Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu color deficiency

Author Topic: color deficiency  (Read 7041 times)

shawn

color deficiency
« on: Nov 08, 2008, 06:19 »
What jobs require people to not have a color deficiency?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: color deficiency
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2008, 09:44 »
can you clarify what you want to know?

shawn

« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2008, 10:02 »
Will being color blind ruin my chance at being an operator or any other position at a nuclear plant?  I've been told that no color deficiency is a physical requirement.

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2008, 09:42 »
Yes it will.

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2008, 11:26 »
You should talk with Rich Helm.  His son had some kind of surgery to correct the problem so he could get a job in the Armed Services.  Not too sure the details but it worked.  I don't know his handle here or how to get a hold of him but someone out there should.  Try to reach him!
PS: Hi Rich.
NJ

CATCH22

« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2008, 03:47 »
My e-mail address is catch221949@msn.com
Richard Helm

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2008, 10:17 »
It depends on the severity of the deficiency.  I, like as many as 10% of men have a slight color deficiency called Deuteranomaly.  It is a common form of Anomalous trichromacy, and has no effect on my work.  I just have a hard time seeing some of the numbers in the circle of colored dots.  (the Ishihara test) Green and brown, sometimes even green and red are difficult to distinguish.  If this is your problem, you should get in okay.
If you are Dichromatic or Monochromatic your chances are slim.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2008, 05:23 »
If you can't pass the color blindness test on your physical you can't be an Operator.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2008, 05:31 »
Fortunately, this test does not require a 100% to pass.

Unfortunately, the test to get a license to operate a nuclear reactor doesn't either.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

CATCH22

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2008, 10:21 »

Offline sps

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2009, 04:31 »
I am color blind (can't pass the plate test) and I am wanting to know what jobs at a power plant do not require a pass on the color test, and or what jobs definitely do require a pass on the color test.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?