Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Arriving in San Diego - What to bring to a carrier?

Author Topic: Arriving in San Diego - What to bring to a carrier?  (Read 23973 times)

Offline Pirate Bob

• Light User
Re: Arriving in San Diego - What to bring to a carrier?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 19, 2008, 04:04 »
 :P :P :P
Har har.  Even an ET knows that relative bearing grease doesn't have a high enough viscosity to work on doors.

Yea our ships store had a wide variety of items.  One of those food items was ramen noodles.  I will NEVER get over the visual images of guys eating those things still in brick form while sprinkling the powder seasoning on before each bite.

Pirate bob, in order to get into the bowling alley you first have to get an India Delta 10 Tango form from a locker located behind the shaft seals, at least that is where we kept it on my old ship.  Now in order to get to that locker you are going to have to distract those seals.  I highly recommend fish.  The M-Div guys have a bucket full of fish from the mess decks for just that purpose.  Just ask them for the fish to feed the shaft seals.  Now after you fill out that form, take it to the Electricians to review. They will point you in the right direction.  Now the door to the bowling alley usually is hard to open so you may have to use some grease on it.  I think the PM card calls for relative bearing grease, which means you may have to go to the HAZMAT hold to get some.  Once you get the door greased, you should be good to go.  Just remember to account for the list and trim of the ship when throwing the ball.  People who throw more than 2 gutter balls have to stand mail buoy watch for an entire week on the port side RHIB sponson.  It really stinks becuase you have to be in full survival gear incase you get pulled into the drink. 

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #26 on: Dec 19, 2008, 11:18 »
It would be cool if you guys were like this towards the male members of the site.... '

bob- > get studying nub, you have big shoes to fill.

Offline Pirate Bob

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Dec 22, 2008, 09:45 »
As soon as I get back to the ship I promise to get cracking.  I'm trying to get qualified before May (BNEQ and log recorder).  Right now I'm on leave, so since I would never ever dream of taking confidential material off the ship, I'm taking my leave very seriously.   8)

It would be cool if you guys were like this towards the male members of the site.... '

bob- > get studying nub, you have big shoes to fill.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2008, 12:24 »
As soon as I get back to the ship I promise to get cracking.  I'm trying to get qualified before May (BNEQ and log recorder).  Right now I'm on leave, so since I would never ever dream of taking confidential material off the ship, I'm taking my leave very seriously.   8)

Since when do they let nubs take leave?

Geez, taking "kinder gentler" a little far eh?

Justin
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2008, 12:24 by JustinHEMI »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #29 on: Dec 23, 2008, 12:52 »
Since when do they let nubs take leave?

Geez, taking "kinder gentler" a little far eh?

Justin

your "stress card" is turning orange.....

ET3Callhooon

« Reply #30 on: Dec 25, 2008, 12:11 »
#1 most important thing to have is a positive attitude.  Start off on a good foot, don't piss off senior qualified guys they can make your qual process and life hell if you do.  Get use to standing in lines and dealing with mouthbreathing topsiders.  Bring 2 sets of Utiligays max, the new NWU is coming soon anyway but don't hold your breath.  6 sets of coveralls will do, dedicate 1 soley for painting cause you'll be doing that.  Pick up some SHOWER SHOES, alarm clock(s).  Short sleeves are not authorized to wear on carriers.  Are you going to the Nimitz or Carl V?

Offline nadinno

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2008, 06:08 »
If your still on leave then go watch this. 
http://www.pbs.org/weta/carrier/

As far as uniform stuff-  Poopy suits are a godsend.  Bring or get as many as you can reasonable fit.  Seabag inspections usually only happens when you get in trouble and are headed for mast.  Even if you don't think you will ever get in trouble make sure you have everything on that list.  If you do get the inspection and don't have everything it is one more thing that they will use against you and will cause you that much more stress as you go around the boat trying to beg borrow and steal for your missing seabag items. 

Another tip:  Roll your poopy suits up when you store them in your locker. They will fit better.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2008, 06:22 by nadinno »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?