Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ADHD: Truth v. Lie honeypot

Author Topic: ADHD: Truth v. Lie  (Read 37990 times)

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: ADHD: Truth v. Lie
« Reply #25 on: Oct 20, 2008, 09:23 »
Vanguard_Blue

Moreover, it was obvious to me by what you wrote that you already knew that being asked to lie was WRONG!  This bodes well of your capacity to do well in the program.

However, I'm a little miffed that you came to us to get permission to lie.  Why didn't you consult those in your family that you commented about being in the program?  I believe you already knew what they would say, but didn't want to hear that answer.

Let me tell you something that you can learn from...

When I was a section adviser at NFAS, sailors in my two sections were implicated in underage drinking.  I won't go into how they were indicted, but I called them in one-by-one to ask them two questions:  "Have you been underage drinking and who have you been underage drinking with."

Every one of them said "yes" that they had been underage drinking.  Every one of them gave me a laundry list of names, most of them I already had from a previous source.

Extremely long story short...every one of them was not denuked.  When the Department Head asked me my recommendation for their disposition, I told them that they passed the integrity test and I needed to prove to them that what we taught them was true.  That is, you are allowed to be stupid and make mistakes (for which you may have consequences), but don't ever lie, cheat, or steal.  They all got EMI, hard card entries to ensure that a recurrence would forever seal their fate, and mandatory 35 hours for the duration of NFAS.

Grow up in these nine months.

DR,
This response should be moved to how to fix the NNPP.  Your example of how to save guys from getting kicked out of the program also demonstrates one of the things wrong with "fixing" things at the lowest possible level.  How does assigning someone extra study hours teach them a lesson?  It may be a deterrent to some, but who decided that this punishment fit the crime?  Study hours should be assigned based on academic performance.  Putting these guys on 35's is bad for a number of reasons:
1.  The message to everyone else is 35's are a punishment.
2.  How much studying did these guys do on 35s?  Some of them likely distracted other students who couldn't afford to be distracted.
3.  You've established a right to appeal a CO's punishment given at NJP.  If the CO busted or withheld advancement for somebody else guilty of the same offense at NJP, that person could appeal that decision based on the punishment you gave out.
  As a two-time instructor/section advisor at NNPS, this looks like an attempt to get out of really dealing with some potentially serious offenses.  Were you trying to save these guys, save work or did you not trust the chain of command or did you think this would make you look bad?

WRT ADHD, if you can control yourself when you want, why don't you want to control yourself all the time?  There are plenty of other ways to support and serve, but if you have a bonafide medical condition that can cause you spaz out under stress, being a naval nuke is not for you.  Lying to the recruiter might get you into the program, but sooner or later your problem would surface.  Better off telling the truth and seek other opportunities in my opinion.

Derek Murray
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline G-reg

• Heavy User
  • C'mere and chum some of this...
« Reply #26 on: Oct 21, 2008, 12:51 »
For starters, I don't see your waffling as a weakness or a sign of trouble to come.  Temptation and pressure happen.  Feeling yourself being tempted isn't a crime.  In the end, what matters is what you actually do.

For those of us that have been around the block, "what to do" in the face of temptation or pressure has been exercised and honed to the point where it has become a snap decision for us - and THAT is the yardstick by which you are being measured.  (Get used to it - it will become YOUR yardstick too in a few years.)

But at the present time, you had (what was for you) a tremendously difficult decision to make.  IMHO, you did exactly the right thing - you thought it through very earnestly, and you asked for help.  My hat is off to you for that, and I'm happy that you made the right decision in the end.

This is just my thinking, but I would not pursue a formal complaint.  At best, it will only come down to a case of he-said/she-said.  There are other ways to deal with this.  One of my own personal favorites is to address the individual with: "I know that I must have misunderstood you, because if you really just said _____, then you would get your a$$ nailed to the wall - so I know that was NOT what I just heard come out of your mouth, was it???"  In my experience, that usually has the dual effect of letting the other party know that A) I'm not going to 'play ball', and B) yes that does put them in a position of getting their a$$ nailed to a wall, so they better get back to the straight-and-narrow.  And finally, it does give them the option of "coming back into the goodness and light" in the end.  DISCLAIMER: Individual results may vary.  I only throw this out there as an illustration of the fact that there are many, many other ways to deal with situations like this besides filing a formal report.  You are only limited by your imagination.

Karma to you here on the forum, and my sincere best wishes to you in real life.

- Greg
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2008, 12:54 by G-reg »
"But that's just my opinion - I could be wrong."
  -  Dennis Miller

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #27 on: Oct 21, 2008, 02:47 »
ok heres my two cents

only because you asked...

now i am not a navy nuke..but i am an HP in the commercial industry...with ADHD.... unbelieveable !! lol ..i try to keep a sense of humour about it..but as anyone who knows me ..they know this is correct..i am unmedicated by choice..my parents did not medicate me either...they believed diet modification worked..and i suppose it did.

anyway ..to lie or not to lie..i chose not to lie..i told the truth andddddddddd i get loads of jobs..commercial power might be for you !

i have some advice for you...first dont lie..you are setting yourself up later for drama..and also ..its kinda like denying who you are..its a condition...not who you are or what you stand for..( so dont lie cause you want to stand for honesty and integrity )

second..take college courses..when i went to college for Health Physics..it took a few tries to pass my Math classes...why?? because i couldnt sit still long enough to understand that learning the RULES of Higher Math was the key to success..like a language..and plus..i couldnt sit still..lol but i learned how to focus and how to still my mind. and you can as well..just dont jump into it with expectations of having no issues from this..also..have yourself tested for food allergies..many many children are diagnosed with a hyperactivity disorder when in fact they have a reaction to food allergies...red ears are a tip off ...

third
life is a lesson ...learn it...dont allow yourself to be judged ....ive had one ******* be very mean ...but bet you i wont be going back there...and they ask me to every year.. Usually the plants love me because im a spaz and i do alot of extra work..because i cant sit still lololoolol

dont  set yourself up for failure after all the efforts of attending school because you felt the pressure to take the easy way out..sure its easy to lie..but dont you think it will catch up with you?..lies have a funny way of catching up with you..and its not gonna be pretty if that one surfaces.

Its because i didnt lie ..that i can post this and try to give sane advice from an ADHD point of view.

im totally stoked that you came to this forum and asked for help..its what we are here for..altho im not completely diggin the reference to the teenage slut issue ( ahem ) inappropriate ..but i do see the point that was trying to be made.

Life is a lesson..learn it ~!
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline bdhoe

• Light User
  • Retreating is always an option...
« Reply #28 on: Oct 21, 2008, 07:16 »
It is never a question about one's ability to judge a recuiters integrity..there is little..as for the question never lie..don't..if you tell the truth you can never be caught lying and to be a liar and full of misinformation is..well we all know so to all the young nukes listen to all of us..Integrity it is like a bucket of water the more you spill it on some the more they use it(I hoped it was sought by others when I left..) I know the old sayings I was a SNOB (Shortest Nuke On Board) so I should be the last one to stop you, but if you feel you want to do it then have fun...I would do it again....more cowhat!
I think maybe I shouldn't have taken the blue pill after all...damn...

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #29 on: Oct 21, 2008, 12:49 »
DR,
This response should be moved to how to fix the NNPP.  Your example of how to save guys from getting kicked out of the program also demonstrates one of the things wrong with "fixing" things at the lowest possible level.  How does assigning someone extra study hours teach them a lesson?  It may be a deterrent to some, but who decided that this punishment fit the crime?  Study hours should be assigned based on academic performance.  Putting these guys on 35's is bad for a number of reasons:
1.  The message to everyone else is 35's are a punishment.
2.  How much studying did these guys do on 35s?  Some of them likely distracted other students who couldn't afford to be distracted.
3.  You've established a right to appeal a CO's punishment given at NJP.  If the CO busted or withheld advancement for somebody else guilty of the same offense at NJP, that person could appeal that decision based on the punishment you gave out.
  As a two-time instructor/section advisor at NNPS, this looks like an attempt to get out of really dealing with some potentially serious offenses.  Were you trying to save these guys, save work or did you not trust the chain of command or did you think this would make you look bad?

Derek Murray

Derek,

Very interesting.  On the surface, I would agree with you on much you wrote, but you weren't there.

1).  The extra hours were requested by the students.  First one came and asked for it and then he went back and talked to his buds--and they, asked for it.  Both sections knew what the deal was.  They wanted it mandated that they put in time at school so that they would not be tempted to repeat their offense.  I once had a student when I was teaching physics ask me to put him on mandatory Saturday morning study.  I refused, telling him that he knew that he needed it so go on his own volition.  He didn't and failed the first test.  After that I made him attend the following two Saturdays and gave him every extra homework package we had.  He then scored a 98% on the subsequent test, which allowed him to pass overall.  So, I learned that when someone asks for help, because they know they won't follow through on their own, to help them.
2).  I never punished anyone; only the Commanding Officer has that privilege.  EMI is instruction and the extra hours were by their request.  As for setting a precedent for future NJPs...NJP is exactly that--NON-Judicial Punishment, which requires only a 51% burden of proof to award punishment.  This particular CO (who happened to become a 2-star Admiral) always asked the charges if they had any mitigating circumstances that they would like him to consider before he rendered judgement.  Some may call them weasel words or opportunity for wiggle, but he was consistent. 
3).  You make it sound as if I did this covertly with a great deal of stealth.  I assure you that the whole chain of command was apprised of the situation, especially with regard as to how we were initially tipped off.  Moreover, my reputation was not in question.  I showed up to the command as a surface E-6 and left there as a Senior Chief Petty Officer.  I had no problem with performance management, the chain knew I was thorough and drew a firm line.  For example, my first evaluation at this Submariner-infested command as a Chief Petty Officer had me ranked 11 out of 63.  I progressed from there.
4).  The EMI was related to the offense, requiring a one-page report about how drinking under age is against the law and a violation of the UCMJ and a plea why they should be allowed to continue in the program.
5).  As for getting out of doing work...it would have been much more simple to hand them over to the Master at Arms for processing to go to Captain's Mast.  I would have just had to attend mast and close out their records.  With the route I took, they all had to go to the DAPA (one had to attend Level I treatment), which I had to document in their white jacket.   Also, every one of the 13 individuals' white cards had to have the event documented in detail for future reference (if needed) at NPS and NPTU, which took two days to complete.

To change gears a bit, I wanted to illustrate that although you think I gave a sterling example:  "Of how to save guys from getting kicked out of the program also demonstrates one of the things wrong with "fixing" things at the lowest possible level."  This is not a one size fits all world.

By what you wrote, I assume you believe all performance issues need to be handled by someone at a higher level to ensure they are appropriately handled.  When I was at NSSF, yet another Submariner-infested command, it seems that this idea was very rampant.  So, I guess it may be a sub-culture philosophy.  Nonetheless, to the point==>  There was a discrimination complaint against the command that the majority of personnel going to Captain's Mast were black.  Investigation found that this was indeed true, more than 2:1 blacks versus whites--BUT--they were dismissed at that same ratio.  The whites were twice as likely to be awarded punishment than the blacks.  What was learned from this was that the middle managers (read CPOs) didn't want to deal with the black sailors and opted to have the CO  sort things out.  He did. 

There was a wake like what must have been seen at the parting of the Red Sea.  The CO promised a personal chat with every CPO and DIVO prior to mast to glean the merits of the case.  Subsequent EEO surveys showed that the perception of discrimination was squashed and the average mast numbers stayed about even for the whites and dropped by about 60% for the blacks.

I hope I illuminated the situation a bit more such that your sense of justice no longer feels violated.

deltarho
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #30 on: Oct 21, 2008, 06:42 »
Derek,

Very interesting.  On the surface, I would agree with you on much you wrote, but you weren't there.

1).  The extra hours were requested by the students.  First one came and asked for it and then he went back and talked to his buds--and they, asked for it.  Both sections knew what the deal was.  They wanted it mandated that they put in time at school so that they would not be tempted to repeat their offense.  I once had a student when I was teaching physics ask me to put him on mandatory Saturday morning study.  I refused, telling him that he knew that he needed it so go on his own volition.  He didn't and failed the first test.  After that I made him attend the following two Saturdays and gave him every extra homework package we had.  He then scored a 98% on the subsequent test, which allowed him to pass overall.  So, I learned that when someone asks for help, because they know they won't follow through on their own, to help them.
2).  I never punished anyone; only the Commanding Officer has that privilege.  EMI is instruction and the extra hours were by their request.  As for setting a precedent for future NJPs...NJP is exactly that--NON-Judicial Punishment, which requires only a 51% burden of proof to award punishment.  This particular CO (who happened to become a 2-star Admiral) always asked the charges if they had any mitigating circumstances that they would like him to consider before he rendered judgement.  Some may call them weasel words or opportunity for wiggle, but he was consistent. 
3).  You make it sound as if I did this covertly with a great deal of stealth.  I assure you that the whole chain of command was apprised of the situation, especially with regard as to how we were initially tipped off.  Moreover, my reputation was not in question.  I showed up to the command as a surface E-6 and left there as a Senior Chief Petty Officer.  I had no problem with performance management, the chain knew I was thorough and drew a firm line.  For example, my first evaluation at this Submariner-infested command as a Chief Petty Officer had me ranked 11 out of 63.  I progressed from there.
4).  The EMI was related to the offense, requiring a one-page report about how drinking under age is against the law and a violation of the UCMJ and a plea why they should be allowed to continue in the program.
5).  As for getting out of doing work...it would have been much more simple to hand them over to the Master at Arms for processing to go to Captain's Mast.  I would have just had to attend mast and close out their records.  With the route I took, they all had to go to the DAPA (one had to attend Level I treatment), which I had to document in their white jacket.   Also, every one of the 13 individuals' white cards had to have the event documented in detail for future reference (if needed) at NPS and NPTU, which took two days to complete.

To change gears a bit, I wanted to illustrate that although you think I gave a sterling example:  "Of how to save guys from getting kicked out of the program also demonstrates one of the things wrong with "fixing" things at the lowest possible level."  This is not a one size fits all world.

By what you wrote, I assume you believe all performance issues need to be handled by someone at a higher level to ensure they are appropriately handled.  When I was at NSSF, yet another Submariner-infested command, it seems that this idea was very rampant.  So, I guess it may be a sub-culture philosophy.  Nonetheless, to the point==>  There was a discrimination complaint against the command that the majority of personnel going to Captain's Mast were black.  Investigation found that this was indeed true, more than 2:1 blacks versus whites--BUT--they were dismissed at that same ratio.  The whites were twice as likely to be awarded punishment than the blacks.  What was learned from this was that the middle managers (read CPOs) didn't want to deal with the black sailors and opted to have the CO  sort things out.  He did. 

There was a wake like what must have been seen at the parting of the Red Sea.  The CO promised a personal chat with every CPO and DIVO prior to mast to glean the merits of the case.  Subsequent EEO surveys showed that the perception of discrimination was squashed and the average mast numbers stayed about even for the whites and dropped by about 60% for the blacks.

I hope I illuminated the situation a bit more such that your sense of justice no longer feels violated.

deltarho

DR,
You are right, I wasn't there.  You bring up some interesting points along with some opinions that are better CPO quarters discussions.  I must say that your disdain for submariners is obvious.  Why aren't there more surface nukes at NNPS?  Is that the submariners fault?  My guess is that they simply can't or won't meet the requirements to screen for duty.

To say submariners pass all problems to higher level is hogwash.  13 students engaged in underaged drinking is not something that falls under let the Chief handle it, in my opinion.  Your NSSF example is an entirely different subject. 

Your other anecdotes are examples of other ways to skin a cat.  For example, if I were to make an underage drinker write an essay, I would make him write a letter to a make believe mother of the person he killed, explaining why he chose to ignore all the training he had received warning him of the pitfalls of drinking.  I did a similar thing to a guy who violated electrical safety requirements.  No, I didn't turn him in to the CO.

When I was a section advisor I was responsible for writing up the mast package and submitting it up the COC.  It was a lot of work.

Your policy of allowing students to request 35's to stay out of trouble is not as big a deal as I made of it.

Most CO's I've ever had asked for mitigating circumstances before rendering judgment.

Your NJP argument is weak.  If a different section advisor wrote up an underage drinker up and the CO took money or withheld advancement, the accused would have grounds for appeal based on your students getting EMI for the same offense.  There is no 51% burden of proof requirement for NJP.  There can be 99%, or even a 100% proof of guilt and the CO can still dismiss the charges.    For a serious charge, if there's a chance of guilt the CO can find guilty of a lesser charge or pass it on to the JAG.

Great discussion to have over a beer at the club or over a cribbage board in the CPO quarters.

DM
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #31 on: Oct 22, 2008, 12:11 »
DR,
I must say that your disdain for submariners is obvious. 

To say submariners pass all problems to higher level is hogwash.  13 students engaged in underaged drinking is not something that falls under let the Chief handle it, in my opinion.  DM

No disdain at all.  I purposefully included these comments tongue-in-cheek to illustrate that a written forum is more susceptible to reader prejudice and filters.  Why?

Well, experts say that communication is composed of different methods: words, voice, tone, and nonverbal clues.  According to research, in a conversation or verbal (of words) exchange:

Words are 7% effective
Tone of voice is 38% effective
Nonverbal clues are 55% effective, which include:

• Body language (you cannot see me),
• Emotion of the sender and receiver (you cannot hear me),
• Other connections between the people (e.g., friends, enemies, professional similarities or differences, personal similarities or differences, age similarities or differences, philosophical similarities or differences, attitudes, expectations) all emphasis mine.

In other words, WHAT you say is not nearly as important as HOW you say it!  And so, in a forum environment such as this, one must understand that, by default, everyone is about 7% effective in communicating.  Perhaps the root cause to your rush to judgement.

As for your opinion about at what level the problem should have been handled, I thought I made it clear (but probably was only 7% successful) that the Department Head came to me asking for my recommendation, not the other way around.

As for having a beer together, I hope to never again be in South East Connecticut--especially in the Groton/New London area.  I won't even go to Foxwoods or the Mohegan Sun.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2008, 12:14 by deltarho »
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #32 on: Oct 22, 2008, 12:29 »
Lets see

Deltharho's Stream

____
             /        \
     O    /            \
     \l/ /               \
      l /                  \
     /\                     X
SubnukeDerek's Stream
               ____
             /        \
     O    /            \
     \l/ /               \
      l /                  \
     /\                     X

Both yellow streams look even to me, I guess that means it is a draw.
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2008, 12:33 by Preciousblue1965 »
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #33 on: Oct 22, 2008, 02:06 »
I thought I made it clear (but probably was only 7% successful)

decay heat after shutdown? ;)

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #34 on: Oct 22, 2008, 05:46 »
Lets see

Deltharho's Stream

____
             /        \
     O    /            \
     \l/ /               \
      l /                  \
     /\                     X
SubnukeDerek's Stream
               ____
             /        \
     O    /            \
     \l/ /               \
      l /                  \
     /\                     X

Funny..... +K to you
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Oct 22, 2008, 05:59 »
Lets see

Deltharho's Stream

____
             /        \
     O    /            \
     \l/ /               \
      l /                  \
     /\                     X
SubnukeDerek's Stream
               ____
             /        \
     O    /            \
     \l/ /               \
      l /                  \
     /\                     X

I am appalled by this.  It is not accurate.  Deltarho is standing while he pees.  :)

DM

T. Roosevelt

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #36 on: Oct 22, 2008, 06:34 »
No disdain at all.  I purposefully included these comments tongue-in-cheek to illustrate that a written forum is more susceptible to reader prejudice and filters.  Why?

Well, experts say that communication is composed of different methods: words, voice, tone, and nonverbal clues.  According to research, in a conversation or verbal (of words) exchange:

Words are 7% effective
Tone of voice is 38% effective
Nonverbal clues are 55% effective, which include:

• Body language (you cannot see me),
• Emotion of the sender and receiver (you cannot hear me),
• Other connections between the people (e.g., friends, enemies, professional similarities or differences, personal similarities or differences, age similarities or differences, philosophical similarities or differences, attitudes, expectations) all emphasis mine.

In other words, WHAT you say is not nearly as important as HOW you say it!  And so, in a forum environment such as this, one must understand that, by default, everyone is about 7% effective in communicating.  Perhaps the root cause to your rush to judgement.

As for your opinion about at what level the problem should have been handled, I thought I made it clear (but probably was only 7% successful) that the Department Head came to me asking for my recommendation, not the other way around.

As for having a beer together, I hope to never again be in South East Connecticut--especially in the Groton/New London area.  I won't even go to Foxwoods or the Mohegan Sun.

Cheers!

DR,
You are too smart for me.  Department Head came to you?  The more I think about this, the more it reaks.  In my "rush to judgment" and attempt to limit the length of my response, I didn't ask some other questions:
1.  Where did they get the beer?
2.  How did they get caught?
3.  Did the department head make the call on this?  Was the CMC involved with the decision for EMI and "hard card entries"?
4.  If only one guy went to alcohol treatment, how would the command handle a second alcohol-related incident from one of the other ten?

Like you said I wasn't there.  If I was in this situation I think, based on my limited knowledge of the situation, I think I would have likely written them all up.  If I thought they were worth saving, I would tell that to the CMC, XO, and CO.  I would prefer the CO tell each of them that the only reason they were being retained and not busted, was due to their potential and strong recommendation of the section advisor.  I would make darn sure that each guy was screened for alcohol dependency so that I knew I wasn't passing this problem to NPTU or the fleet.  During my first tour I would have given each of them 3.4 in two areas of their eval.  This would prevent them from volunteering subs.  During my second tour, I'm not sure how NJP got documented, or if it would be sub disqualifying. 

BTW during my section advisor tour I had an underage drinker get busted at mast about week 4.  He was screened by the DAPA and became a model student and leader, by example, in the classroom.  Just before graduation, he got his crow back.  While on leave between NPS and NPTU, he got a DUI on leave in Georgia.  The day he was supposed to drive off for NPTU he went into his parents house, grabbed a gun, got in the car with the motor running and shot himself in the head.  His training folder was gone over with a fine tooth comb to make sure we had done everything possible to prevent this tragedy.  Though I was never accused of any wrong doing, the NCIS guys basically implied that I could have prevented this if I had "really" cared about the guy and got him the help he obviously needed.  Hard pill for a boot Chief to swallow.  That was in 1992.

DM
T. Roosevelt

sunman

« Reply #37 on: Dec 12, 2008, 07:26 »
Hi Vanguard_Blue,

I might be too late in posting this, as you may have already made your decision.  Anyhow, I just happened to see your posting and, as it so happens, had just completed an article that I felt might help.

First, I'll just say that you need to go in 'clean' -- no cover-ups.  My suggestion is, that after reading the following, make your decision based on truth and take it from there...here we go:   

Summary of Article:  With reference to ADHD -- meaning people, in the main, with attention, behavior and learning problems. There is a lot of contention with the populace as to whether psychiatric drug treatment is the route to take in treating ADHD, or holistic/nutritional/medical treatment, (without the use of psychiatric drugs).  This article gives insight on both forms of treatment together with suggestions on how to decide which treatment is best.

So-called “ADHD” (Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) was classified and voted into existence in 1987 by the American Psychiatric Association (APA).

In the main, ADHD relates to people having attention, behavior and learning problems.  These type problems, of course, have been around since time immemorial!  Treating these type problems the psychiatric way, involves the prescribing of potentially very high-risk drugs (like Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, etc.)

Alternative methods for treating people with attention, behavior and learning problems (ADHD) is holistic/nutritional/medical, without the use of psychiatric drugs.

Based on the research I’ve carried out, there is contention, (disagreement and arguments), within the public marketplace as to which route to take, either: 1) The psychiatric way with their drugs or: 2) The holistic/nutritional/medical way, without the use of psychiatric drugs.         

At the end of the day, to arrive at a rational conclusion on this problem, (as with any situation in life), statistics need to be viewed to evaluate the best course of action to take -- either treatment program 1) or 2) above.  This evaluation to include: 1) The effects created from ingesting psychiatric drugs, prescribed for attention, behavior and learning problems, or similar ('ADHD').  And: 2) The effects created from alternative treatment methods, (holistic/nutritional/medical), without the use of psychiatric drugs.

My conclusions from statistics viewed, (arrived at after intense research carried out), are as follows:

1) Without question, the ingestion of psychiatric drugs is a 'hit or miss' affair or ‘a shot in the dark.’  These drugs, (Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, and similar) -- even though, possibly at times, giving the apparency of ‘working,’ have potentially high-risks of adverse effect(s) occurring, (short or long term).
So, is this type of treatment a method with overall safety and a 'fair bet'?

Compared to:

2) Holistic/nutritional/medical - (as outlined in Dr. Mary Ann Block's book ‘No More ADHD,’ and similarly by many other Dr’s. of her ilk across the world).  These methods involve locating the source of the problem, and treating accordingly (without, of course, the use of psychiatric drugs).  These actions are a least intrusive methodology, without any 'potential high-risks' involved.
Do these types of treatment methods provide overall safety and are they fair bets?

Result of 1) above -- with statistics of uncertainty as regards the outcome, (based on the suffering that has occurred and is continuing to occur), this is an unfair bet and carries with it a high-risk potential for suffering!

Result of 2) above -- with very good, continued statistics of success from these types of treatments, this is a fair bet and very safe!

Conclusion:  The action of ingesting psychiatric drugs is potentially dangerous!
The action of locating a very good holistic/nutritional/medical Dr., (that carries out similar successful actions as Dr. Mary Ann Block), that has a past high success rate in treating patients with attention, behavior, learning or similar problems (without the use of psychiatric drugs) is the way to go!

My recommendation: anybody with attention, behavior or learning problems, carry out the necessary research to arrive at their own rational conclusion as to what course of action to take in treating the problem.

Or, if anybody is already taking psychiatric drugs for these or similar problems, I recommend they, or somebody on their behalf, carry out new or further research and arrive at a rational conclusion as to what course of action to take.

You should be able to obtain sufficient statistics from research on the Internet.

All the very best,

sunman

I became alert to the problems of the mislabeling of ADHD (Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) and the prescribing of psychiatric mind-altering drugs, like Ritalin, to our children, when a very good teacher friend of mine told me about the various problems several of her students were having taking the drug Ritalin. I then read Dr. Mary Ann Block's book 'No More ADHD' which gave startling information on the horrendous potential harmful effects created by these type psychiatric drugs and at the same time gave excellent alternative solutions in assisting children with attention, behavior and learning problems - please read a report at http://www.adhdtruth.com

In my further research I came across many resources for alternative effective help, including Drs. and like professionals, many books on the subject, Drug prevention, Education resources and so on. Please visit: http://www.adhdtruth.com/testimonials.html web page to view the many resources available.

After gaining insight into this very uncool state of affairs, I felt it my duty to inform as many people as possible of this catastrophe in the making.  My reasoning:
This generation and future generations of children are in extreme danger!  This in turn places everybody else in danger!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?