Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu welder in need of some help!  

Author Topic: welder in need of some help!  (Read 5345 times)

nukewelder85

welder in need of some help!
« on: Nov 07, 2008, 02:08 »
hello all I'm new to this forum but it looks like it would be very helpful. I'm a pipe welder with experience in heavy wall pipe and i was just wanting to know the best way to get a chance at taking a weld test for a nuclear site. i have no problem with travel and will do what ever it takes to just get a test. i am very confident that i can pass it! thanks for any advice or info.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: welder in need of some help!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2008, 03:41 »
hello all I'm new to this forum but it looks like it would be very helpful. I'm a pipe welder with experience in heavy wall pipe and i was just wanting to know the best way to get a chance at taking a weld test for a nuclear site. i have no problem with travel and will do what ever it takes to just get a test. i am very confident that i can pass it! thanks for any advice or info.

Most sites bring in craft through the local union hall for ordiary outage work. Arrangements are made through the hall for certified welders. There is a thread that will help locate the appropriate local here - http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=13465.0

Much of the heavy wall code welding is done by specialty companies. They usually use machines.

There is also a job posting here on Nukeworker...http://www.nukeworker.com/job/details/job/7887/search/

Good luck.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

nukewelder85

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2008, 07:03 »
thank you so much!

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2008, 10:06 »
Areva in Lynchburg VA.
Shaw Group in Charlotte NC
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

nukewelder85

« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2008, 06:04 »
thanks guys any info is so much help!

jhv

« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2008, 10:50 »
Try getting with companies usually doing nuclear work, Shaw, Bechtel, Fluor, Westinghouse, AREVA, etc.  These would be your best bet for non-union work.  If you want to get into a nuke welding try other things as explained like joining a union or if you are a union member already, try traveling to nuke outages within a union jurisdication that is accepting travelers.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?