostly white...two arms full of tattoos, all with a meaning...ride a custom old school, ridgid frame chopper that was built in the house during my down time...I wear H-D tshirts that cost more than your scrubs..not all Nukeworkers work in containment, Bro, ever worked on the turbine deck?...ever heard the term "turbine oil"......

..I have a story about wearing a suit to a Nuke job,,a previous manager with IRM, I won't say his name but he is from Morganton,NC, on his first job at St Lucie wore a suit...as a deconner..working with Rapid Ray and Slo Joe..I will let Rapid tell you what he told him about deconning in a suit....

...Beercourt, thanks for the new job arena you helped me become a part of...sounds like this "new breed of RP's" are to yuppy for an old Biker like me...red

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
Dress Code
« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2008, 02:40 »
Okay, if the dress code issue is on the table.
It has been my feeling, that when the utility treats us as professionals and the company we work for treats and pays us as professionals, I will gladly dress as one. However in 30 years that has happened at VERY few sites. As HPs we have become viewed as biological speed bumps, that will be scraped off the roadway and sent down the road as soon as possible.

Anyone else ever have the same feeling?

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
Dress Code
« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2008, 03:25 »

...My hair is still long..no mullett..my beard to my chest...mostly white...two arms full of tattoos, all with a meaning...ride a custom old school, ridgid frame chopper that was built in the house during my down time...I wear H-D tshirts that cost more than your scrubs..not all Nukeworkers work in containment, Bro, ever worked on the turbine deck?...ever heard the term "turbine oil"......

Didn't mean to touch a nerve. I have nothing against tattoos (got a few my self), long hair (if cleaned and groomed like the post said that I was reffering to), or Harley's (don't remember mentioning that, and I happen to be friends with Scott Parker). Be an individual, that's fine. The point I was making is that we are representing our company at each facility we work as contractors. So many complain about being treated as professionals but at many outages when we show up it looks like the circus just hit town.

I have worked the turbin deck a time or two. I was making a general statement about looking presentable when going to work. And mostly making the point about training week attire vs attire after the outage starts. You don't have to agree, but I'm sure you at least see my point.

Oh ya, if I were going to bath in turbin oil, I don't think I would wear those expensive Harley tee-shirts...scrubs are cheaper as you mentioned.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Dress Code
« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2008, 06:24 »
Perhaps Bartlett should implement the "Numanco Dress Code of Yesteryear" ;) Anybody out there remember having to pay for those pale blue shirts to wear to work?  ::)

Chimera

Dress Code
« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2008, 03:32 »
Okay, if the dress code issue is on the table.
It has been my feeling, that when the utility treats us as professionals and the company we work for treats and pays us as professionals, I will gladly dress as one. However in 30 years that has happened at VERY few sites. As HPs we have become viewed as biological speed bumps, that will be scraped off the roadway and sent down the road as soon as possible.

Anyone else ever have the same feeling?

I have noted over the past 30+ years that you get treated the way you act.  Speaking entirely for myself, I show up to work in clean clothes, reasonably well groomed, and I make sure I have all my necessary PPE with me.  I'm aware that the utility I'm working at isn't going to change one thing just because I walked through the door.  My job is to work to the best of my abilities within the constraints of that plant's procedures and requirements.  I try not to swear, I pick up after myself, and I flush the toilet and wash my hands when I'm done.  If I act professional on the job, I've noted that I get treated that way.  That also pretty much ensures that I will get asked back to plants that I consider desirable.  Anyone can sit around and complain.  That's not what Bartlett or the utility is paying me to do.  If I don't like the payscale, I don't accept the job.  I'll leave the attitudes to the house techs (speaking as an ex-housetech).  I'll take my pay and move on after the job is done and try to leave a good impression of both myself and Bartlett behind.

I remember when Charlie sold Numanco to Westinghouse and they thought they wanted us to wear those lovely shirts.  I held out for the one with Howdy Doody embroidered on the back (laughing).

justatech

Dress Code
« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2008, 05:28 »
I have noted over the past 30+ years that you get treated the way you act.  Speaking entirely for myself, I show up to work in clean clothes, reasonably well groomed, and I make sure I have all my necessary PPE with me.  I'm aware that the utility I'm working at isn't going to change one thing just because I walked through the door.  My job is to work to the best of my abilities within the constraints of that plant's procedures and requirements.  I try not to swear, I pick up after myself, and I flush the toilet and wash my hands when I'm done.  If I act professional on the job, I've noted that I get treated that way.  That also pretty much ensures that I will get asked back to plants that I consider desirable.  Anyone can sit around and complain.  That's not what Bartlett or the utility is paying me to do.  If I don't like the payscale, I don't accept the job.  I'll leave the attitudes to the house techs (speaking as an ex-housetech).  I'll take my pay and move on after the job is done and try to leave a good impression of both myself and Bartlett behind.

Karma to you. Pretty much what I thought when I was on the road and I was treated very well by all the utilities - there isn't one that I wouldn't go back to - maybe think twice on one or two  ;D.
It's all in being professional (which does include appearance) having the right attitude and doing a good job.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Dress Code
« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2008, 10:12 »
..I have a story about wearing a suit to a Nuke job,,a previous manager with IRM, I won't say his name but he is from Morganton,NC, on his first job at St Lucie wore a suit...as a deconner..working with Rapid Ray and Slo Joe..I will let Rapid tell you what he told him about deconning in a suit....

@ da peech in (eye tink) '79 nick "da narc" showd up inna suit.  he wan't no narc, but da name stuck.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Dress Code
« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2008, 10:16 »

Why wear sandals to work ..........

derr wuz dat sr hp watt came inta oconee at won of da otages in '79 waring flip flops, tank top, 'n shorts.  his argewment goan out da dore wit security wuz da iffen he hadda go do a job, he'd hafta ware anti seas enny weigh.  btw, dis wuz bee fore steal tows where manditorry.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Dress Code
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2008, 10:22 »
i like to wear scrubs..or at least change to scrubs as soon as i get in the plant...

inna da plant iz oh kay.  inna hospital iz oh kay.  aye jist don't wanna sea dem ona street.  eye don't care watt job ya due, iffen ya ware scrubs four it, eye yam figgering ya still gots sum on ya whan aye sea ya.
same ting wit lab cotes.
aye'd radder half a guy wit a minors hat on nex too me atta grow sirree store chickout.  leest aye no dat da dirt on it is reel natural dirt dat eye kin c 'n warsh off iffen aye gits sum on me.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2008, 10:22 by SloGlo »

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
Dress Code
« Reply #15 on: Sep 08, 2008, 03:59 »
inna da plant iz oh kay.  inna hospital iz oh kay.  aye jist don't wanna sea dem ona street.  eye don't care watt job ya due, iffen ya ware scrubs four it, eye yam figgering ya still gots sum on ya whan aye sea ya.

ok ..i will buy that and relate a funny story..once at a plant that shall remain unnamed lolol i wore blue jeans in to work..i was a deconner and the job for the day was to handle the incoming laundry and put at dress out stations etc..well of course i said great !! i can wear my jeans and scrub top ! Well ..the disposable yellow shoe covers...ermm covered me head to toe with yellow dust..after unloading an entire truck load of them..and of courseeeeeeeeee i had rode into work with my trusty fellow friends vikingfan and a few others...i looked like big bird when i hit the parking lot..andddddddd it was stop at the grocery store like that ..or starve..needless to say ..i went in the store and endured all the big bird jokes lol..ahhhh ..the good old days ..so i totally understand what you are saying..lesson here is i guess..if your friends love u as big bird they are truly friends lol

vikingfan

Dress Code
« Reply #16 on: Sep 08, 2008, 05:20 »
..if your friends love u as big bird they are truly friends lol

you remember well grasshopper ! even though i never said i liked you as big bird !!! :) :)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Dress Code
« Reply #17 on: Sep 08, 2008, 09:42 »
ok ..i will buy that and relate a funny story..

once eye wuz inna deli near a university hospital 'n da place got overrun wit lab coats, scrubs, 'n all kinda udder ware.  i wuz muttering about my pet peeve whil standing in line 'n a guy wit lab coat, stethescope, 'n name tag turned around 'n started on my poor self, explayning how assa medical doktor he wuz on a tite schedule, 'n besides alla dis stuff wuz cleen, 'n yadda, yadda, yadda.  sew i axed him iffen he'd mind iffen aye war my professunnal attire in two wear he wuz going to dine.  he wanted two no watt i did four a living, 'n i toll him i wuz h.p. at an atomic cleanup, jist around da corner.  he got wide ayed, turnt around 'n shut up!  maid my day!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Dress Code
« Reply #18 on: Sep 09, 2008, 02:02 »

...Beercourt, thanks for the new job arena you helped me become a part of...sounds like this "new breed of RP's" are to yuppy for an old Biker like me...red

Now, Shovel Head and I go back a long way. We can stand next to each other in the mall and you would think he does my landscaping for minimum wage. When we get to the worksite, there isn't a single difference between us. We can both do a job for BeerCourt and both do it well. But notice a few things:

I would never think of having hair over my ears.
A beard is totally out of the question.
I have 1 tattoo, that is covered by a polo shirt and says "U.S.M.C."
Wouldn't ride a Harley or any other motorcycle.
I wear Dockers and silk Calvin Klein shirts.
My hair is frosted.

The bottom line is this:

I haven't seen many Rad Engineers / ALARA types that look like Bud.
I haven't seen too many field oversight types that look like me.
You will eventually get segregated into a certain type of job by the way you look. Perception does the hiring whether people realize it or not.

Clean cut = Office or desk job
Long Hair = Field job

Love ya, Bud. Miss ya Dawg. Stay safe.

shovelheadred

Dress Code
« Reply #19 on: Sep 10, 2008, 12:00 »
...Dave, We go back along way...and you know I take critisism everyday....but yours was done in such a way, that I took it as constructive critisism....thanks....you should see the looks I get when I go to a religious meeting...

I still wear long hair, a beard and tattos(which you know are not offensive) one is a cross made with spikes....because first impressions aren't always correct....I have had many people tell me, from your looks, I would have figured you for a "landscaper"..hahhahaa,,but after talking with you, you do have a clue about many things...and religion is the main topic..

You know my background, my certs, my work ethics...and the "old Bud".....I ain't what I once was...

You still my "DAWG"...barney Dawg...Semper Fi, bro...I know what that U.S.M.C tattoo means, what it took to deserve the right to wear it...there are no ex-Marines..that tattoo is forever....

I may have went off a little on this topic, as it is about "Bartlett",,and I have only worked for Bruce once,,and had a great job....

Red

Valkrider

Re: Dress Code
« Reply #20 on: Sep 10, 2008, 12:52 »

The look you're describing is affectionately referred to as a "skullet".  Seems to fit.

I agree, let it go and go gracefully.....

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #21 on: Sep 10, 2008, 03:25 »
I've got the long hair and the goatee. I've had the hair for about twelve years now. I always do a professional job and have a great time wherever i am.

Now I'm in the ALARA Eng. position and the hair is starting to bug me. I may be growing out of my long hair phase.

As scary as it sounds to me, the final donation to "Locks of Love" may be comming soon.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #22 on: Sep 10, 2008, 04:42 »
Besides, people keep confusing me with Captain Nemo, and I know he hates that!

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #23 on: Sep 10, 2008, 05:15 »
Winds of change Smart. I too wore the trusty topknot for many a year as a field tech ... DOE, running around in the woods and sweating like a pig. It's like anything else in our lives ... It changes with time. I don't presume to speak for anyone else of course. Everyone is in a different place in their respective lives at any given time. But for me, I keep my hair business length. I dress in a manner appropriate to the position I hold and the work I am doing that particular day. When I am office bound, I wear something along the lines of a nice pair of Italian dress slacks, a button-down oxford shirt, an Eddie Bauer sleeveless sweater, matching belt and wing-tips. On days when I am going to be briefing craft in a large group for an evolution in the can, I go a bit more casual. If I am going to be running around the aux. building covering a job, I may opt for jeans and a Hawaiian shirt with steel-toed sneakers. In the can, dress is the usual Barney suit.

The key word here is "appropriate". I believe ... and this is just me talkin' ... that if you dress in a fashion appropriate for the position you hold or the evolution you are performing you are more likely to be taken seriously. But bear in mind an old adage I've heard and taken to heart: A man (or woman) should always dress for the job he/she WANTS. So ... depending on what your ambition may be, your appearance can be a big help or a big stumbling block. Also consider this: The people we provide protection for in the field put a lot of stock in the things we say ... the information we provide. Getting that information from someone who looks at least somewhat professional lends confidence to those receiving said information. Whether we like it or not, we are looked to as the resident wisdom mongers when we're walking around in the can or wherever it may be. Looking the part can't be a bad thing.

Just my humble two cents worth.

Floyd Flanigan

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #24 on: Sep 10, 2008, 05:32 »
thanks Floyd +K

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
« Reply #25 on: Sep 10, 2008, 11:00 »
Okay, we are going over the edge here on professional dress code.  In all my years in job coverage, briefings, meeting with plant management and even the NRC, the dress for success issue did not matter. What did  matter and still does is the knowledge and experience of the person.    I would much rather work with an experienced person in a t-shirt than work with a fool in a coat and tie.

shovelheadred

« Reply #26 on: Sep 11, 2008, 07:23 »
....Finally, somebody explained the topic in a way everybody can relate...thanks, Old HP.....Red

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Sep 11, 2008, 02:20 »
Okay, we are going over the edge here on professional dress code.  In all my years in job coverage, briefings, meeting with plant management and even the NRC, the dress for success issue did not matter. What did  matter and still does is the knowledge and experience of the person.    I would much rather work with an experienced person in a t-shirt than work with a fool in a coat and tie.

Did it matter? I also remember a time when we, as a HP department, had some stroke and were taken seriously on the job. I think we are still taken seriously but it has diminished quite a bit. Is this because of so many that just don't show up looking professional? Because we as a group, generally speaking, are some of the most vocally opinionated on site? Because we as a group (generally speaking again, doesn't apply to all but I think you'll agree there are many out there) are the ones that want to have "the power" that we have and do not do a professional job in applying it. In other words, "your going to do it my way and I don't care what you think, I'm in charge here!".

I think it is a bit of each. I think that our appearance and the way we interact with others on site has a huge impact on whether or not we are taken seriously as professionals and in turn represents Bartlett or who ever else you are working for in a negative or positive light.

I need no convincing that appearance equals quality of work. But when we show up on site and the CLIENT has not met you before, He or She deserves some reassurance that they were staffed with a professional group. Bartlett also deserves this courtesy as our employer. How do we give them this assurance? Look and act professional, the work will still speak for it self but why not get off on the right foot in the beginning and not have to convince the client that you are more serious about your job than you appear?

While some may think that this dress code thing is a bit over the edge, I maintain that it is more important than most think. Look and act like a pro and you will silently demand that you are treated like one.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
« Reply #28 on: Sep 11, 2008, 03:02 »
Brett,
You are missing the point.  You can fool some people with the way you dress but you cannot fool anyone if you don"t know how to perform the job you were hired to do.
By the way, I don't show up at work with holes in my clothing and flip flops. I still try to take pride in doing a good job. I have worked at more than 35 sites and have done 10+ outages at numerous plants, but if I can get paid better and can get better treatment from my employer and the plant management, I would wear a tie while covering CRD pulls.
I would have to draw the line there because I refuse to wear a tie with SCBA.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Sep 11, 2008, 04:42 »
Brett,
You are missing the point.  You can fool some people with the way you dress but you cannot fool anyone if you don"t know how to perform the job you were hired to do.
By the way, I don't show up at work with holes in my clothing and flip flops. I still try to take pride in doing a good job. I have worked at more than 35 sites and have done 10+ outages at numerous plants, but if I can get paid better and can get better treatment from my employer and the plant management, I would wear a tie while covering CRD pulls.
I would have to draw the line there because I refuse to wear a tie with SCBA.

I don't want anyone to think I am shooting at them. I don't wear a tie to work or anything close to it. I personally don't judge anyone on appearance (or at least I try not to).

I am not trying to make the point that presenting yourself in a professional manor when you go to work will convince the client that you know your job. I am suggesting that if you go to work looking professional, it will tell the client that we are a group that cares enough to make the extra effort to look professional and we expect to be treated as such. When the outage starts, our work will speak for it self.
The bad are bad and the good are good no matter the clothes they wear. I am making the argument for the sales pitch, and that is what it is basically. We are selling the idea that we are a serious group and to be taken seriously. The first impression is very important and will have an effect on client confidence. If you have been to the plant 10+ times and they all know you are a good employee...then you could wear flip flops to work, they already know you (I still don't think that would be the right way of going about things but what ever).

In another industry I built and maintained relationships with business managers and executives. I believed these opinions to be true before I had the job, but it was tested true every day when I worked there. Your appearance matters in the eyes of the client. How you are treated is a reflection of how you look in the beginning of any relationship (business and personal by the way).

I agree with your points about fooling people and the work speaking for it self. I am just stating the facts about human behaviour. Your book will be judged by the cover initially like it or not. If your appearance looks professional you won't have to deal with any preconceived notions by the client that your work may be as unprofessional as your appearance.
I am just talking about setting yourself and your company up for success from the start.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2008, 04:46 by Brett LaVigne »
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

justatech

« Reply #30 on: Sep 11, 2008, 05:52 »
While some may think that this dress code thing is a bit over the edge, I maintain that it is more important than most think. Look and act like a pro and you will silently demand that you are treated like one.

Agree. I met a tech a few years ago that started with Rad Services out of Apollo Pa - needless to say he has been in the business for many many years.

He always showed up for work dressed in clean jeans, clean shirt - looked like he just got out of the shower.......... every morning he would report to the control point and listen to everything going on around him. Craft coming in for briefs - at the same control point some techs were always carrying on about the night before - some looked like they had a bad night and just crawled out of bed etc............he'd stand there quietly listening as the house tech briefed the guys......... sometimes he would go out with the crews .......... sometimes not......... when the craft had a question he would answer them in his respectful, professional manner.... After a week or so I did notice it didn't matter if another tech was going out with the crew or not - they would always look over at this tech for confirmation of what they were being told. This tech received respect from the house guys and the craft for his knowledge and his professional attitude. I'm not saying the other techs weren't as intelligent as this tech - I'm saying he put his best forward and it spoke volumes about this tech. 

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #31 on: Sep 11, 2008, 11:03 »
I don't want anyone to think I am shooting at them. I don't wear a tie to work or anything close to it. I personally don't judge anyone on appearance (or at least I try not to).

enny buddy else member when ties where worn at da beav on fridays, pay dey four g.t.s teks?

shovelheadred

« Reply #32 on: Sep 12, 2008, 08:10 »
...not getting off the serious side here...but I remember a tech at Farley in the 80's that wore a different baseball uniform to work everyday...not just a shirt, and scrub pants...I mean the whole suit(Hat, pants. socks)..like he was gonna be pitching for the Yankees at breaktime....he didn't last long...he threw the RPM a curve ball in containment...

..getting back in line here...Looks, looks are decieving.....but Knowledge, Tact, and Respect...go along way, regarding being asked to return next outage...or disrespected in a breakroom discussion...

Alot of talk here about hair, scrubs,,,,whatever...I haven't seen anything about tight jeans and low cut scrubs and somebody's girlfriend, or a waitress or a dancer being supervisor with little or no knowledge of RP...does this not happen anymore?..It was common in the 80's and 90's...but this is a new millinium and I am out of that arena....just a curve ball from a baseball fan....red

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #33 on: Sep 12, 2008, 10:54 »
...not getting off the serious side here...but I remember a tech at Farley in the 80's that wore a different baseball uniform to work everyday...not just a shirt, and scrub pants...I mean the whole suit(Hat, pants. socks)..like he was gonna be pitching for the Yankees at breaktime....he didn't last long...he threw the RPM a curve ball in containment...

ba da boom.... ;)

Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
« Reply #34 on: Sep 12, 2008, 11:49 »
I think we need to look the look and walk the walk at all times.  I came back after being out for 18 years and I was shocked to see some of the techs coming to training looking like they lived in their cars.  Not shaved or even clean clothes.  That makes a bad first impression to say the least...smelling bad too.   They looked like boilermakers!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #35 on: Sep 12, 2008, 12:31 »
I think we need to look the look and walk the walk at all times.  I came back after being out for 18 years and I was shocked to see some of the techs coming to training looking like they lived in their cars.  Not shaved or even clean clothes.  That makes a bad first impression to say the least...smelling bad too.   They looked like boilermakers!

Two things.  1. Leave Getts out of this.  2.  What do you have against boilermakers?

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
« Reply #36 on: Sep 12, 2008, 01:21 »
Two things: 1. Who is Getts?? 
                 2. And I have nothing against boilermakers but you can see  them a mile away.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #37 on: Sep 12, 2008, 01:27 »
He meant Getz, and if you don't know him you won't know what he is talking about....:)

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #38 on: Sep 12, 2008, 01:46 »
Poor Mike...I don't know why he needs to be dragged into this...wait, yes I do. Anyway, he's not here to defend himself so I will say this.

Mr. Getz made for interesting conversation and I actually enjoyed spending time with him at work. I will also say that I remember him wearing his Bartlett button down, short sleave shirt to work every day at DC Cook back in...92 or 93, don't remember exactally. Dead of winter on Lake Michigan and just a short sleave Bartlett shirt...no coat!

Anyway, I wanted to say that Mike upheld the dress code for the site. Lived in the car but wore the shirt. ;D
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #39 on: Sep 12, 2008, 01:53 »
I haven't seen anything about tight jeans ...does this not happen anymore?..It was common in the 80's and 90's...but this is a new millinium and I am out of that arena........red

me two, red. aye ain't woar know tite jeans since da turn of da century.   ;)

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
« Reply #40 on: Sep 12, 2008, 02:27 »
I think I remember him eating chicken bones at Kewaunee in the 80's..got ya..

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #41 on: Sep 12, 2008, 02:57 »
I keep my hair business length. I dress in a manner appropriate to the position I hold and the work I am doing that particular day. When I am office bound, I wear something along the lines of a nice pair of Italian dress slacks, a button-down oxford shirt, an Eddie Bauer sleeveless sweater, matching belt and wing-tips. On days when I am going to be briefing craft in a large group for an evolution in the can, I go a bit more casual. If I am going to be running around the aux. building covering a job, I may opt for jeans and a Hawaiian shirt with steel-toed sneakers. In the can, dress is the usual Barney suit.

hairdude!!!  yinz gotta git two gather with rennhack 'n start a sartorial page!  a "nukeworker gee cue"  iffen ya kneads a name!  a digital cammera, yer day lee dress.... 'n mikey kin sell extra advertizing spots fer brandini, dockers, tommy, perry ellis............. thinka da notoriety!  da phame!  da monee!

shovelheadred

« Reply #42 on: Sep 12, 2008, 05:18 »
...I think his name was Goetz...spoke fluent German...heavily invested in stock market...and though he had weird ways, is quite intelligent...
..I remember catching him sleeping at Surry near the RHR area...on nightshift,,"he told me he wasn't sleeping, he was conserving body energy to prevent a heat stress condition"...now how could you reprimand a man, with a reply like that...Goetz was in a class of his own.....red

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #43 on: Sep 13, 2008, 12:10 »
Thanks Slo ... Nuke Gee Qioux ... Hmmmm ... We could have roving field reporters and photographers cover special events like "Wide Tie Wednesday" and "The Ugliest Jams Competition" ... I feel a magazine idea developing ... ;)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #44 on: Sep 13, 2008, 02:04 »
Thanks Slo ... Nuke Gee Qioux ... Hmmmm ... We could have roving field reporters and photographers cover special events like "Wide Tie Wednesday" and "The Ugliest Jams Competition" ... I feel a magazine idea developing ... ;)

due knot four git bout deziner scrubs, coordinating face shields, mirror tear aways for face pumps, 'n booties four boogying when yinz ar setting cry teria four best drest in da can!

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #45 on: Sep 14, 2008, 09:34 »
Thanks Slo ... Nuke Gee Qioux ... Hmmmm ... We could have roving field reporters and photographers cover special events like "Wide Tie Wednesday" and "The Ugliest Jams Competition" ... I feel a magazine idea developing ...

Don't forget a Chapter on Face Jewelry... :o

RG

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #46 on: Sep 14, 2008, 07:52 »
Don't forget a Chapter on Face Jewelry... :o

RG

'n deconning same......

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #47 on: Sep 15, 2008, 07:22 »
Ooooooo ... There's a subject to ponder. I can't say I'm a big fan of facial jewelry in the plant. I've actually had people work for me who made jingling sounds when they sneezed. But ... Nothing on the books forbidding such a thing so ... I did, however notice that said individuals won the pee pee test lottery more often than others. Just a coincidence I'm sure, but something to ponder. I'm all for self expression, but ... after crawling around on my knees in a charging pump room looking for a guy's finger on a certain occasion, (someone else found it but there were a few tense moments there) I couldn't help thinking what the case might have been if it had been facial jewelry and not a gloved finger that got caught in that clutch belt.

shovelheadred

« Reply #48 on: Sep 15, 2008, 06:31 »
...I have over the last few weeks, read all this and in my own old Hippy, Biker way I want to say this....I look like I do and to some people I am offensive, but at a biker event I am the norm...so one event I was looking at a person with purple hair, that was spiked and started to say something aout it,,,until I looked in the mirror...some of us don't look the normal, maybe there is a reason..what is normal for you isn't for me....this is a new generation of Rp's, millwrights, deconners,,,and people...and will continue to be...when I was in the Navy, with a Navy haircut, I didn't look the norm in SC,, I still had an earring ,I put in in 1975...but in 1975 earrings for guys were taboo( and yes it was in my left ear)...and I had a beard...now all of that is taboo in the Navy, we could get an OBA(remember those) fit test with a beard, if you could get a seal...so what I am saying is,,,I understand all the wear a Bartlett collarded shirt and be presentable during training, and on your way into work...but that doesn't have a D#@%n thing to do with the knowledge or worth ethics you present during the work day..and that is where the rubber meets the road, not walking around training week talking to all your buddy's, or at the bar buying the boss a beer, so you can stay a week longer at the outage...and never ever judge a book by it's cover....I am proof of that....red

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #49 on: Sep 15, 2008, 08:57 »
hail, iffen yinz gots good gold oar silver jewlry, den aye aint gots two mucha problem wit dat.  butt, ya no sum thing?  when eye sea peeps data clos too fourty waring plastic, 'n wood stuff, eye gots tu wonder watt iz up wit dat?  iffen i didn't have nuff cash two put quality inn two a hole aye had placed in my body, eye woodent git dat whole!

justatech

« Reply #50 on: Sep 15, 2008, 10:33 »
Red,

One earring in the ear isn't a problem. SloGlo has a point - some of these guys are showing up looking like they were impaled in the jungles of Africa. Is that professional - really? The guy with the purple spiked hair - .... yes I know everyone wants to make a statement nowadays - why does it have to be "look at me I'm in my idiot stage of life." I'd love to send that one into the canal for decon work - that would be fun.  :P  Work is work - all the "extra statements" about oneself should be left at home - you're right they should show up and state who they are by doing the job.

As for sucking up to the boss - I agree............. the ones that do the work usually get short changed at times.  I remember one site coordinator that handed his cell phone around the bar for the techs to call off the next day!  :o   His drunk buddies stayed longer................... What a joke................There are a lot workers out there that think it is a continuation of the bar party from the night before - it's not. Bartlett's coordinators are responsbile for that attitude.

Do the ones who show up ready to work and are professional get noticed - yes they do............ they usually are the ones requested back in before the outage starts, stays late in the season or called in for extra jobs along the way......  8)
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008, 10:36 by justatech »

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #51 on: Sep 16, 2008, 08:54 »
Here we go again ... I don't think we are all on the same page on this one. Time for the old soap box ...

We all have an identity which is very personal to each of us. When I am at home, I wear old ratty cargo shorts with paint stains on them, flip-flops and ancient concert t-shirts. I seldom shave and opt for a ball cap rather than deal with the doo. When I go on a poker run ... yup kids ... I'm a biker too ... who'd of thunk it ... I wear my leathers and a big honkin' gold earring. That's on MY time ... BUT ...

When I pull into the parking lot of a power plant or anyplace else where a company is PAYING ME FOR MY TIME ... it is no longer my time ... it has been purchased, fair and square, by someone else. And because of that, I have an obligation to present myself in manner in keeping with the standards and expectations of that company. I forfeit the "right" to fly my freak flag when I sell that time. And don't anybody go fooling themselves ... That's what it is ... We sell our time to a company, and that time is supposed to be spent working in the best interest of the company.

Analogy: You have a grown daughter who is getting married. You are having the reception at a very nice place and you have shelled out a big chunk of change for a group of professional caterers to support the event. They will be interfacing with the guests at the reception ... guests who know you ... people who are friends and business associates ... neighbors etc. ... Do you want your new son-in-law's family being served their dinner by a guy with enough facial accoutrement's to qualify him/her for the cover of National Geographic? Would you like the wait staff to sag their pants so far down that their boxers and half of their booty is visible to all? How's about none of them bathe before coming to work for you?

See ... YOU have paid for THEIR time in that instance. You have struck a deal with them which gives you control of what they do for the time they spend providing said service to you. You have the right to expect them to conform to a standard, set by you, for the time they are actively performing the duties for which you have contracted them. Once they are off your clock, they can strip naked and run the streets ... But while they are being paid for their time by you, they have forfeited that option.

No one in this business is being asked to change who they are. Your time outside work will always be yours. And you always have the option of waving your proverbial freak flag at work ... but remember ... the "company" also has the option of not inviting you back to do so again. You can only do that for so long before you run out of plants.

Okay ... Putting away the soap box. Let the smiting begin. :)

shovelheadred

« Reply #52 on: Sep 16, 2008, 01:07 »
...Hairdude...I am not smiting you...I am just gonna let this post go...like you said we are all individuals....but I don't or can't change my tattoos,,or any other part of my style for a dollar...If the people around me can't accept me, for me, not my dress or ink..well, I didn't loose anything..I will not kiss any rear end to get, keep or stay at a job a day longer...but everyone has an opinion, and most are different than mine...that's why my closest neighbor is over a mile away...I don't wear any colors,,(red and white,,black and white..I.E Biker clubs)...I have and always will be good at what I do, knowledgable, and respectful of even the Illegal Immigrants that rake the pine needles off my property....respect and tact,,that will get you into places money and nice clothes won't..... I am finished with this argument...red

RedHacker

« Reply #53 on: Sep 16, 2008, 04:17 »
I will not kiss any rear end

In my experience, people that love to say that they don't kiss butt are using that as an excuse to be unprofessional.

Being nice and easy to get along with are key.  Some people ack like jerks, then clain it is because they don't kiss butt.  Being reasonable isn't kissing butt.

Looking professional also isn't kissing butt.

The problem the two factions have on this topic is simple.  Some people are talking about being "professional", and intend to have a 'profession', and want to be treated as a 'professional'.  Those people get promoted, because they 'play the game' - They are good corporate citizens.  They dress professional, and get treated that way, and have NO COMPLAINTS.

-- Then there are the 'technicians' that have 'jobs'... those people are not professionals, and do not have a profession.  They have a job.  -- The professionals are trying to get the 'job-havers' to act like them... like professionals.  -- Well, the job-havers aren't interested in a profession... they like just having a job, and being 'themselves'...

If your goal is to be a professional... act like one, and dress like one.  It's just that simple.  -- If you just want a job.. you just want a pay check... and just want to be 'you'... by all means... you be you.  Just understand this: this thread was not an attack on you.  You are not the target audience.  It's target audience is the people that WANT to be professional... and WANT a PROFESSION.

Now... everyone kiss and make up.  kum by ya, my lord... kum by ya...

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
« Reply #54 on: Sep 16, 2008, 05:59 »
Shovelhead Red--We have never worked together but we have traveled the same road ( and plants) at different times. I have no tatoos but a sore butt from lots of miles on motorcycles and lots of exposure and experence from more than 30 years as an HP. Lots of offers to go house but prefer the schedule of road tech.
Anyway as stated earlier we agree that you can't always judge a book by its' cover.

Mr. Badkitty-- Nice picture of the drywell coordinator.

Red Hacker-- I have worked for companies that want the image and they provide work clothing for their employees.
The current companies don't and I usually don't sit in an airconditioned office so confortable jeans and a clean (plain) t-shirt are my usually attire. I take pride in my work ethic. I don't think I would be a better technician if I was wearing a colored shirt. Plus in the l5 years I have shirts, coolers , bags and lots of other items from companies whose people I have provided job coverage. In the same time I have gotten 3 or 4 pens and a bunch of paychecks from the companies I have worked for.
I prefer the paychecks. 

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #55 on: Sep 17, 2008, 09:08 »
BadKitty ... Killer pic. Please tell me that wasn't really a Drywell Coordinator ;)

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #56 on: Sep 17, 2008, 03:58 »
hahhahah brett...exactly ...WWSD - What would Scooby Do?

i think people show you who they are with their actions..not clothes..altho..when a utility or company posts and expected dress code..you should comply..why..cuz they PAY ME..lol

the only thing is..when someone shows u who they are ..believe them ;)  good or bad ( hard lesson )

other than that ...its live and let live..some of the best techs ive ever worked with had long hair and tatts..and then again..very fine techs on the GQ side as well..just be ready to do some real work when the **** hits the fan and i need help in the can.

Kath :)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #57 on: Sep 17, 2008, 04:23 »
Okay, I have GOT to stand up and say "wait, don't you remember those wonderful seventies?" So I've been around for half a century, been around the biz since 1974. My dad would not even dream of letting me date a tech back then and yes I had a few crushes - I loved a Hippie after all and there were oh so many in this biz...Tied dyed shirts, bell bottoms, long hair those may not have been the norm for this business but you sure as heck saw quite a few. I remember my dad and a few others had big bushy side burns too.

Anybody out there remember Bill Mahoney? Joe Fuller? Need I say more?

As far as facial jewelry and colored hair- they do not make the tech. Now if the people are dirty, then thats another matter. I have a beautiful, educated and intellegent daughter who is not only tattooed but who has a nose stud and often sports pink or purple hair. This is a form of expression and believe it or not most people who look this way ARE very artistic.

This isn't the best photo as it is faded out a little, but I believe her purple hair suits her.

« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2008, 04:32 by Camella Black »

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #58 on: Sep 18, 2008, 09:01 »
I gotta say. If i get my hair cut it will mostly be because I want to do it. Although if someone calls me and says "I want to give you this job but you have to cut your hair." I'll have to decide if the money is worth it.(Where did i put those scissors again?)

Clothes and hair don't make the tech. To the best of my knowledge, everywhere I've worked would gladly bring me back, long hair and all, because i gave them good work.

But some of those doing the hiring may have different viewpoints. I've been told that although someone may have thought of me as a contender for for some professional jobs, the long hair made them second guess.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #59 on: Sep 18, 2008, 09:18 »
I gotta say. If i get my hair cut it will mostly be because I want to do it. Although if someone calls me and says "I want to give you this job but you have to cut your hair." I'll have to decide if the money is worth it.(Where did i put those scissors again?)

Clothes and hair don't make the tech. To the best of my knowledge, everywhere I've worked would gladly bring me back, long hair and all, because i gave them good work.

But some of those doing the hiring may have different viewpoints. I've been told that although someone may have thought of me as a contender for for some professional jobs, the long hair made them second guess.

The Plant Manager just came by and asked who the new chick was in the department.
I told him her name was Jim-iqua and pointed toward your cube. You got about 5 minutes to cut that sh#@!t off or get hit on by the HMFIC.....;)

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #60 on: Sep 18, 2008, 09:23 »
Is that the same guy who just came by, shook my hand and asked "who is that prissy pants in the corner?"?
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2008, 09:32 by Smart People »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #61 on: Sep 18, 2008, 09:32 »
Is that the same guy who just came by, shook my hand and asked "who is that prissy pants in the corner?"

Yeah, he said you need to take that dude that looks like a lady to the Calvin Klein outlet.
He had the balls to say "She ain't that cute."
I told him you would get him for harassment if he said anything like that again. He also said when he shook your hand that it was weak and clammy. Get your hair cut!!

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #62 on: Sep 18, 2008, 09:34 »
He told me to tell you to stop hitting on him. The frosted hair makes him feel "Icky"

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #63 on: Sep 18, 2008, 09:42 »
He told me to tell you to stop hitting on him. The frosted hair makes him feel "Icky"

Coming from a guy who has a picture of himself dressed like the cop from the Village People......

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #64 on: Sep 18, 2008, 09:48 »
Aaaaaahhhhhh, Memories! ;D ;D

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #65 on: Sep 18, 2008, 11:28 »
Clothes and hair don't make the tech.

Key word there Jim, is 'tech'.

stownsend

« Reply #66 on: Sep 18, 2008, 01:11 »
[quote author=DaveWarren link=topic=15911.msg90163#msg90163 date=1220983326

I would never think of having hair over my ears.
A beard is totally out of the question.
I have 1 tattoo, that is covered by a polo shirt and says "U.S.M.C."
Wouldn't ride a Harley or any other motorcycle.
I wear Dockers and silk Calvin Klein shirts.
My hair is frosted.

The bottom line is this:

[/quote]

"Frosted Hair"
SERENITY NOW,SERENITY NOW

Rad_Owl_2

« Reply #67 on: Sep 18, 2008, 01:18 »
Maybe Jim and Dave should get off of this site and try to plan an outage that will expend less than 400 REM for a change.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #68 on: Sep 18, 2008, 01:25 »
I can get you 450 Rem for this 8-week outage.
Not a millirem under that, Champ.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #69 on: Sep 18, 2008, 01:28 »
Plan and Hope, Brother, Plan and Hope

justatech

« Reply #70 on: Sep 19, 2008, 09:43 »
Plan and Hope, Brother, Plan and Hope

Is that the second rung from the bottom of the ladder ;D

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #71 on: Sep 19, 2008, 10:07 »

Anybody out there remember Bill Mahoney? Joe Fuller? Need I say more?

eye member bill, usta haffa lotta fun wit him.  usta make hymn laff when eye woodent eat raw oysters wit him while we wuz at farley dune there initial outage. 
i rmember joe swiping da onliest 6112b at ginna station 'n using it for shipping lsa ina aux bldg while i wuz dose rating da pressurizer cube.... dat is won tite place!!! not easy to do alara wit a ro2a!  dat jagoff!
'n aye remember bell bottoms on hps, had a buncha pears myself.  great for monitoring hallways in b.o.p., back ina day.  caws bells wazant kewl iffen dey wuz smaller dan 20" 'n hadda be 1/2" longer dan yer legs whyle waring shoes.  'n shoes bac den were sneakers.  knot steal tows.  'n hard hats were watt new construction crues wore.  safetee glasses wuz watt yinz wore insyde yer face pump.  safety belts held up yer pants.  free climbing pipes to dose rate valves was de riguer four a hp, caws ya hadda git da dose rate bee four da scaffolders got their. 

we come a long way, baby.   ;)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #72 on: Sep 20, 2008, 09:21 »
eye member bill, usta haffa lotta fun wit him.  usta make hymn laff when eye woodent eat raw oysters wit him while we wuz at farley dune there initial outage. 
i rmember joe swiping da onliest 6112b at ginna station 'n using it for shipping lsa ina aux bldg while i wuz dose rating da pressurizer cube.... dat is won tite place!!! not easy to do alara wit a ro2a!  dat jagoff!
'n aye remember bell bottoms on hps, had a buncha pears myself.  great for monitoring hallways in b.o.p., back ina day.  caws bells wazant kewl iffen dey wuz smaller dan 20" 'n hadda be 1/2" longer dan yer legs whyle waring shoes.  'n shoes bac den were sneakers.  knot steal tows.  'n hard hats were watt new construction crues wore.  safetee glasses wuz watt yinz wore insyde yer face pump.  safety belts held up yer pants.  free climbing pipes to dose rate valves was de riguer four a hp, caws ya hadda git da dose rate bee four da scaffolders got their. 

We sure have sloglo! Karma to you.

we come a long way, baby.   ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?