Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu LOPEZ Test?? honeypot

Author Topic: LOPEZ Test??  (Read 44118 times)

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
LOPEZ Test??
« on: Sep 24, 2008, 12:38 »
First, thanks to all posters here on the board for all of your knowledge. I just received an invite for testing and interviewing in the Northeast with Entergy. I was informed I would be taking the pre-employment LOPEZ test. I searched here and through search engines with no success. Anyone have info on this test? Is it just another name for the POSS. Thank you all in advance.

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
Re: LOPEZ Test??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2008, 10:56 »
 ??? Please tell us what that test is ? I am not familiar with this one LOPEZ?

dI

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2008, 11:16 »
I was unable to find the LOPEZ test anywhere out on the SuperInformationSuperAutobahn .

My guess would be it is some company trying to create a niche for its own test, much as in the IT procurement world an ingenious fellow came up with the "Gomez Certified" label.

Perhaps I should invent the " HydroDave 4 out of 4 PitchforksTM " rating system...

rlbinc

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2008, 11:42 »
If it's a SANCHEZ test you're talking about - you might want to consider a different line of work. :-X

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2008, 11:49 »
If it's a SANCHEZ test you're talking about - you might want to consider a different line of work. :-X

4 out of 4 pitchforks for the bulldog!

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2008, 04:35 »
Thanks for your input. An HR rep for the company responeded and told me that "it is much easier than the POSS. We just haven't migrated to the POSS yet." I guess I will update after taking it so to add to this information database.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2008, 09:17 »
"it is much easier than the POSS. We just haven't migrated to the POSS yet."

I'd take that advice with a grain of salt.  Prepare as if you were taking the POSS.  Just my 2 cents.
LM

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2008, 09:27 »
Thanks LM, that is what I plan to do.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2008, 11:29 »
First, thanks to all posters here on the board for all of your knowledge. I just received an invite for testing and interviewing in the Northeast with Entergy. I was informed I would be taking the pre-employment LOPEZ test. I searched here and through search engines with no success. Anyone have info on this test? Is it just another name for the POSS. Thank you all in advance.

What position are you testing for?  I know the maintenance (mechanical, welder, and I&C) positions have to take the MASS...
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2008, 12:01 »
NLO position.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2008, 03:57 »
NLO position.

I asked one of the operators at an Entergy plant in the NorthEast (not IP) what test they used...he said POSS, so...
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2008, 04:08 »
Thanks Unca. Maybe it is site exclusive to IP? But I will prepare like the POSS. Although I was told there were only 3 sections; Reading comprehension, arithmetic operations, and observing/differentiating details.

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2008, 07:18 »
Vokeysand....make sure you know unit conversions that's what the math section is all about.. (timed basic math)  ;D .good luck!!

Di

Brian

« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2008, 08:05 »
Vokeysand....make sure you know unit conversions that's what the math section is all about.. (timed basic math)  ;D .good luck!!

Di

In the world of commercial power generation, are things Standard or Metric.
All I have to say is that standard units just seem to F everything up.

Brian

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Sep 25, 2008, 09:01 »

Di

Thanks for the advice Dinutt. Are you speaking with knowledge of the Lopez test or are you referring to the conversion table on the POSS exam?

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #15 on: Sep 26, 2008, 01:10 »
In the world of commercial power generation, are things Standard or Metric.
All I have to say is that standard units just seem to F everything up.

Brian

We use both.  For example, Tavg on Rx is given in Farenheit while some generator rotor trip setpoints are in Celsius. 

Also pressures get to be pretty messed up.  Some things are in inches of mercury (usually condenser backpressure) while many things are measured in psig, and still other things are measured in inches of water (steam seals).  Technically I guess all of those are standard measures, but it doesn't make it any less confusing.

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 26, 2008, 08:53 »
vokeysand .. no experience with this LOPEZ  test , but yes with the conversion table for the POSS exam just practice the timing etc. I have heard  alot of people not being successful in passing due to the basic  math and the confusion which in turns puts time pressure on someone who isn't use to test taking on any level .Hope  I have helped some.good luck to you... :)

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #17 on: Sep 27, 2008, 07:03 »
Thank you Di. I will update after the test.

Offline nathaneltrct

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Sep 29, 2008, 11:01 »
I actually just took the LOPEZ test at IP, and got a job offer. That being said, it was somewhat easier, and had four testing areas.
Reading comprehension/spelling/sentence structure (just like practice POSS, pretty standard like and ASVAB/SAT/ACT)
Math, which had things like 3 to the -3 and dividing .24x10-2/.2x10-4, and some simple algebra
A table/graph interpretation area which you have to quickly solve, like the POSS one
Another area where you had to pick out which gauges or valves were different, given an initial gage/valve. This is my first post so please don't destroy me, I spell-checked. Thanks.
-Nate
Above all, don't fear difficult moments, the best comes from them. -Rita Levi Montalcini

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #19 on: Sep 29, 2008, 04:30 »
I actually just took the LOPEZ test at IP, and got a job offer. That being said, it was somewhat easier, and had four testing areas.
Reading comprehension/spelling/sentence structure (just like practice POSS, pretty standard like and ASVAB/SAT/ACT)
Math, which had things like 3 to the -3 and dividing .24x10-2/.2x10-4, and some simple algebra
A table/graph interpretation area which you have to quickly solve, like the POSS one
Another area where you had to pick out which gauges or valves were different, given an initial gage/valve. This is my first post so please don't destroy me, I spell-checked. Thanks.
-Nate
great post for your first one and gives us all a "heads up" as to what to study if we are asked to take this test..very imformative. Thanks ! and welcome to nukeworker !
Kath
:)
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #20 on: Sep 29, 2008, 04:41 »
Hi  nathaneltrc  great first time post ! welcome! !did you accept the offer? Karma to ya  ;) what ever does Lopez stand for?

Di
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2008, 04:42 by dinutt »

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #21 on: Sep 29, 2008, 04:46 »
-Nate

Thanks for the info Nate. Good luck to you if you accepted the offer. This forum is a fantastic resource. I am looking forward to getting back into the nuclear world and this forum is a great example how the industry has a "family" feel to it!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #22 on: Sep 29, 2008, 05:02 »
-Nate

Welcome to Nukeworker. ;D

Excellent first post, I wish you the best of luck ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2008, 05:04 by PWHoppe »
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #23 on: Oct 09, 2008, 04:22 »
Took the test this morning. Very basic/easy. Three parts; reading comprehension, basic math operations, and graph/chart interpretation. Had an interview afterwards for NLO position. I think the interview went very well. I should hear in the next day or two. Thank you all for your input and advice.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #24 on: Oct 09, 2008, 04:42 »
This is my first post so please don't destroy me, I spell-checked. Thanks.
-Nate

iffen enny buddy give ya enny greef bout posting, yinz jist let me no.  aisle take carra dem, k?  dat sayed, welcome a bored!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?