Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu IE7 Phishing Filter

Author Topic: IE7 Phishing Filter  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
IE7 Phishing Filter
« on: Oct 29, 2008, 10:34 »
I recently moved to a location without DSL or Cable internet.  Instead I have to use a Sprint Data card for internet.  This data card does a great job.  -- However, I have noticed NukeWorker and other sites load slower.  -- I then noticed that while I waiting for NukeWorker to load, Internet Explorers' phishing filter was checking the website and checking some slow phishing database site.  It wasn’t NukeWorker’s fault at all!  THAT was what was making it load slowly.

I turned it off, and the site loads much faster now.

Just one more reason for those IE haters to hate IE.  I'm a fan of IE, but I'm not happy with the speed hit of the phishing filter.

Microsoft has included the Phishing Filter in Internet Explorer 7 to protect against phishing sites. The Phishing Filter automatically checks the Web sites you visit against a list of sites that have been identified as phishing sites. If the site has been identified as a phishing site, Internet Explorer will warn you of this.

Although not recommended, you can turn off automatic checking of Web sites and check them manually or you can disable the Phishing Filter all together.

To disable automatic Web site checking:

Within Internet Explorer, click Internet Options from the Tools menu.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under the phishing filter, select Turn off automatic Website checking.
Click OK.
To disable the Phishing Filter, complete steps 1 through 3 listed above, selecting the option to Disable Phishing Filter.
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2008, 10:39 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?