Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SRO Incentive Pay and License Bonus  

Author Topic: SRO Incentive Pay and License Bonus  (Read 11164 times)

Jayhaykaycay

SRO Incentive Pay and License Bonus
« on: Nov 04, 2008, 10:35 »
Most job discriptions for SRO positions advertise a base salary + Incentive Pay + License Bonus. I realize that it probably differs from plant to plant, but would someone please break down how the incentive pay and bonus works. Are they annual once qualified? How much typically?

JustinHEMI05

Re: SRO Incentive Pay and License Bonus
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2008, 11:55 »
At my plant, incentive pay is an annual bonus (everyone gets one to a different degree depending on position and evals). License bonus is an amount above base salary, paid per pay check which is biweekly here.

Justin

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2008, 03:43 »
Many plants offer a reduced incentive bonus until you license. License bonus is received after you actually prove you can play in the big leagues. My former utility payed 1/2 the bonus every 6 months. My current utility breaks it down into your paycheck. The later lets you keep more of your bonus as the former assumes you made all that money on the same day and taxes it accordingly. Also DTE would dock a portion of your bonus if you failed requal.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2008, 05:08 »
Yep forgot to mention that. While in class, I am drawing 2/3rds of the license bonus. Get the full bonus upon licensing. Also, most places pay incentives for passing certain milestones during ILT.

Justin

number41

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2009, 09:11 »
Yes, I know this is old, but I've been busy so cut me a break!  Anyway, we get 75% of normal license pay while in license class and it goes up once you qualify.  But the license "bonus" isn't a one time a year payment.  Our bonus is around $18k per year and that is basically divided up into an "hourly" rate.  So, if you even if you work overtime instead of a straight 40hr week, the bonus still figures into every paycheck as an extra $9 per hour, which makes it really sweet come outage time!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?