Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Working and living at the Barakah power station UAE honeypot

Author Topic: Working and living at the Barakah power station UAE  (Read 7583 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Working and living at the Barakah power station UAE
« Reply #25 on: Oct 02, 2023, 07:34 »
And the cleanest plant I have ever worked. I took half dozen smears on one of the primary side S/G platforms...and zero contamination detected. I guess that area was relatively highly crapped up after they completed ECT last outage...but it was 98% Co58, so now has decayed?

Very little distributed smearable...but LOTS of 1,000 to 10,000 ccpm specks around - looking for workers to land on....
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #26 on: Oct 02, 2023, 10:57 »
Very little distributed smearable...but LOTS of 1,000 to 10,000 ccpm specks around - looking for workers to land on....

Any chance for some pictures like you did when in Thailand for the Peace Corp?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Oct 02, 2023, 10:40 »
Any chance for some pictures like you did when in Thailand for the Peace Corp?

I still get this message when I try to upload picture...

"Error
You don't have permission to perform this operation."
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #28 on: Oct 02, 2023, 11:06 »
I still get this message when I try to upload picture...

"Error
You don't have permission to perform this operation."

Sent Mike an email.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Oct 07, 2023, 07:59 »
Well, THAT was a nice surprise! Based on previous techs' experience I was prepared for my first paycheck to be short...but they actually paid me 20% MORE than I had calculated!   :D :D :D

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #30 on: Oct 10, 2023, 05:12 »
Barakah proved the equation:

Open equipment hatch + positive  pressure + cavity decon = BAD IDEA

:o

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Oct 11, 2023, 06:37 »
All RPTs need to participate in a real-life scenario in which radiological conditions require a SOP/control point in the guardshack!! Good luck! If Aziz Maly is still there(mgmt) tell him hello from his old gaseous effluent buddy from Kewaunee. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2023, 11:36 by fiveeleven »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #32 on: Oct 23, 2023, 10:44 »
Cafeteria is pretty basic, but plenty of food & choices.

Turns out many of the choices include Salmonella.

4 nightshift techs...out of 20...have ended up in the hospital. Not sure what the number is on days.

Health department is all over the cafeteria and trying to get the outbreak stopped , but...
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2023, 01:20 by UncaBuffalo »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Oct 30, 2023, 03:43 »
Outage over.

Glad I went...was a unique experience.

Would never work there again. Too depressing trying to provide job coverage to crews that can't understand a word you say.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #34 on: Oct 30, 2023, 07:58 »
"Would never work there again. Too depressing trying to provide job coverage to crews that can't understand a word you say."

Sounds like some of the eighties/nineties circle bar W RCP crews. But they were from Pennsylvania......

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2023, 06:35 by fiveeleven »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?