News and Discussions > Nuke Community

Nukeworkers & Valid Physical Disabilities?

(1/2) > >>

atom_08:
Just a quick question (or two).  Any nukeworkers out there feel they are being discriminated against because of a valid disability.  OK to mention about disabilities in one's performance evaluation?  Site coordinators - being helpful or hurtfull?  What is Bartletts stance on individuals with disability(s) and employment? :)

Laundry Man:
I memory serves me, when the RFOs (Request for Services) are issued they normally have stipulations as to what  a perosn can do.  It may being able to lift 50 pounds or maybe being able to wear a respirator.  That makes it very hard for a staffing company (which the major players are) to staff personnel with disabilities.  I'm very deaf, that never stopped me, but then again no one asked and even better no one really ever knew unless I told them.  Best of luck to you.
LM

HydroDave63:
You might want to Google the " Americans with Disabilities Act " and "reasonable accommodation" . The employer can choose to not hire you, or move you out of a job position IF they cannot reasonably accommodate you due to your disability; however, this is only true if your disability makes you unable to perform a Bona-fide Condition of Employment that comes straight out of the job's Position Description. Do these conditions apply in your situation?

As far as affecting performance evaluations, it isn't really legal for the disability to affect this one way or the other, you are either qualified for the position and performing the task, or you aren't.

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: atom_08 on Oct 30, 2008, 02:20 ---Just a quick question (or two).  Any nukeworkers out there feel they are being discriminated against because of a valid disability.  OK to mention about disabilities in one's performance evaluation?  Site coordinators - being helpful or hurtfull?  What is Bartletts stance on individuals with disability(s) and employment? :)

--- End quote ---

yinz a law year?

grantime:

--- Quote from: SloGlo on Oct 30, 2008, 09:17 ---yinz a law year?

--- End quote ---

That was my guess too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version