Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Cook U1 Turbine Problems
honeypot

Author Topic: Cook U1 Turbine Problems  (Read 82017 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Cook U1 Turbine Problems
« Reply #75 on: Nov 26, 2009, 11:12 »
I heard they got the turbine put together, and was powering the unit up.  Is that correct?

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #76 on: Nov 26, 2009, 09:02 »
Unit 1 is in Mode 3

Turbine assembly is moving steadily forward
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline RiskEngineer

• Very Lite User
« Reply #77 on: Jan 22, 2010, 09:51 »
Please note, the AEP (DC Cook) legal team has requested that we do not display any pictures which relate to the recent turbine issue

Your assistance in this matter is appreciated. 

Now that the unit has returned to service does that request still stand?  Has AEP released any photographs to the industry.  I know some are out there as I have seen them but I am wondering about the owners approach still.
Cheers, Andrew

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #78 on: Jan 24, 2010, 01:31 »
Now that the unit has returned to service does that request still stand?  Has AEP released any photographs to the industry.  I know some are out there as I have seen them but I am wondering about the owners approach still.

By now anyone they wanted to see the pictures already has ;)

Offline RiskEngineer

• Very Lite User
« Reply #79 on: Jan 25, 2010, 03:55 »
HydroDave63,

Unfortunately there are people out there who have not seen the pictures especially turbine engineers outside of the North American nuclear industry.  There are some valuable lessons, for all turbine engineers, from this incident that get reinforced with pictures of the train wreck.

Does anyone have pictures that they are in a position to share?  I have seen some but I am always interested in more.
Cheers, Andrew

Offline Frankie Love

• Very Heavy User
  • You don't miss the water...until the well runs dry
« Reply #80 on: Jan 25, 2010, 04:30 »
Likewise, started there in "79" and would like to see what happened to the old bird.

matthew.b

« Reply #81 on: Jan 27, 2010, 11:18 »
By now anyone they wanted to see the pictures already has ;)

Not me!  If anyone is willing to share....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?