Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Q clearance honeypot

Author Topic: Q clearance  (Read 13830 times)

therealville

Q clearance
« on: Oct 06, 2008, 08:09 »
Has anyone received a Q clearance in the past 6 months??? If so, how long did the whole process take you?

Offline volfireman07

• Light User
Re: Q clearance
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2008, 08:02 »
I received mine 10 months ago.  It took 11 months.

Offline sdabler

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2008, 01:41 »
I received mine early this year. I had my "L", upgraded to a "Q". It took 10 weeks to get my "L", then as additional 6 weeks to get my "Q". It really depends on the individual (places of recidency, travel from outside the US, number of places of employment, credit history, etc.)

therealville

« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2008, 05:46 »
volfireman07- do you know when your investigation ended and the adjudication began month-wise? my investigation was finished in 4 months or so and i have been in adjudication for around 4 as well so i am trying to get an idea of how much longer.

Offline volfireman07

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2008, 09:22 »
I received my letter about 4 months after my interviews were complete.  One of my friends made a comment about foreign national contact (through church) during the interviews that had to be clarified. 

Based on my experience, you should get your notification any day.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2008, 07:40 »
My Q took three years. Not that unusual for a sub contractor. I was unemployed when it came through so I didn't get it in hand until almost four years from the start. Boss lady started about one and a half years ago and is still waiting, she is working for the site contractor (B&W at Y-12).

therealville

« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2008, 09:19 »
Gamecock-have you contacted anyone asking why it is taking so long to here back? are you a contractor or what?

therealville

« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2008, 04:43 »
gamecock- what kind of position are you applying for? Military, G'ment, private sector or contractor?

therealville

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2008, 11:31 »
I see, Im a former Navy man myself.

DrRem

« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2008, 11:24 »
Check out the following links they contain some good reading

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/l/blsecmenu.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/security_4.htm

Even though it talks about DOD it still applies to DOE as in TS= Q

therealville

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2008, 05:27 »
anyone else get a Q lately? it seems that its taking roughly 4 months from everyone I have heard from lately. The suspense is killing meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

MMCDude

« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2008, 09:39 »
I submitted the paperwork for mine last October while I was still on the boat, and when I checked in to my current duty station in January, my Q was waiting for me.  The investigators did seem rather frustrated that I didn't keep track of more than a couple personal contacts from previous duty stations, or because I couldn't tell them the names of my neighbors.

therealville

« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2008, 08:09 »
MMCDude
What was the total time from SF86 submittal to approval to get your clearance?

jordan

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2009, 09:36 »
Obtained my Q in 4 and a half months from Y-12, which is veery quick considering  I never held an L or Q before.(Was a Navy Nuke in the late 80's-early 90's with DOD secret). I believe they are now getting clearances done quicker under the new administration.

pup5050

« Reply #14 on: Apr 03, 2009, 10:55 »
My OPM/FBI interview was in early Jan and my Q came through in late Mar.  I am told that the background check is much faster now than it once was, but it takes longer to get your actual badge because of the HSPD-12 policy.  But it all depends on how many places you have lived, worked, etc.  I think the average is about 3-4 months now though.  Hope this helps someone out there.  Be safe.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?