Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Am I eligible for Q clearance? honeypot

Author Topic: Am I eligible for Q clearance?  (Read 5381 times)

Consultant08

Am I eligible for Q clearance?
« on: Oct 14, 2008, 07:30 »
Short version:

Year 2000 (age 18) - possession of drug paraphanelia (marijuana), guilty plea.
Year 2001 (age 19) - felony possession with intent to distribute (marijuana), guilty plea - expungement process is currently ongoing.
Year 2006 (age 24) - arrest for disorderly conduct.  Complete bullsh*t charge, being harassed by a drunk after a wedding party and I pushed him out of the way.  Case was dismissed.

No convictions since, no drug use since the end of college (2006).  Successfully employed at government facilities since that did not require a clearance.  Limited alcohol use, no more than any normal person in their mid-20s.  Only debt is student loans and a mortgage - credit score over 700.

Yay or nay?

thenuttyneutron

Re: Am I eligible for Q clearance?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2008, 08:03 »
I think if it has been 7 years or back to your 16th birthday (which ever is shorter), just a marijuana possession would be ok.  I think the Felony is the only issue here.  I think that felony may be a deal breaker.

If it costs you nothing to apply for it, just try it out.  Just be 100% honest about everything on that form.

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2008, 08:11 by The Nutty Neutron »

alexio

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2008, 08:13 »
Just be honest when you fill out the forms, it is done online know so don't think they will not find those charges, because they will. As long as you tell them and they don't find them you should be fine.

Good luck 8)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2008, 08:55 »
100 quatloos against the newcomer

Consultant08

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2008, 02:01 »
Thanks all - I was a bit nervous.  I already have a great job but just got recruited for this new one.  Found out today there is no Q clearance requirement but there could be one in my distant future if I ever decide to pursue a separate career with the Department of Energy.  The felony will be expunged and possibly sealed soon (in the process now).  Embarassing nonetheless but you have to think after a certain period of time, a guy can become respectable again.  I'm extremely successful for my age despite everything I've done wrong.  I would never lie about it; I never have.  As a matter of fact, I've went out of my way to tell every employer I've had so far about the charges even though a couple of them didn't ask.  Get that monkey off my back quick and early - so far it hasn't affected anything.  I wouldn't hesitate to apply for that job in the future.  Being turned down for a job (for the first time) would be about the easiest part of that ugly process several years back.

Cheers.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?