Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Is 2 years for RO too soon?

Author Topic: Is 2 years for RO too soon?  (Read 22009 times)

Fermi2

Re: Is 2 years for RO too soon?
« Reply #25 on: Nov 14, 2008, 04:09 »
I'll agree. After all your classroom training is complete and it's no holds barred in the simulator the drills are the most fun you'll ever have with your clothes on.

Startups, Shutdowns, Transients (which always pump my adrenaline and give me a rush) and a good banging simulator session are about the 4 items that keep me in this industry.

Mike

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #26 on: Nov 14, 2008, 09:29 »
I'll agree. After all your classroom training is complete and it's no holds barred in the simulator the drills are the most fun you'll ever have with your clothes on.

Startups, Shutdowns, Transients (which always pump my adrenaline and give me a rush) and a good banging simulator session are about the 4 items that keep me in this industry.

Mike

You know this is a perspective that I think has not been spotlighted enough.  Honestly, this is the first I have ever heard someone speak of the simulator this way. :)

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #27 on: Nov 17, 2008, 01:12 »
You know CN this isn't just Nuke Power exclusive.

We have folks in Aviation that Love or Hate the Simulator.  I being the first and a lot of folks the later.

When you are good you enjoy being tested.  When your less than adequate you don't like being spot-lighted as an operator with less than adequate skills.

I find it telling when I ask the question:  "What do you think of the Sim?"

That answer tells me more than I need to know about their abilities.  Then of course we get in the sim and I work them into the ground.  [Insert EVIL SMILE!]

Jason

I agree,  I really love the Flight Simulator.  My problem is that Windows XP keeps freezing up and I find it rather hard to fly with a keyboard. 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

McBride

« Reply #28 on: Nov 18, 2008, 03:52 »
Then of course we get in the sim and I work them into the ground.  [Insert EVIL SMILE!]
Getting people trained to fly...but not land?  Hmmmmmmmm.....
I remember another group doing that...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?