Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Electronic logs for operators

Author Topic: Electronic logs for operators  (Read 6453 times)

Offline hplynn

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Electronic logs for operators
« on: Oct 27, 2008, 09:07 »
I'm trying to benchmark the various electronic log taking software being used in the commercial nuclear industry. I would be interested in knowing:

1. What plant?
2. What software?
3. What department/craft?

Any other information would be very helpful as well, such as: pros and cons, whether it is part of an integrated package, i.e. ESOMS used for logs, work control, inventory, etc. and how you or your department use it.

I appreciate any feedback ya'll have to offer. Thanks!

bheinz

Re: Electronic logs for operators
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2008, 02:05 »
At VY we use ESOMs. I'm not the computer type, so I can't tell you all the nitty gritty things but here are a few things. We use the Dell handhelds to take our operator rounds, both in the Control Room and the plant. It's a great set up. make sure you invest in some hardy handhelds. They will get dropped, a lot. Some hard rhino cases for them won't be a bad idea either.

xro

Re: Electronic logs for operators
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2008, 12:30 »
North Anna.  We had the Dells, which were nice and slid right into a shirt pocket, but did away with them due to durability problems.  Now we use Micropalms, much bigger, but you can drop them from great heights and they still work.  ESOMS for all logs and it is gradually being assimilated by work control, for tagging.  Contact thomas.boergert@dom.com for handheld questions and christopher.call@dom.com for ESOMS questions.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?