Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bremerton, Bangor yardbirds: Advice requested

Author Topic: Bremerton, Bangor yardbirds: Advice requested  (Read 6557 times)

fleapicker

Bremerton, Bangor yardbirds: Advice requested
« on: Sep 17, 2008, 03:38 »
I just moved to Tacoma, Washington from the east coast.

I'm looking for work and interested in going back to radcon code 105.3.

I was a radcon tech for two years in an east coast naval shipyard, then bolted to commercial power for higher pay. I worked several years as a senior HP tech.

But that was over ten years ago. Now I am in a new state and thinking I would like to work at a shipyard as Radcon.

Is this a good time to look for a radcon job? (The shipyard I worked at previously had a HIGH turnover for radcon techs and were always hiring. Is this true here/now?)

How or where would I apply for the job?

Is there perhaps any related work (radcon, Sr. HP tech) in the Seattle metro area that I should be aware of?

And in general are these two shipyards good places to work in your opinion?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts, opinions or advice.

PS my username is inspired by fuel fleas, something the Naval reactors don't produce much of

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Bremerton, Bangor yardbirds: Advice requested
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2008, 03:49 »

How or where would I apply for the job?

www.fedjobs.gov

select WA-Bremerton on dragdown location menu
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2008, 04:47 by HydroDave63 »

fleapicker

Re: Bremerton, Bangor yardbirds: Advice requested
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2008, 05:41 »
Thanks HD63. . . .

I had already found this resource and others for applying to government jobs. Isn't Google wonderful?

What I really should have asked is if I go to the base office where hiring is done am I likely to get a helpful live person who can answer these questions?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?