Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nukeworkers & Valid Physical Disabilities? honeypot

Author Topic: Nukeworkers & Valid Physical Disabilities?  (Read 7487 times)

atom_08

Nukeworkers & Valid Physical Disabilities?
« on: Oct 30, 2008, 02:20 »
Just a quick question (or two).  Any nukeworkers out there feel they are being discriminated against because of a valid disability.  OK to mention about disabilities in one's performance evaluation?  Site coordinators - being helpful or hurtfull?  What is Bartletts stance on individuals with disability(s) and employment? :)

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
Re: Nukeworkers & Valid Physical Disabilities?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2008, 04:05 »
I memory serves me, when the RFOs (Request for Services) are issued they normally have stipulations as to what  a perosn can do.  It may being able to lift 50 pounds or maybe being able to wear a respirator.  That makes it very hard for a staffing company (which the major players are) to staff personnel with disabilities.  I'm very deaf, that never stopped me, but then again no one asked and even better no one really ever knew unless I told them.  Best of luck to you.
LM

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2008, 06:28 »
You might want to Google the " Americans with Disabilities Act " and "reasonable accommodation" . The employer can choose to not hire you, or move you out of a job position IF they cannot reasonably accommodate you due to your disability; however, this is only true if your disability makes you unable to perform a Bona-fide Condition of Employment that comes straight out of the job's Position Description. Do these conditions apply in your situation?

As far as affecting performance evaluations, it isn't really legal for the disability to affect this one way or the other, you are either qualified for the position and performing the task, or you aren't.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2008, 09:17 »
Just a quick question (or two).  Any nukeworkers out there feel they are being discriminated against because of a valid disability.  OK to mention about disabilities in one's performance evaluation?  Site coordinators - being helpful or hurtfull?  What is Bartletts stance on individuals with disability(s) and employment? :)

yinz a law year?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2008, 10:07 »
yinz a law year?

That was my guess too
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2008, 10:29 »
That was my guess too

wail hail, sum buddy gotta axe da dum questions
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2008, 02:10 »
And no one asks questions quite like you do....
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2008, 05:49 »
I'm seeing INFO-MERCIALS in our future!   :D

RG!

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2008, 06:03 »
You forgot the mirror test, which is now optional!

RG

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?