Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Background Check. honeypot

Author Topic: Background Check.  (Read 11374 times)

turkdavid

Background Check.
« on: Nov 18, 2008, 12:14 »
Ok I will try to keep this short and easy. I passed the poss test and I will be contacted in the next couple months to do an interview. Where my concern is the background check.

March 2002 - Simple Assult/domestic vialance - Class B Misdemeanor
 - Ex wife and I got into an argument she pushed me I pushed back. I left and her and her friend thought It would be funny to call the cops - Busted

November 2002 - Criminal Mischief - Class A Misdemeanor
 - Another confertation with ex wife - resulted in both of our cars vandalized by both of us.

Both of these charges where while we were married. Divorce went through on May 2003. I have moved away from her and have no contact since December 2004. I am now newly married and no issues or other charges.

What do you guys think? I am working my way into the labor pool for a coal plant in Missouri. Just thought maybe the Nuclear side might have stricter requirements might help me judge my chances better. I hope you guys could give me some insight.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Background Check.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2008, 12:45 »
Were those charges, or convictions?

Being so close together, security may see it as a behavior trend. Any therapy / anger management classes to show change in behavior?

Charges don't usually stop clearances....convictions may....

Good luck
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

turkdavid

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2008, 02:22 »
I was required to talk with a counselor for anger management. After one session with the consoler he determined that I was able to control my anger problems and that it was just a bad choice of judgement no need of other consouling. This was after the first Misdemeanor. Both charges I plead guilty too.

Motown homey

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2008, 02:34 »
The misdemeanors shouldn't be a problem - just make sure that you let them know about them upfront.  Access Authorization personnel have some latitude, so if they know about them, they will be able to adjudicate them.  If you don't tell them, the background check will pick them up and you are identified as "unreliable".  Also, if they have any other reason to question your reliability, the charges can be used to substantiate unreliability. 

Let them know everything.  Good luck.

turkdavid

« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2008, 02:57 »
Thanks, Prior to submitting my application I pull my criminal history to list exact dates of crimes and proper categories so I know they are listed correctly. Anyone else have any input I would greatly apprecate it.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2008, 03:16 »
Only that you are on the right track. It has been said on this site many times before: Be honest and cooperative, give explanations when asked. The charges are minor enough that they should be no problem as long as they are not surprises to anyone.

There are people in the industry with far worse.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

harleydad101

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2008, 05:52 »
Dude, I had the same thing happen to me, lol, almost the same time.  Carry your court papers with you.  Tell everything up front.  I've had no problem since then. Usually, after the first access is granted you are only asked about situations since your last access. Good luck.

harleydad101

« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2008, 05:56 »
Ok I will try to keep this short and easy. I passed the poss test and I will be contacted in the next couple months to do an interview. Where my concern is the background check.

March 2002 - Simple Assult/domestic vialance - Class B Misdemeanor
 - Ex wife and I got into an argument she pushed me I pushed back. I left and her and her friend thought It would be funny to call the cops - Busted

November 2002 - Criminal Mischief - Class A Misdemeanor
 - Another confertation with ex wife - resulted in both of our cars vandalized by both of us.

Both of these charges where while we were married. Divorce went through on May 2003. I have moved away from her and have no contact since December 2004. I am now newly married and no issues or other charges.

What do you guys think? I am working my way into the labor pool for a coal plant in Missouri. Just thought maybe the Nuclear side might have stricter requirements might help me judge my chances better. I hope you guys could give me some insight.

Oh, sorry dude, didn't read it completely.  The other post may be right about them being so close together.  Again, don't try to hide anything, big brother knows all.  PS.  20/20 vision says you should have learned the first time.     Jokinnnnnng.

phantasm311

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2009, 01:14 »
I just started looking into getting into the nuke field but I wonder if my background check will prevent me.  I'm 8 years out of the Air Force where I drove heavy equipment and managed several people. Currently I'm a Warehouse Manager managing as many as 18 people.  I received a UTH discharge from the military, I realize Government sites are out of the question but is there still any chance?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?