Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sr I&C tech salary  

Author Topic: Sr I&C tech salary  (Read 9522 times)

Trackman

Sr I&C tech salary
« on: Nov 15, 2008, 11:35 »
I'm a navy ET1 transitioning out in January.  I have a job interview next week for a position as a SR I&C Tech in NH.  I'm wondering what sort of salary I should expect, so I am ready to negotiate when it comes up in the interview.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2009, 11:59 by Rennhack »

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
Re: Sr I&C tech
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2008, 03:06 »
Most tech craft jobs start 25-30 depending on union/location, etc.

Many companies have a set salary progression for tech jobs. Within each step may be bands that you can negotiate, perhaps.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2008, 09:26 »
If it's a union position, the pay will be set in the contract. Moving expenses are about all you can negotiate.
If not union, there is room for negotiation.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline mach

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2008, 06:20 »
Check out www.ictechs.com

I currently work as a contractor. Been doing this for the past 2 years. It gives you a chance to see different areas and plants. rates are between $30-$43 with a respectable PD.

Trackman

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2008, 09:37 »
Thanks everyone for the help.

Mech, that sounds promising, but I don't know if I want to be traveling that much.  I've done enough of that in the Navy, I think it's time to settle down.

How is the job security if you are in the I&C department at a plant?

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2008, 03:43 »
Thanks everyone for the help.

Mech, that sounds promising, but I don't know if I want to be traveling that much.  I've done enough of that in the Navy, I think it's time to settle down.

How is the job security if you are in the I&C department at a plant?

I would say all jobs in the technical nuclear crafts have great job security. An aging workforce and planned nuclear expansions means no company wants to spend all that cash training you just to say goodbye later. I am not saying "staffing studies" don't happen, but OPs, Rad Pro, Maint, Chem, I/C techs are usually the last to go. Someone has to do the work.

Plus, there are NRC mandated numbers that OPs has to keep on watch/on shift at all times to support emergency what-ifs (Min-Staffing). How many clearance writers, procedure writers, and trainers is not mandated, but having a full watch team is, so guess where the job security is.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2008, 03:46 by Jason K »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?