Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Harry Underwood honeypot

Author Topic: Harry Underwood  (Read 11028 times)

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
Harry Underwood
« on: Feb 23, 2004, 01:09 »
Harry Underwood passed away recently due to complications with cancer. Harry was a long time site coordinator with IRM and then a supervisor for TVA at Browns Ferry.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2004, 01:13 by idrum4food »

JIMBOMAFF

Re: Harry Underwood
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2004, 04:02 »
I worked for Harry at North Anna.  He was a great guy. 

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2004, 09:22 »
I also worked for Harry at North Anna. He will be missed.

Offline luckyu

• Light User
  • Nuclear power has been good to me$$$$$$$
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2004, 01:33 »
Harry was site coordinator at Calvert in 1984 where I worked as a dosimetry clerk.  He gave me one of the best recommendtions of my life.  Go to the IRM school.  I did in the fall of 1984 and it has paid off tremendously.  Best $2000.00 dollar investment I've made.  Thank's for recommending an interesting career.

papajoe52

Harry Underwood
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2004, 07:10 »
I am very sad to hear about Harry as I have known him a long time . He and I were in the same Radcon training class at Newport News Shipyard way back in 1966 . I still remember the laughs and good times we had at the Yard.
                                                     God bless his Family
                                                     Joe Davis (Papa Joe)

patzke

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2005, 07:56 »
Sure hate to hear that about Harry. I was site Coordinator at Calvert Cliffs in early 80's and Harry worked for me. I still remember the truck wreck he had where there was a perfect imprint of his face in the broken windshield. The term '"gentle giant" applied to Harry in those days.

wglewallen

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2005, 09:11 »
I worked with Harry at Browns Ferry, he was site coordinator for IRM. He was a big guy more ways than one. One thing for sure he certainly looked out for the techs. Harry will truly be missed.

God Bless His Family
                                                                                           wglewallen

Offline nukefan88

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2005, 04:38 »
 He was my first site coordinator at Calvert Cliffs. May he rest in peace.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2005, 08:13 »
   I remember Harry from Calvert many years ago. My first contact with him was his head floating in over a set of lockers in the RadPro office as he walked in, he definately had a presence and was part of the color of the business. His is one of the names I have heard many times when reminiscing about old outages.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2005, 08:51 »
I was close friends with Harry at Calvert Cliffs during the early 80s. I have many fond memories of late night poker games and drinks being poured (or drank) from mason jars... fuzzy memories, but fond. I think of him when I hear Jimmy Buffett do 'God's Own Drunk' and he talks about Brother Bear being 'a great big Kodiak fellow with island size paws'... that was Harry. He was indeed a gentle giant. One memory that stands out was watching him use those paws to put a band-aid on my girlfriend's finger. It was almost comical but carried a lot of insight into Harry. Another was his remedy for the flu... "drink a fifth of Jack Daniels every half hour until you feel better."

He was a good friend to have (you DEFINITELY wanted him on your side) and I will miss him.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Aug 10, 2005, 12:30 »
What many of you may not know is that Harry had gotten out of the business several years ago and became a Baptist preacher.  As you would expect, he was quite good at it.  And he had to come up with a new remedy for the flu <g>.

Dave

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?