Facility & Company Information > Bartlett

Split from DZ Atlantic Message

(1/4) > >>

Eric_Bartlett:

--- Quote from: MR BIG on Oct 29, 2008, 11:57 ---Are you serious? More friendly? You better talk to people that have been in this business more than 3 years. Unless there has been a miracle, the people yeah. The company? Be afraid be very afraid.
Just some advice from someone who has been in the business for 30 yrs.

--- End quote ---

C'mon now Mark, Mr. BIG we haven't treated ya that badly have we?  If we have treated ya wrong let me know what we did (or didn't do) so I can try and rectify it so it never happens again...

Eric

MR BIG:

--- Quote from: Eric_Bartlett on Oct 30, 2008, 02:56 ---C'mon now Mark, Mr. BIG we haven't treated ya that badly have we?  If we have treated ya wrong let me know what we did (or didn't do) so I can try and rectify it so it never happens again...

Eric

--- End quote ---

Eric,
First let me apologize. YOU have always treated me right. As far as I know, you have been straight up and honest with me. But seriously, 90% of your staff is NOT telling the people the truth. Not submitting resumes for plants unless they agree to go to some other outage that they are required to go to. And if they don't they don't get into the plant they ask for. Just talk to some (ALOT) of techs that don't work for you very often. There is a reason they don't work for you regularly. It's because of the way they are treated from the recruiters. I understand.....you probably aren't aware of everything. It's impossible to keep up with all of it. You are a big company. But you would draw a lot of faithful, loyal people if your recruiters would stop controlling and demanding when and where people go. I mean I know dozens of techs that have worked for DZ only because you guys didn't have anything at the time and they needed to work to pay their bills or refused to submit a resume, and when your office found out that they were working for THE COMPETITION, they were so called "black balled" from any of your outages.....unless you were desperate for a warm body and then they might call you. Eric, that's just not right. And I don't believe YOU are that way. But believe me, your people are doing it, and doing it to alot of GOOD techs. I just thought you should know. Maybe you do. But I don't think you know the extent of how some of your people are alientating good people away from your outages. I would really like to work at some of your plants, but I know how I am treated. I have been doing this for 30 years and I am a good tech. I have NEVER had a no show..... I finish every outage without leaving early. I AM loyal to the people I work for. But it has to be a two way street. You guys have to take care of us also and be loyal. And not hang it over our heads if at brief times we need to work for DZ if you don't have anything at the time that we need work. We have to put food on the table. And it should be across the board as much as possible, and not just for a handful of the "CHOSEN". I realize alot has been said here, and if you need to PM me with your reply I understand. But I would be interested in hearing your opinion on this.

Thanks for responding to my original post. I may have been a little harsh, but I wanted someone from Bartlett to respond to it. I guess I got my results. Again forgive me if I directed anything personal towards you.  That wasn't my intent. I just wanted to try and shed some light on your people. I know....I have owned 3 businesses. I can't change my company for the better unless I know all the facts and realize there IS a need to make it better. I just thought you should know, so if you can make the changes to improve your company, you can do that. Just some input that I thought might be helpful.

Thanks!
Mark

dosetek:
The truth comes out. :(

RAD-GHOST:
EB,

Better sit down for this.......

........I'm still impressed, 7+ weeks, gotta be a record!

RG!

Camella Black:
I'd like to address an issue I have with some at the home office. While I am NOT employed by Bartlett, I believe that Henry has worked long enough and I have dealt with the company enough to be treated with more respect that I was the last two times I spoke with someone on the phone.

The staff need to be better trained in phone/people skills in my opinion. Perhaps it is my Southern upbringing but friendly responses such as yes, you're welcome, thank you, etc should be used instead of yeah or no reply at all. I also believe it is proper to say good-bye on the telephone instead of just hanging up.

I worked a number of years for PSESI and have dealt with a many companies in the 30+ years I have been around this business and some at the office of Bartlett are just down right rude!

To Tricia/Trisha thanks for the help and the great attitude!

Camella

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version