Facility & Company Information > Bartlett

Dress Code

(1/15) > >>

cairnit:
Was on the Bartlett web site last night and saw the job site postings info they have online now. It's nice to have this at your finger tips and not have to wonder if your info got lost in the mail. A couple of things occurred to me as I looked at the various sites info.

The first was that by what is posted, you can determine what the site may concider important; some of the sites had a list of the area churches, but next to no campground listed. 

The second thought was that I am glad that they tell the dress requirements at the plant, some of the sites seemed to come across with quite an attitude. Only collared shirts allowed or a NO SCRUBS policy.

In some cases by going to this area of the Bartlett website you might change your mind as to which outages to submit for.

Just a thought.........

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: cairnit on Aug 29, 2008, 11:06 ---Only collared shirts allowed or a NO SCRUBS policy.

--- End quote ---

sounds like a good playce two me.  eye don't like scrubs aught side of wear there needed.  bee itt controlled area or operating room.  enny ware else is sloppy practiss.
imho.

nuke_girl:
i like to wear scrubs..or at least change to scrubs as soon as i get in the plant...this way when i have a job to go handle..im not holding anyone else up by waiting for me to change out. Also mgt. at several plants ive been to wants you in your scrubs ASAP for the same reasons.

Time efficiency

Now keep in mind this doesnt mean rolling into the plant in scrubs so wrinkled and dirty they could stand up by themselves in a corner lolol ..ive seen this too.  ::)

Kath :)

justatech:

--- Quote from: SloGlo on Aug 29, 2008, 07:43 ---sounds like a good playce two me.  eye don't like scrubs aught side of wear there needed.  bee itt controlled area or operating room.  enny ware else is sloppy practiss.
imho.

--- End quote ---

I agree SloGlo. I have worked many sites that you had to wear a collared shirt through the gate verses scrubs. Although I did like the sites that allowed scrubs in the gate, I found that most (all crafts) wore the nastiest scrubs - or just dirty clothes in general - not to mention the "sleaze" effect of some dress styles which is inappropriate at any place of employment.

Bartlett should implement a dress policy - I'm sure someone will state they have one - then my answer is the site coordinator should enforce it.

While we are on the subject what is it with the earrings hanging off every piece of skin - this applies to men and women.................it's a job - not a rock concert..........I understand stud earrings for the ears - but not up both sides of the ear - in the nose - tongue - eyebrows...........ever hear of FME..........or the 4 inch claws - how can you do your job? One of my pet peeves - long hair..............mostly men........ who don't wash it for 3 or 4 days - not only is it obviously dirty but have you smelled the rank that hair collects after you're in and out of the can for a few days. Take some hints from the ladies..... or cut it off.

Why wear sandals to work ..........most sites have implemented the policy that when you are training in a lab (even at the training building - not in the plant) you must dress as you would in the plant i.e. PPE - all of it - or you're not allowed in the room for sign offs until you are dressed correctly. INPO has suggested this to several sites this past year and they are following through with it.

In my opinion that is where Bartlett fails themselves and the sites - first impressions do make a difference. Granted once you get past this....they might be a good tech........but why build a negative impression prior to getting in the gate?

Brett LaVigne:

--- Quote from: justatech on Aug 30, 2008, 05:50 ---
 One of my pet peeves - long hair..............mostly men........ who don't wash it for 3 or 4 days - not only is it obviously dirty but have you smelled the rank that hair collects after you're in and out of the can for a few days. Take some hints from the ladies..... or cut it off.

--- End quote ---

This makes me laugh a little. I am convinced that the nuclear industry single handedly keeps the mullet alive! All business in the front...and a PARTY in the back! I also get a kick out of the bald on top, pony tail in the back look...I mean, just give up man. It's ok to be balding, it's a man thing, let go of the past.

I agree that we as a "professional" group should look the part. I don't think however, scrubs are unprofessional if they are clean when you show up to work. They are our uniform after all. During training week when first impressions are made, wear decent, normal clothes. Not scrubs, old outage tee-shirts that say "playin' hide and seek for a grand a week" (you older kids remember that one) or other tasteless tee-shirts. When the outage starts, wear decent, clean scrubs or clean normal clothes to work.

I wore a suit and tie to work every day for years. I didn't always need to, but when I did, it put me in a professional light with my clients and me in a professional state of mind. It also said to my clients that I took them and my business seriously.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version