Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu CHP and NRRPT Test Prep Courses Online honeypot

Author Topic: CHP and NRRPT Test Prep Courses Online  (Read 16641 times)

CSURam

CHP and NRRPT Test Prep Courses Online
« on: Oct 23, 2008, 08:20 »
Dropped in to mention that Continuing Education at Colorado State University now has completely online versions of both CHP and NRRPT test prep classes online.

CSU's Dr. Tom Johnson teaches the CHP course, which starts every January: 
http://www.learn.colostate.edu/courses/EDLL/EDLL2005.dot

Mike Davidson of Chesapeake Nuclear teaches the NRRPT course twice a year:
http://www.learn.colostate.edu/courses/EDLL/EDLL2004.dot

Dr. Johnson also teaches an online non-ionizing radiation course:
http://www.learn.colostate.edu/courses/EDLL/EDLL2006.dot

(There's an academic credit version of that non-ionizing course too, but it's probably not relevant for this forum.)

We're really happy to have these courses available completely online - reception to them has been good - so I wanted to let you folks know about them.  Thanks..........

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
Re: CHP and NRRPT Test Prep Courses Online
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2008, 10:49 »
Excellent post. I am actually thinking of going CHP...God, I'll hate myself in the morning.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2008, 05:07 »
PHURST,  I would recomend the experience.  I took it last July(still don't have results)  Regardless of whether I passed or not the time spent was good for me.  I actually learned some new stuff-- its always good to get a bit of mental exersize.  Go ahead and take both parts if you can.  Makes for a really long day but by then you will have spent hundreds of hours getting ready might as well give yourself as many chances to pass as possible.
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

CSURam

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2008, 03:17 »
Thanks for the good words.

We've received a number of thank-you letters from people in the last class who passed the test.  Seems like the class participants are doing very well!

The next online course starts January 26, 2009.  The class link is the same:
http://www.learn.colostate.edu/courses/EDLL/EDLL2005.dot

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2008, 07:42 »
I passed part 1 last year Using the Data Chem and Nevada Technical CHP training Disks.   I think I will take the part 2 in 2010 and take the Colorado State Course. 

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2008, 08:49 »
Has anyone taken the NRRPT course through CSU online?  How does the material presented work with real life experiences.  Wher you successful in passing the NRRPT?

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2008, 09:22 »
I passed part 1 last year Using the Data Chem and Nevada Technical CHP training Disks.   I think I will take the part 2 in 2010 and take the Colorado State Course. 

I also recommend these folks  http://www.radiationsafetyacademy.com/chp.html .
I passed both parts of CHP this summer after taking their class.  They also offered a discount if you were not sent by your company. 
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2008, 10:38 by grantime »
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2008, 01:27 »
great informational thread..right on !!!!!!!!! i think i may contact this co and take  part in this seminar/training module.

kath
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

CSURam

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2008, 01:32 »
Has anyone taken the NRRPT course through CSU online?  How does the material presented work with real life experiences.  Wher you successful in passing the NRRPT?

If you have any questions about the NRRPT class, feel free to email Mike Davidson, the instructor.  He's a nice guy and good to work with.  His email is: mdavidson@chesnuc.com

Offline merc_man

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:40 »
I took the NRRPT class in June, at CSU. They were taping the class for the online course.The class was excellent, i would highly recommend.Great job, Mike and Tom. I passed the test in august

CSURam

« Reply #10 on: Aug 04, 2009, 11:28 »
Thanks MercMan - I hadn't checked the thread for a while, but I appreciate the good words.

For the first time, we're running a fall section of the CHP prep course.  It started this week (8/3), but if anyone needs to get in, they could contact Dr. Tom Johnson at tj@colostate.edu this week and I'm pretty sure he would clear them to enroll.  We don't like to let people in too late because of the work load.

In addition to the CHP and NRRPT prep classes, we're planning to add some new short courses this fall and winder.  I'll post info when we firm up plans.

In the meantime, you can always check the website at learn.colostate.edu and look for the noncredit Radiation Safety courses:

http://www.learn.colostate.edu/onlinedistance/noncredit-courses.dot

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?