Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Female Nuclear Power Plant Operators? honeypot

Author Topic: Female Nuclear Power Plant Operators?  (Read 9850 times)

ascrits

Female Nuclear Power Plant Operators?
« on: Nov 24, 2008, 01:25 »
Does anyone think I stand to have a better chance being called for an interview for a Nuclear Operator position at Exelon simply because I'm female....EEOC wise?  My husband has been trying to get in for an interview to no avail.  We're both in our 40's.  I'm just wondering if I should try?

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
Re: Female Nuclear Power Plant Operators?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2008, 06:57 »
never hurts to try regardless of EEOC
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2008, 07:03 »
If you try, the answer could be YES, or NO! (50/50)

If you don't try, the answer is NO!  (0/100)

Play the Odds.......... ;)

RG!

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2008, 08:34 »
 DITTO  on trying for the interveiw and see what happens it may also help if you know someone at the plant to deliver your resume  Good Luck!!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2008, 08:56 »
Given equal experience and skill, there is absolutely no doubt you would be given the job first.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

BeckyLane321

« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2008, 04:07 »
The reality is you have an excellent chance of getting an interview.  Nuclear Power Stations are hurting for plant operators.  One thing that is always lacking are QUALIFIED FEMALE candidates.  I believe your chances are extremely good for an interview.  Be prepared, confident, and go after the job if it is what you truly want!  EEOC aside its still a man's field....  Being a female may help get your in the door but only your abilities will keep you in the job.  Good Luck!! 

alphadude

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:05 »
very good chance. try progress energy, or duke, you might like the south better.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2008, 07:02 »
We have a husband & wife AO here at VY - he was hired first, then she hired on a year or so later. They are on different crews, but seem to make it work for them. Both are respected AOs. Currently have 1 female in licensing class, a couple as AOs, 2 more in AOI....

Don't know when we are hiring again, but Entergy posts on Nukeworker... ;D
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2008, 06:29 »
The reality is you have an excellent chance of getting an interview.  Nuclear Power Stations are hurting for plant operators.  One thing that is always lacking are QUALIFIED FEMALE candidates.  I believe your chances are extremely good for an interview.  Be prepared, confident, and go after the job if it is what you truly want!  EEOC aside its still a man's field....  Being a female may help get your in the door but only your abilities will keep you in the job.  Good Luck!! 

Well said. And being an employee of the evil empire, I can say that they are very interested in diversifying the work force. Good luck to you!

Justin

ascrits

« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2008, 05:37 »
Thanks everyone for your input.  Much appreciated!

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2008, 10:08 »
ascrits ...any luck with that interview yet?  I didn't see any follow up yet from you here, best of luck to you and or your hubby  ...."HAPPY HOLIDAYS"   :)
Di

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?