Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pat Barton honeypot

Author Topic: Pat Barton  (Read 6647 times)

Offline X-Nuke

• A nuke gone horribly wrong
  • Moderate User
  • Life just doesn't get any better than this!
Pat Barton
« on: Nov 05, 2008, 04:34 »

Pat Barton died October 30, 2008 from a stroke.  He was 52.  Pat cofounded Watts-Bar Jones Nuclear Consulting Services with me and worked on the startup of the Shoreham and Perry radiation monitoring systems as well as consulted at D.C. Cook, Hope Creek, Palo Verde and a number of DOE facilities. He had a Ph.D. in Health Physics from Purdue and would be familiar to any number of folks from the late 70s and early 80s.

Bill
Another day, another opportunity for excellence!

rabbit

Re: Pat Barton
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2008, 05:42 »
Never met the man myself, but my condolences to his family and the loss of your friend.

Offline bsdnuke

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2008, 06:17 »
I met Pat about twenty years ago or so.  This is a tragic loss to our profession.

Rad_Owl_2

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2008, 09:11 »
I knew Pat very well a few years ago.  He was the consummate professional and a good friend of mine.  Condolences to his wife, family and friends.  He will be missed by many.

Motown homey

« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2009, 12:18 »
I just wanted to mention that Pat Barton was the first guy I knew that ever discussed using Portal Monitors for "passive internal monitoring".  He did alot of work on this and I think he completed a thesis or disertation on the subject.  One very smart man that could think out of the box.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2009, 12:54 »
I worked with Pat at Perry when he was the corporate RPM.  The man was truly genius. Not just with Health Physics either.  I really admired him.   He was a very good friend.  I am very sorry to just hear this news. My condolances to his family

BoilerHP

« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2009, 01:00 »
My condolences to Pat's family and friends. As a recent graduate of Purdue Health Physics, Pat as an alumnus helped lay the foundation and future for those of us who followed, myself included . I send my utmost gratitude and thanks for all he has contributed to the health physics community.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?