Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bartlett Can't Staff Duke-Energy honeypot

Author Topic: Bartlett Can't Staff Duke-Energy  (Read 77743 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: Bartlett Can't Staff Duke-Energy
« Reply #50 on: Nov 24, 2008, 05:07 »
You're obviously someone who thinks they're funny.  You're not.

Go on, tell us a joke and redeem yourself, coz at the moment, you just look like a XXXXXXXXXXXX.

As for you, John/Adam Carrara... lifting my kilt and showing you the goods might just do it.  I've seen your type before - you'll get all giddy and fall in love with me, forgetting why you were mad in the first place.  You Yankees are all the same... that's how I ended up marrying one!  ;)

:) Just a friendly tip... here in America Yankees were born above the Mason-Dixon line, ie the North. People born in the South might take objection to being called Yankees.  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2008, 08:44 by Marlin »

FatMalky

« Reply #51 on: Nov 24, 2008, 05:31 »
:) Just a friendly tip... here in America Yankees were born above the Mason-Dixon line, ie the North. People born in the South might take objection to being called Yankees.  ;)

I know - both him and my wife are one.  I did my research. ;)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #52 on: Nov 24, 2008, 05:53 »
We currently interfupt our regular scheduled program of Jerry Springer for this personal announcement...

hey just wanted to give a shout out to my hubby who is busy working his butt off at Oconee... thanks H.B. for 29 wonderful years and for the beautiful flowers that just arrived at the door. I love you!

We know return you to the on going saga....

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #53 on: Nov 24, 2008, 09:07 »
Please watch the following video prior to continuing on this thread.

stownsend

« Reply #54 on: Nov 25, 2008, 08:32 »
Or sterotyped Yankees.It's just something about the name I don't like. If you said you're all Redsox Nation I'd tend to agree more.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #55 on: Nov 25, 2008, 08:43 »
Or sterotyped Yankees.It's just something about the name I don't like. If you said you're all Redsox Nation I'd tend to agree more.

And/or Patriots Nation.  Remeber ----, (Oops, no names), they have the Panthers.
LM

Pdiddy

« Reply #56 on: Nov 25, 2008, 09:11 »
myspace must be blocked

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #57 on: Nov 25, 2008, 09:34 »

Wow we must really be entering a p.c. world; now I can't call a Yankee a Yankee without offending anyone?   ;)  Geeze, I come from a long line of Yankees (who migrated south in 1904 or so) and am proud of it and btw I love the North especially Maine, PA and CT.  :)

Offline Meltdown

• Moderate User
  • Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?             $upporting Member
« Reply #58 on: Nov 25, 2008, 09:56 »
Kacalakee, I understand your frustration and feel your pain.
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,13386.msg78618.html#msg78618

It's a fairly simple matter to determine that the average day for a Containment rover involves 1 - 3 or (maybe) 4 hr shot in the can, with minimal expectation that a survey will be adequately documented afterwards. Some actually do, bless their hearts, but those who don't aren't accountable in any way.

Having said that, I don't see any reason to personalize any of this. Personal attacks make us all look stupid, and will (probably) lead to another utility-wide ban for abuse of the forums. Some of us actually use this place for informal benchmarking as well as keeping up with friends. Folks just need to chill.
Meltdown

"I know that there is an eye that watches all of us. There is a judgment that weighs everything we do. And before this great force, which is greater than any government, I stand in awe and I kneel in respect." L. Cohen

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #59 on: Nov 25, 2008, 10:10 »
Wow we must really be entering a p.c. world; now I can't call a Yankee a Yankee without offending anyone?   ;)  Geeze, I come from a long line of Yankees (who migrated south in 1904 or so) and am proud of it and btw I love the North especially Maine, PA and CT.  :)

that would make you a d*** yankee
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #60 on: Nov 25, 2008, 11:52 »

Sorry Camella, but in the ENTIRE WORLD, Yankee means American.  It's just that you were raised in part of the world that at one time forgot that you all were Americans too.  But we all love you anyway - even though you will never admit that you are a Yankee too.

I just need to interject one more thought here that actually has SOMETHING to do with staffing at Duke Power.

The contention that there are 18 slots open, and the outage is understaffed, and the fact that Bartlett will tell certain techs that there is no opening for them at that outage, are not mutually exclusive.

As long as there have been outages, the staffing companies have used "already staffed" as a way of steering the caller away from one job and onto another.  There is also the practice of revising staffing numbers to reflect the actual number of employees who are going to show up for the job.  A site can request 50 techs and change that to 40 once they realize that they can only get 40.  So, an outage can be both short-handed and fully staffed at the same time.

So, the fact that the office is calling a job staffed does not prove that the job isn't 18 techs short.

"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #61 on: Nov 25, 2008, 11:53 »
that would make you a d*** yankee

yeah, but only half! It's funny my grandfather who was 8 or 9 when he came down from Wisconsin used to talk about the snow birds and D*** Yankees all the time, LOL; his daughter my mom was so proud of being a true Floridan she used to tell us she was born on a frosty morning in Dixie. Go figure.

Back on topic now, I am glad that my husband works the Duke outages, sure the pay may be lower at times but its close enough to home that we both can travel back and forth which has become a real bonus since we now have a grand-daughter to spend time with and another on the way!
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2008, 11:57 by Camella Black »

FatMalky

« Reply #62 on: Nov 25, 2008, 12:11 »
This thread has reminded me why I don't bother using the forum.

Freedom of speech over here in Yankeeland? (Just for you, Camella. ;))  Apparently it's non-existent on the interweb... at least at THIS particular URL!

I'm gonna slip back into anonymity, as apparently it's ok to fabricate stories about people from atop a high-horse, but beware if you dare try to defend those being shot at.  Not my idea of a fair, balanced forum, hosted within the "most free and powerful country in the World" but there ya go... I guess "CHANGE" really IS ahappenin'!

Oh, and for the record, this is not me "arguing with any moderators"... I'm just saying!!

stownsend

« Reply #63 on: Nov 25, 2008, 12:52 »
Wow we must really be entering a p.c. world; now I can't call a Yankee a Yankee without offending anyone?   ;)  Geeze, I come from a long line of Yankees (who migrated south in 1904 or so) and am proud of it and btw I love the North especially Maine, PA and CT.  :)
Sorry Camella if my sense of humor didn't come through.I was referring to the NY Yankees as I'm a die hard Redsox fan and I've been trying to convert Marssim from his evil empire ways.

stownsend

« Reply #64 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:07 »
This thread has reminded me why I don't bother using the forum.

Freedom of speech over here in Yankeeland? (Just for you, Camella. ;))  Apparently it's non-existent on the interweb... at least at THIS particular URL!

Hey Fatmalky
I'm sorry if it got personnel for you but we all understand who started this thread and I think the majority of posts reflect what we think of his comments.Being an open forum and knowing that people have a tendency to get upset and post libelous remarks, the moderators had to step in for the good of all of us.Everybody (Management included) reads these posts and that is not where we want them to get the wrong impression of this site.Send a PM to the one who has fired you up.Thanks.

Offline IRMWORM

• Light User
« Reply #65 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:39 »
working his butt off???? This must be a different H.B.?
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2008, 03:17 by IRMWORM »

Offline IRMWORM

• Light User
« Reply #66 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:49 »
Hey Henry,
I still have a pocket full of your $ from liars poker at VC....hehehehehe!
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2008, 03:18 by IRMWORM »

wrecked_edsel

« Reply #67 on: Nov 25, 2008, 02:41 »
Oh I see how some can post and not get his kicked off, but I put in a remark and it gets booted... I got it now... And I agree 100% with the moderators ;)

This message complies with all of the posted rules for this forum...
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2008, 04:20 by wrecked_edsel »

duke99301

« Reply #68 on: Nov 25, 2008, 04:47 »
I like the flame warrior stuff. as for caps who cares . where is my old buddy Weegee at least we had good fun back in the 90s what the hurry go to surry.
by the way everyone have a nice Turkey Day at least I will not be in reactor building. or a nasty coal plant .,,,
and MERRY XMASS!
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2008, 04:54 by duke99301 »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #69 on: Nov 25, 2008, 06:19 »
Sorry Camella if my sense of humor didn't come through.I was referring to the NY Yankees as I'm a die hard Redsox fan and I've been trying to convert Marssim from his evil empire ways.

so sorry, I didn't even "catch" the reference...

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #70 on: Nov 25, 2008, 06:32 »
Hey Fatmalky
I'm sorry if it got personnel for you but we all understand who started this thread and I think the majority of posts reflect what we think of his comments.Being an open forum and knowing that people have a tendency to get upset and post libelous remarks, the moderators had to step in for the good of all of us.Everybody (Management included) reads these posts and that is not where we want them to get the wrong impression of this site.Send a PM to the one who has fired you up.Thanks.

wrecked_edsel

« Reply #71 on: Nov 25, 2008, 07:03 »
I see now that we are all getting right with the uppers in Nukeworker I would think that Renhack would also need to get in line also with his Mgmt people. As of tonight I found out that it is not leagal to use a racing org's name in your user name without the written consent of that said Org. This being said I know that this reply will not be here long so read it quickly and save to a word document for further reading on down the line. I aggree with most of the stuff that has been posted on here and when somepeoples toes start getting stepped on alot of the post on here get lost/deleted. Is this fair well I don't know that but I do know that the fair is in Sept and they have small animals that you can pet and feed (that was a joke) so don't get offended. I have alot of friends that work for Duke and i feel their pain but it is not a life sentance you can get out if you really want. As for some of the post on here most of them need to "get a life" (a quote from the current coach of a major university in the big 10). Most of you take all of this as fun or funny but I have feelings and would appricate it if you would be more civil in your words. Thanks for keeping it real... People People can't we all just get along? Thanks J.B. :-X

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
I
« Reply #72 on: Nov 25, 2008, 07:12 »
Duke is a unique animal in the world of RP. They got by,for years paying the lowest in the nation. Let's see as Bob Dylan put it:....  the times they are a changin. I spent the better part of the 90's in the system and made a lot of great friends. Bartlett is just starting to see the shortage in the RP world. Like I told a supervisor at Duke I was a road tech when I landed there and I left, went back on the road.

I have not been back to the system in 5 years :o If you think it's bad now wait another 5 years when the next generation plants come on line. The average age tech in the field is around 55 ;) In 5 years how many access control tech will we need ? Before you jump all over me I have worked side by side with some very good 60 plus techs that get the job done. ;D

To all the Boys and Girls in the Duke system: we all have to tune up and tune it down, set it up and tear it down, but that's why we can Rock-N-Roll with the best of them :P
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Jr8black3

« Reply #73 on: Nov 25, 2008, 07:41 »
Rick I worked there myself, but not since 1990.. even back then the pay was low but the quality of work enviroment was great..Only reason I never returned was D.C.Cook and a gentleman named Pat Hoppe.. Since Cook gave us the shun,, I just float around,,lol It wasn't Pats fault..Now that Pat is back at Cook I bet he would love to have what he had back then, we had a kick ass crew, but then again we had a dedicated RP crew too..

But back on subject.. Catawba was a fun place to work,, and I've always told people it's a great place to work the people are freindly,, I'll always miss my ole catfish eaten buddy Jim Taylor,, Everybody lost a good buddy when Jim lost his life.. Gods Speed buddy

fit4denver

« Reply #74 on: Nov 25, 2008, 08:26 »
First, this is just business, not marriage, friendship or even our personal lives.  The business is simple; they offer you money to do a job and you say “yes” or “no”.   It’s irrational for me to complain about pay when I agreed to it.   Second, if I agree to take your (the employer) money, I do the job you ask of me.  If for some reason I can’t or won’t to the job you ask of me, I’ll take my leave and move on.  I won’t rant and rave about how unfair it is.  Third, I do the job they ask of me.  It doesn’t matter if that means sitting in the break room all day or pulling multiple jumps in respirator and plastics.  My time is theirs.  It’s up to them to use me or not.  Fourth, what other techs do has nothing to do with me.  I do the work in front of me, no more and no less.  Lastly, I’m here to trade my time for money. I try to be civil but I don’t go out of my way to make you like or dislike me.  If you don’t like me that’s your issue not mine; whether you like me has nothing to do with how much I make.  That doesn’t mean I’ll allow someone to be personally offensive with me.  I won’t tolerate that and I’ll do what ever is appropriate to back you down. 

I understand some people are social creatures, others are intense and almost anal about everything; still others are laid back expending just the minimum energy to get the things done.   It’s their life, not mine and I’m happy they found a way to make it work for them.  It’s called individuality.  It works especially when you extend others the same freedom that you expect for yourself.  Mature adults can easily stand in the presence of someone they disagree with and not be intimidated.  The bottom line is, after all is said and done, IT’S JUST BUSINESS.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?