Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Preparing for first Day at DC Cook

Author Topic: Preparing for first Day at DC Cook  (Read 26752 times)

michael49022

Re: Preparing for first Day at DC Cook
« Reply #25 on: Mar 15, 2009, 08:19 »
My lodgings are confirmed, the Silver Beach Hotel in St. Joseph.  The hotel operator said that other HP's are staying there, any of them on this board?  (I'd like a review of the hotel from firsthand experience).  I'd like to get together for carpools if at all possible.  Last I checked the DC master page, they said they didnt know if there would be bus service.  If there was, does it extend into St Joseph?

The hotel is ok.  They have been doing a lot of remodeling the last year.  They have a whole floor remodeled into a dorm like design for Whirlpool corporation's interns that stay there.     Its right down town and close to everything besides the plant which is about 10 miles south of town.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Preparing for first Day at DC Cook
« Reply #26 on: Apr 04, 2009, 04:49 »
Work boots need to have a safety cover over the toes: some folks prefer use steel, some composite. Know that steel will NOT pass the metal detectors, you will have to take them off and run them thru the x-ray, or wear something else in and out of work. There is a national cert - but the official tag escapes me.

Z-41.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?