Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bartlett:What pile are you in?

Author Topic: Bartlett:What pile are you in?  (Read 30027 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Bartlett:What pile are you in?
« Reply #25 on: Mar 03, 2006, 07:18 »
halflife... ain't life a beach when yer pimps don't want yinz werkeen fer anybuddy else, but kick ya to the unemployement curb when ya ain't makeen enny money fer them?  'n then, iffen ya play the u.c. game correctly 'n actually make contact seeking employement, they gits upset wan ya gits a job wit da "competition". 
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

illegalsmile

« Reply #26 on: Mar 04, 2006, 09:18 »
ayev ulweez had bedder luk geddin a job wid a  big kumpanee when aye wuz werkkin fer da komputishun. yuh ulweez want whut yuh duzzunt hav....soe due thay.
thiz werks 'speshlee wel iffn ewe aynt at thu end uv er kummitmint wid d'udder kumpunnee.

duke99301

« Reply #27 on: Mar 04, 2006, 07:45 »
why be in a pile GET out of the Herd!

alphadude

« Reply #28 on: Mar 06, 2006, 11:59 »
exactly duke..

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #29 on: Mar 07, 2006, 08:04 »
why be in a pile GET out of the Herd!

issat a knew plant, the herd plant, wit der g.e.t. yinz're tawkeen bout? 

piles oar phun, spesheally wan der's galinz of cookeen oil envolved...
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 08, 2006, 12:03 »
somewhat agree, but "exactly" seems like a bad term.  I think I was treated worse and felt like I was forced to do more as house anyway (although it was as an operator and a chem tech).  I feel like I have more freedom to do things how I want to as a roady because I am not "attatched" to a certain nuke plant.  It actually makes me a better worker.  And, if things do go wrong, there is always the next plant since outage stays only last 4-6 weeks usually.

LaFeet

« Reply #31 on: Mar 08, 2006, 01:03 »
Hey Beer Court, should'nt there be a third pile????

How about those that actually show up on time, or consistently early?  The ones that actually put forth an effort in trying to get the outage or job done safely and ahead of schedule?  Those that actually can be trusted by both house techs and the management to complete the task at hand and be able to comply with the assorted procedures that seem to vary from plant to plant (even within the same company).

I have worked with a number of these individuals and hope to continue to do so.....  :D

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #32 on: Mar 08, 2006, 10:51 »
As we all go through years and years in this great business, I think we see alot of good people in that 3rd pile. Unfortunately, they are not in the big barrel of desirables that is maintained for any certain company. This results in the same "core group" of people going to all the best assignments first. That group may consist of all the best staff, all the worst staff, or a mixture of the two. A high percentage of the time, you are going to be considered AFTER that group is resting comfortably in those positions. Unfortunately, you do all you can to help the last project you were on and it just isn't enough to make the grade, and the responsible, competent technician is left wondering why they didn't get called for one of those "cush" positions. This is a major reason why people opt for getting out of this industry, taking a long-term gig in the DOE, or just being content by never calling that company again. Many technicians have had to make that decision in the last 10 years and many have stated their happiness on getting away from this industry. It is the work we chose many years ago, or it chose us.....

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #33 on: Mar 08, 2006, 02:10 »
Just wanted to update ya'll on the status of what pile our son is in... seems somewhere there was a mix up and this matter has been cleared up with no hard feelings.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #34 on: Mar 08, 2006, 02:47 »
The First Amendment works in strange ways, doesn't it?

That's "freedom of speech" for those of you who weren't coherent in school.

With Mr. Rennhack's medium that we use to express our opinion's, justice has prevailed. Obviously, someone erased the issue from the records after seeing the issue displayed. Gives ya' a warm feeling all over, huh Camella?.......

Offline dosetek

• Light User
« Reply #35 on: Mar 08, 2006, 03:02 »
Just wanted to update ya'll on the status of what pile our son is in... seems somewhere there was a mix up and this matter has been cleared up with no hard feelings.

Magical isn't it!!!!!!!

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #36 on: Mar 08, 2006, 04:30 »
Hey Beer Court, should'nt there be a third pile????

How about those that actually show up on time, or consistently early?  The ones that actually put forth an effort in trying to get the outage or job done safely and ahead of schedule?  Those that actually can be trusted by both house techs and the management to complete the task at hand and be able to comply with the assorted procedures that seem to vary from plant to plant (even within the same company).

I have worked with a number of these individuals and hope to continue to do so.....  :D

Well, if I had a contract HP company, that would be my first pile.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

illegalsmile

« Reply #37 on: Mar 08, 2006, 07:26 »
I think the 'customers' would have it that way too. All of them want their jobs (outages?) done on time, and that doesn't happen with people who aren't where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there; and most of them have performance bonuses for safety and rad protection goals (OSHA reportables, total man-rem, etc.), so I think they appreciate the tech who does a good and conscientious job. If you're in that group, you may want to talk to your Lead Tech or Supervisor and ask them to put in a word. A lot of the time, the SC has his/her own favorites, and that may or may not be the same list as the Utility supers would have.
Hey Mike, maybe we should have "NukeWorker Third Piler T-Shirts" to sell to the plants. ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2008, 12:37 by illegalsmile »

LaFeet

« Reply #38 on: Mar 08, 2006, 10:43 »
Hey Mike, maybe we should have "NukeWorker Third Piler T-Shirts" to sell to the plants. ;)

Put me down for one   :)

duke99301

« Reply #39 on: Dec 05, 2007, 02:01 »
wow I stayed out of the heard for years and yesterday they called me wanting to come back in the heard .

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 05, 2007, 08:14 »
Doesn't matter, just work!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #41 on: Dec 05, 2007, 10:23 »
Doesn't matter, just work!
That's what I have always "herd"! 

duke99301

« Reply #42 on: Dec 05, 2007, 09:35 »
good thing about when your out of the herd you wear a new brand and do not have to go back to the herd.
Merry xmas all

remowil55

« Reply #43 on: Jan 07, 2008, 01:04 »
Hey Camella, i hear ya.Speaking of the Northeast Test start a tread on the NEW FORMER NEU test. I have a feeling, this comes from experience, that there are going to be a lot of techs in for a surprise when they have to take the test again.Remo

vikingfan

« Reply #44 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:15 »
I'm in the haven't worked for bartlett for a couple years are you still in the business pile ???

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #45 on: Nov 02, 2008, 03:48 »
Well, if I had a contract HP company, that would be my first pile.
Beercourt: We have worked together and I know you to be a results oriented "Third pile" kind of guy. Unfortunately; most recruiters at these offices have never been in the field and have no Idea what performance in the field actually means! It's a shame really...
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: Nov 02, 2008, 06:15 »
The beatings will continue until moral improves!!!!! Put that on top of all the piles :D
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #47 on: Nov 02, 2008, 09:44 »
I like to hope we are in the prefered customers list pile?
And not the use this resume as toliet paper pile?
haha

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?