Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke AEO Math test??

Author Topic: Nuke AEO Math test??  (Read 3440 times)

nrs_beavervalley

Nuke AEO Math test??
« on: Oct 29, 2008, 12:10 »
I was called for a position as a Nuclear AEO and I recieved a package from the company. They said that I first have to take a math test and if I pass it with an 80% I can then take the POSS/MASS test. In the package there was a CD with a lot of study material on it, everything from basic Algebra up to Trig. Does anybody have any info on experience with this particular test?

JustinHEMI05

Re: Nuke AEO Math test??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2008, 09:57 »
If I remember correctly, it is as your package describes. Basic math. But after the test, you will think it was the hardest thing ever. Mostly because, at least at my company, you couldn't use a calculator. Not sure what that proves since I am not aware of anywhere that anything is done without a computer/calculator. So being timed, and doing things like long division manually... sucks. When I got done (I didn't finish, btw), I thought I failed. I thought for sure I was gonna be a burger flipper the rest of my life. Sorry to scare you, but if it is the same as what I took, you better hit that material they sent hard. Nice of them to provide for you. Oh ya, figure out what radians are too. Good luck and keep us posted!

Justin

Offline nathaneltrct

• Light User
Re: Nuke AEO Math test??
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2009, 09:13 »
Good morning all, I have slightly more information on this thread, and also have additional inquiry as to the scope of the math test as referenced in the original post above. I spoke with the Operations Manager about future AEO positions at Beaver Valley/Shippingport, and I will paraphrase to the best of my ability. He was saying (based on my limited knowledge) of AEO's that pass the POSS and are hired, towards the end of qualifications they would have problems with electrical portions of the course, being the math involved. So they are giving an additional math test after passing the POSS (his words) to make sure they do not waste their time on people that cannot do the course matter. He said something about trigonometry, and possibly calculus but I didn't ask further questions (I'll smite myself) and other more difficult math. I am desiring any knowledge had by recent takers of said extra test beyond the POSS, so I can hopefully get the nose to the grindstone on the materials I need/want to study. I have spent 44 odd hours reading/searching on the site, and I haven't come across this information using search function so that being said, thank you all in advance for advice of all forms, constructive or otherwise.
Above all, don't fear difficult moments, the best comes from them. -Rita Levi Montalcini

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?